Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Default Scars of Amerous?

It seems this server is returning, as it was online yesterday, however, how is it still Preferred status, it seems unfair it can have such a long downtime and still maintain its status, I'm not bashing the server, it just doesn't seem fair to allow for such a downtime and maintain that status whereas other servers, as I've seen in old posts, have been demoted from said statuses for being down for maybe a week.

Also, I would love to see how this server is going to play out now that it went from 0.7.0 to 0.8.0 and is compatible with newer clients. I personally never played due to Titanium restrictions, but may give it a go with the newer compatibility.

Thoughts, anyone?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

If this is true, spider is working again, I will move back there, this used to be one of the top servers around and since it wasn't updated i never felt like logging in, I give this my reccomendation

Old 06-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

It's true. http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...fo&worldid=770
I see it's 4x EXP, 5x AA, anything else about it that's nice?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:19 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

This actually makes me kinda happy its returning, by far one of my favorite server to play on. And if its going to be compatible with new clients woot woot lets go

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 07-06-2013, 08:47 PM
nbkr1ckynbk
Fire Beetle

I've met many, many, great people off of Scars of Amerous. As well as many asshats(hi Razorgimp/Crabs/Spike <3). And I've been pretty busy since SoA went down last, so I haven't really gotten into another server as much as I have SoA over the years. Spider/Aerlys/Keolis/Logic(and more) have always done a really good job at what they did and provided us with a great server. Although at first, I didn't particularly like having to do evasive rotations, it actually became quite fun after awhile as in the higher end raid zones it was quite a challenge and you had to always pay attention or you could wipe the whole raid pretty easy if you weren't able to recover in 10 seconds or less heh. But hopefully all my old guildies see this message or see that SoA is coming back and still check in from time to time and we could get things rolling again the second SoA is up up . Pugly, Suki, Bloodshot, Tave, Rampage, Slipknot, Shrek, and there are at least 300+ more I'm missing that I hope return! Hope to see you all soon!

Fenken

Leader of "The Pwny Express"
An SoA guild.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

I'll sell you the best geared warriors on the server
Old 07-07-2013, 01:30 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkr1ckynbk View Post
I've met many, many, great people off of Scars of Amerous. As well as many asshats(hi Razorgimp/Crabs/Spike <3). And I've been pretty busy since SoA went down last, so I haven't really gotten into another server as much as I have SoA over the years. Spider/Aerlys/Keolis/Logic(and more) have always done a really good job at what they did and provided us with a great server. Although at first, I didn't particularly like having to do evasive rotations, it actually became quite fun after awhile as in the higher end raid zones it was quite a challenge and you had to always pay attention or you could wipe the whole raid pretty easy if you weren't able to recover in 10 seconds or less heh. But hopefully all my old guildies see this message or see that SoA is coming back and still check in from time to time and we could get things rolling again the second SoA is up up . Pugly, Suki, Bloodshot, Tave, Rampage, Slipknot, Shrek, and there are at least 300+ more I'm missing that I hope return! Hope to see you all soon!

Fenken

Leader of "The Pwny Express"
An SoA guild.
Haha i was in your guild and i believe i still am. Not quite sure if my rangers name is Liquest or Mongo but idk if any of those ring a bell

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 07-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Assuming all our gear/characters remain, will be curious to see if new content is finally released. Was a huge let-down when we killed everything but Cazic Thule because he was like .. a fucking truck.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 PM
nbkr1ckynbk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquest View Post
Haha i was in your guild and i believe i still am. Not quite sure if my rangers name is Liquest or Mongo but idk if any of those ring a bell
If the database was saved and Spider/Aerlys doesn't have to start from scratch, then you should still be in as I neverrr removed anyone, I don't do that :P. But yes, I remembered the name Mongo as soon as I read it in your post . Weren't you a monk? But regardless, I am so glad to see an old guildie still around and hope to see you back when the server is back up and back in TPE to help me restart things, cuz TPE WILL make a triumphant return when the server does, you can count on that! .
Old 07-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmannen View Post
Assuming all our gear/characters remain, will be curious to see if new content is finally released. Was a huge let-down when we killed everything but Cazic Thule because he was like .. a fucking truck.
That's because the code on Cazic was an exciting one, every 5-10% he'd change from Spells only to Melee only, to spells only, and back and fourth again, towards his last 10% his damage increased a bit, too. If I'm not mistaken.

I was a GM on SoA for the longest time, then he shut it down without notice and I pondered where it went. As I've taken a new project, I most likely will not be GMing for Spider. =/. Will be sad not to, but... Such as life.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
That's because the code on Cazic was an exciting one, every 5-10% he'd change from Spells only to Melee only, to spells only, and back and fourth again, towards his last 10% his damage increased a bit, too. If I'm not mistaken.

I was a GM on SoA for the longest time, then he shut it down without notice and I pondered where it went. As I've taken a new project, I most likely will not be GMing for Spider. =/. Will be sad not to, but... Such as life.
Yeah. We fought him for 5 or 10 minutes at a time but only ever got him to 85% or so, the rest of fear we could clear no problem .. CT was just, ridiculous. Was intended as such to be a cockblock though imo, seeing as how they were too lazy to develop anymore content(i.e. finish Sky/VP). But, Ikkinz was amazing .. I loved raiding that place.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Making me REALLY miss this server - I joined a guild and just started getting geared up right before everyone had a mass exodus from it. Think we did one ikkinz raid and killed the named in Dagnors - won his monk claw. Can't wait to play it again..
Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Brother and I started right as the server basically died, Warjoe was running a crew of 10 or so people for a couple months while we were around. Then it was pretty well dead besides us, we boxed everything but Cazic Thule though .. definitely a really fun server.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:57 AM
TheTillan
Fire Beetle

Fenken!! It's Shrek yo!

SoA kicked ass, loved playing on that server. If it comes back I will too. I might be living on a Naval Ship and not have internet, but as soon as I do, if it's up and running I'll be boxing like whoa once again.

Fenken I know you said 300+ more included but I just gotta throw "Bored"'s name out there. I don't imagine he's around these forums anymore.

Character wipe would be cool in my opinion, start everything from scratch.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I'm glad this topic brought everyone back together and helped this server out, I'm sure the owner will appreciate it.