Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:21 PM
jkennedy
Hill Giant

Default Compiling build

was just wondering if someone would just add that if you wanna compile with a 64 bit system on this link just make sure you use a 32bit mysql http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008
Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Thanks for the info.

Added to the wiki guide....
Old 02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
jkennedy
Hill Giant

also forgot to mention u need 32 bit perl also it seems but besides that compiles nice ty for guide but a 64 bit system can do compile as long as they have the 32 bit perl and mysql
Old 02-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Zandig
Hill Giant

added...

Thanks again for the info as there were a few people who had trouble compiling on 64 bit.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:37 PM
jkennedy
Hill Giant

ya np figured id let u know i used ur guide only did the 64 bot downloads and it failed to compile change mysql to 32 and got zone and world to compile changes perl and got it all lol ty for the guide
Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 AM
ArkR
Fire Beetle

Default followed guide but still getting errors

I followed the guide as well and have 32 bit perl and mysql on a 64 it windows & system. I've searched forums here and elsewhere and just can't figure this out. The error I get compiling world is as follows:

1>client.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Linking...
1>Patches.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl SoD::Register(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?Register@SoD@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl RegisterAllPatches(class EQStreamIdentifier &)" (?RegisterAllPatches@@YAXAAVEQStreamIdentifier@@@Z )
1>Patches.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl SoD::Reload(void)" (?Reload@SoD@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl ReloadAllPatches(void)" (?ReloadAllPatches@@YAXXZ)
1>.\../build/World.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1>Creating browse information file...
1>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQBOT\Build\World\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>World - 3 error(s), 3 warning(s)

Any ideas what may be wrong? Trying to get a bots build going with bots that don't heal the mob I am trying to kill. (p.s. A compiled google svn bots update would be much appreciated!)
Old 03-26-2010, 08:38 AM
joligario
Developer

Yes, add the SoD patch files to your solution.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=30867&page=3
Old 04-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Nacl2
Fire Beetle

On the VS2008 Guide it says to use Zlib 1.2.3 and to follow the link. The link takes you to Zlib 1.2.4 and when I extract it there is no Zlib/lib or Zlib/include folder.

First question is does this version work to complie?
Second question I can make a folder zlib/lib and zlib/include but what files from zlib do i put in it?

Have never compiled before....Please be gentle I'm sure its me or something I should just know if I have compiled before.

thanks in advance,

EDIT: sorry forgot to add zlib/include
Old 04-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Nacl2
Fire Beetle

Nevermind,

I tried to use the 1.2.4 version and added the files didnt work.

Found a copy on Sourceforge for the zlib 1.2.3 files which has the folders already set up after extract.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Thanks for the heads up.

I've updated the guide with the SourceForge download location for 'zlib123-dll.zip'.

Zlib has moved up to version 1.2.4 and things have changed. I haven't had time to sort version 1.2.4 into the guide. Version 1.2.3 works well with compiling so no need to mess with it
Old 04-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Compiled using zlib-1.2.4 yesterday with no problems.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Taurinus
Hill Giant

Aye, I've used zlib-1.2.4 for a while now without any issue. Infact, if you are interested in using your IDE for something more than a heavy-weight text editor, you really need to build your dependencies yourself. That way you control all aspects of the build and not end up with a crippled linker and limp distro.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurinus View Post
Aye, I've used zlib-1.2.4 for a while now without any issue. Infact, if you are interested in using your IDE for something more than a heavy-weight text editor, you really need to build your dependencies yourself. That way you control all aspects of the build and not end up with a crippled linker and limp distro.
Agree. I spent a lot of time doing this over the weekend, but now my builds are smooth when the SVN updates come. Also, I'm using MySQL 5.1 without any issues either as wells as perl 5.10, though I know 5.10 has been usable for a while now.