Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Large Warp Detected

I have noticed that a lot of servers now have these anti-hacking things which will check to see if you're warping. I think it's a good idea, but the problem is that it constantly tells me I am warping when I am not. I don't use MQ2 or anything, so it's really annoying when I am just standing around or fighting and I get these messages saying 'Large warp detected' and then whatever negative effect the GM has added onto that. I play on two computers, both on a wireless connection, but only one of them gets that problem. Lag doesn't seem to be an issue because I am never actually lagging when I get the message. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

Your playing on a connection with lots of packetloss probably wireless or bad modem connection
Old 04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

i dont know what % packetloss it takes before you see the msg but prob like just 10-15% so if your at 75-80 packets some times you would see the msg
Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Why does it only happen to one of my wireless computers then?
Old 04-05-2010, 05:23 PM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

could be that its farther from the router or theres some sort of intrefernace from something beween the the comp that isnt and the router.

things to try.
1. try to clear up any wire clutter around your anttana if its in the back of your comp (like a card) then try to pull the pc out from the wall some (the PSU can cause interferance sometimes.

2.place the router closer to the the comp thats having the problems.

3. try one of the many anttana hacks out there (its basicly metal like foal or steel in a U shaped pointed towards the router)

4. boot your routers out put with 3rd party firmware.

5. just get one long ass eth cord and plug right into the router