Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Default Block Post-PoP Features

I've been attempting to set up a server that runs Classic through PoP. However, I'm having trouble disabling post-PoP features. I've set multiple variables in the database. I've changed the following:
  • Expansions set to 15 in the variables table
  • World:ExpansionSettings set to 15 in the rule_values table (under all ruleset_id's, just in case)
  • expansions_req set to 9999 in the char_create_combinations table where it originally was greater than 15

Still, a non-GM account is able to create a Froglok character, which shouldn't be available until LoY. Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2015, 07:59 PM
Shendare
Dragon

You restarted the server and made sure shared_memory is running in your startup script?
Old 08-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
You restarted the server and made sure shared_memory is running in your startup script?
Yes. I have shared_memory execute and complete prior to execution of world, and I have restarted the server since the changes.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Shendare
Dragon

That does seem odd. expansions_req for race 330 is 16/2064 in char_create_combinations, so you'd think it would require LoY (and TSS to start in Crescent). You seeing it with a particular client, or all clients?
Old 08-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

I think I'm using the SoF client. I'll try loading up Titanium and see if that makes any difference. Is there any way to know what client you're running for sure?
Old 08-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Umm... SoF's eqnews.txt is from 2007. Titanium's from 2005. RoF's is 2013.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Hmm, yeah, then this is a Titanium client already. I'll try a fresh Titanium install anyway, now that I've installed it.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

Pretty sure there is a difference in the way that Ti and SoF handles their character creations..wasn't aware that the creation combos weren't working properly...

There are a lot of posts on this topic..one very recent.

EDIT: try this one: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39901

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 08-27-2015 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: link for recent character combo thread
Old 08-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Pretty sure there is a difference in the way that Ti and SoF handles their character creations..wasn't aware that the creation combos weren't working properly...

There are a lot of posts on this topic..one very recent.
I had read the previous posts on it, as well as Google'd around a bit before posting. Most of what was mentioned in what I could find was done, as per my first post. I ran out of ideas, so I came here.

Edit: I'll try a SoF client and see if it's an issue there also. I won't be able to do that until tomorrow, though.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:49 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Ah, I've heard that the Titanium client has character creation combinations hard-coded in, among other things. That's one limitation that makes some custom servers require SoF or later.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

I just tried the SoF client and had the same result.

I guess I'll try blowing out my db and starting fresh. Maybe I screwed something up at some point.

Edit: Tried with a fresh db and only changing Expansions in the variable table and World:ExpansionSettings in rule_values to 15. Same result.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:39 AM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

It looks like "9999" wasn't high enough for Frogloks to be weeded out. I added a few more 9's and the SoF client properly locked out the class from being available for play. The Titanium client still allowed use of Frogloks, though. I'm guessing that's because of the hard-coding in the client.

Is there a way to disallow a specific client type?
Old 08-31-2015, 11:48 AM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Well, that was simple. Just in case anyone else can't find the answer, I'll post it here. If you go into the server source, specifically ruletypes.h within the common subdirectory, you'll find a bunch of default settings. If you change the following line:

Code:
RULE_BOOL(World, UseClientBasedExpansionSettings, true)
If you change "true" to "false" and re-compile the server, the Titanium client will obey the server settings for expansions owned. I don't believe custom race/class combos would work, but it will at least force the client to obey Froglok settings if using an expansion limit prior to LoY and Berserker settings if the expansion is set before GoD.

Edit: I'm not sure, but I'd assume this variable could also be set in the rule_values table under the rule_name of "World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings".
Old 09-01-2015, 04:44 AM
kilst87
Sarnak

Haven't downloaded a new database in a while, so I'm not sure if this still holds true:

How to enable Frogloks and disable Drakkin

That's a post a made about the same issue a while ago. I solved it without needing to edit or recompile the server. Hopefully it's helpful to you.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilst87 View Post
Haven't downloaded a new database in a while, so I'm not sure if this still holds true:

How to enable Frogloks and disable Drakkin

That's a post a made about the same issue a while ago. I solved it without needing to edit or recompile the server. Hopefully it's helpful to you.
Changing the expansion required settings worked with the SoF client, but not the Titanium client. So far, only changing the UseClientBasedExpansionSettings variable has worked. Like I said, I changed it in the code and re-compiled, but I believe these variables are overwritten by what's in the rule_values table, so it should work there as well.