Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Drazel
Fire Beetle

Default World.exe and Database update issue

I finally solved all my other install problems and was very happy to be moving along when I got to a part of the install that was a bit confusing due to my lack of experience with the processes of setting up and maintaining a server.

So I read this:

d) Database Updates (Applying) on the wiki. I started world.exe and it stated that it couldn't connect to mysql, so I figured out that I had to change either the login.ini or eqemu_config.xml.

I am setting up for a private server and I followed the public and private set ups so I made sure to compile correctly and set up the original database build for a private server.

Because I got the mysql error I just went ahead and changed the login.ini and eqemu_config.xml for a private server setup and it made it so the world.exe saw mysql.

During the manual start of world.exe and selecting option 3 it started updating but gave me errors on some portions. When I selected three again, it gave me a couple more errors. Most of the update went with no errors. I was unable to copy the errors before losing them in the command prompt stream, is there a way to see what parts failed?

Is it normal to have errors when doing a manual start of world.exe after a fresh install of peq database?
Old 09-01-2015, 04:04 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

The most common error I have seen is one where a database table is missing. My DB is altered from peq so this is "normal".

Another is if I manually start world and world is already running. That's more of an "oops".

I ran a looping query recently in the HeidiSQL UI and had to force out of it. I believe that severed the connection to mysql. When I went to start the server immediately after, I received access violations. Restarting again seemed to "bounce" the connection, if that makes any sense.

You will be able to find the error logs in your logs folder in your server directory.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Drazel
Fire Beetle

Default Log files

When I started the world.exe to have it update the databases it didn't seem to generate server log files. It did create a db_update folder and a db_update_manifest, but the manifest didn't list the errors I saw when I ran world.exe following step 6 part d of http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...Guide&frm=Main .

I have some more questions about what was stated in part 6d but I don't want to post to many questions in a row.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:07 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

I believe the `logsys_categories` table is where many of the logging features can be enabled/disabled. Don't ask me what they do or what they mean. I haven't tinkered around with them yet to fully understand it.

As far as other questions go, fire away, it serves you no good holding back. Besides, it doesn't seem very active right now and questions that need answers will engage certain types. Don't expect me to know the answers though, you're my scapegoat.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Yep, there's a wiki page for figuring out what kinds of things to write to a log file, what things to show on the console, and what things to echo into GMSay in-game.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Logging_System_Overhaul
Old 09-06-2015, 12:44 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Today I will learn `logsys_categories`.

Thanks for the link sir!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Drazel
Fire Beetle

Default Current Situtation

I started over with my server build and peq database build and took the time to write down the couple of errors I got.

Up until part 6 d of the wiki, I have resolved all my problems that I had from previous threads. I had to add the database information to eqemu_config.xml before this part would work.

When I ran world.exe the first time choosing option 3, I got the following Errors:

ERROR 1146 (42502) at line 1: Table 'peq.logsys_categories' doesn't exist
Than the missing DB update number
URL to retrieive it
The saved update.

It did this error for these updates: 9075, 9074, 9070, 9069

2015_02_02_logsys_packet_logs_with_dump.sql
2015_02_01_logsys_packet_logs.sql
2015_01_28_quest_debug_log_category.sql
2015_01_25_logsys_Mercenaries_category.sql

ERROR 1146 (42502) at line 1: Table 'peq.vwmercnpctypes' doesn't exist
Than the missing DB update number
URL to retrieive it
The saved update.

It did this error for this update: 9065

2014_12_26_merc_weaponinfo_table_update.sql

When I ran world.exe the second time choosing option 3, I got the following Errors:

ERROR 1051 (42502) at line 2: Unknown table 'peq.vwmercnpctypes'
ERROR 1054 (42522) at line 5: Unknown column 'd_melee_texture1' in 'merc_weaponinfo'
ERROR 1054 (42522) at line 6: Unknown column 'd_melee_texture2' in 'merc_weaponinfo'

Than when I press 0 and exit at one point it says:

Loading items..
Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
Loading skill caps..
Error: Could not load skill cap data. But ignoring

than the exit hangs and I have to control-c to get to finish exiting.

Maybe when I ran shared_memory.exe it fixed the two errors I got on exiting world.exe.

The world.exe added the files that got errors to the db_update folder, but I am not sure if it made the correct database entries.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Option 3 needs to be ran twice, one to stage the updates and two to apply the updates.

Getting schema errors through the applying process can be completely normal. In your case I don't know enough about what it is you're doing to really know.

The update process should be seamless, regardless of which point you are in your database schema.

Based on some of your updates however, it looks like it is missing the logsys_categories table altogether:

It did this error for these updates: 9075, 9074, 9070, 9069

2015_02_02_logsys_packet_logs_with_dump.sql
2015_02_01_logsys_packet_logs.sql
2015_01_28_quest_debug_log_category.sql
2015_01_25_logsys_Mercenaries_category.sql

Which also tells me it missed this update from the manifest 9068:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...e_manifest.txt

What you can do is manually go to your 'db_version' table, set your version to 9000, run the world.exe update again and it SHOULD pick up everything you need in the proper order regardless.

Let me know what happens afterwards.

Last edited by Akkadius; 09-07-2015 at 02:44 PM..
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 AM
Drazel
Fire Beetle

Default I followed the server setup

I ran option three twice. My server worked and I have even been able to play the game no problem so far. I will see if I can figure out how to change the db_version in the database.

On another note, I had a hardware issue that caused me to do a third install and build of the server. On further notice I missed an error that I believe had been there previously but where it fell in the sequence was missed by me. It went as follows.

It gave this error when I started world.exe after creating the database new before I selected any options:

ERROR 1146 (42502) at line 1: Table 'peq.db_version' doesn't exist.

This message occurred before the others listed in the post detailing my errors when I ran option 3 twice. It happened when I started world.exe for the first time.