Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > Simple Client

Old 06-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Cripp
Discordant

Default SimpleClient Download links

just thought id post this for easier reference for the download links for everything...

SimpleClient: Client 1.0.0.21 Binarys/LoginServer-Binarys+Source/Server-Binarys+Source http://www.savefile.com/files/1953063

SimpleClient DLL Sources: http://www.savefile.com/files/1501292

SimpleClient NetCode DLL Template Source: http://www.savefile.com/files/1597949

SimpleClient/OZ/etc Compile Components: http://nugblazers.com/files/SCtut/sc_components.zip

+ Scorpious2k has some extra custom zones up for downloading here: http://webpages.charter.net/s2k/

www.nugblazers.com

Last edited by Cripp; 07-17-2008 at 07:46 PM..
Old 07-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Added download link to the bugfix build 1.0.0.15 (fixes the crash on zoning bug).
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Added download link to 1.0.0.16 version. This only contains updated files and is not a "complete" release (that is, you need to overwrite what you have). Changes include:

- Internal architectural change to make the 3D content loader a lot more flexible (you'll notice the change in SimpleClient.ini after you run it once).
- Added in-game options screen, which you can open with Alt-O or with the /options command. There isn't much there yet but at least the window exists now and I/we can add more over time.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:33 PM
chuckltn73
Banned

awesome work... Did you make changes to collision at all? seems like its a bit easier to walk through doors now? Stairs are still a bit wonky lol but if you look up like you are going up a ladder its not that much of an issue.

Again GREAT work.

What is the policy on submitting new changes btw? I am working on adding authentication to the loginserver
Old 07-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Darkriderone
Fire Beetle

Wind Pwns!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
chuckltn73
Banned

The custom zone site posted is dead I get a file not found when I go to the link.

I am uploading a 0.6.0 server package with the most recent SC Bugfix build (With the DB included) It works so far I havent done a great deal of testing but it seems to work fine so I thought I would share it. Its uploading to mediafire as we speak will post the link soon as its done
Old 08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Updated the link to point to version 1.0.0.18. This contains only updated files since the original release. This contains an extra tab pane in the Options window that lets users set server filtering options (emotes, chat channels, others' hits, etc.)
Old 10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Uploaded SimpleClient 1.0.0.19, which includes some 3D engine fixes and an updated item icon file. This is just an incremental release because I felt that getting the 3D fix out there immediately was important. I plan to do some database work on it this week and plan a full release once I've finished.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Uploaded SimpleClient update 1.0.0.20, which includes a fix for mob variants (they were showing up with the wrong textures). This is just an incremental update, not a full release.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

SimpleClient 1.0.0.21 has been released!
This is a full release, not an incremental one. See the top post for the download link.

Release Notes

1. Several zones have seen updates, with The Namtarn receiving the most attention.

2. All zones have mobs suitable for hunting, most with loot, as well as pathing.

3. Mobs that can cast spells will.

4. Over a hundred new spells. Most are similar to live, with a few changes. All names and icons are of course different, so you'll have to do some experimenting. There are new spell icons to accompany them.

5. There are GM's for every class (except maybe Beastlord).

6. There are three playable races (male or female):

- Human
- Wood elf
- Dark elf

All others will appear as the human model as I haven't made models for them yet.

7. There are several viable casting classes:

- Cleric (the most developed)
- Wizard
- Necromancer
- Druid
- Enchanter (not as good as the others)

There are also spells for other classes where there is overlap, but bear in mind that the only pet spells included are for necro pets. There is no other pet model yet.

8. There are spell vendors for all classes except Paladin, Shaman, and Beastlord.

9. There are a few magic items to be had, if you can take them from the right mobs.

10. There are a couple of named mobs.

11. There are six zones:

- Windcatcher's zone (everyone starts here for now)
- Peshara highlands
- Lelembeth
- Canyons of Gur
- Veldona
- The namtarn

You can hunt in all of them, but you will find yourselves spending the most time in Windcatcher's zone and Lelembeth. There is a LOT to do in Lelembeth, and there is room for more. As much as in that zone, it's still underutilized.

12. All content files (that is, the .XWA files) have been re-exported such that every mob model is in its own .XWA file, and all zones use the force-loading mechanism to include mobs. This will make it easy to add or change mobs in zones in the future.

13. There are two mob models not used by the DB, the mind flayer and the hook horror. I'm saving those for an underground zone I'm planning.

14. The correct version of MySQL is included.

15. My full 0.5.5 database dump is included.

16. Resurrection support is included, but untested.

17. There are new mob models since the last version:

- Human female (player model)
- Lizardman (alternate leg)
- Wolf
- Bear

There's a lot of new stuff here, and there is definitely enough to start a server out of the box. That said, I could really use some help. GeorgeS has supplied me with lots of models, but I could also use help with other areas:

- Padding out the DB with more content: loot, mobs, you name it.
- Quests
- Ambient zone sounds
- Mob combat sounds
- More mob models
- Testing, testing, testing! As far as I can tell, NO ONE is using the client, and that's a real shame.
- And the big enchilada, help with the 0.7.0 netcode. Serious, detailed documentation would be a good start, since I haven't really been able to make heads or tails of the code. I'd love to ditch this old server and move up to 0.7.0.

Happy New Year,

Wind
Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Runeblade
Sarnak

Is there anyway to get the links refreshed?
Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I didn't know they're broken. I haven't done much with it in many months, and I'm leaning toward a full release with source at this point. I just need to do a little work on the engine first...I've been adding shader support to it (just dynamic lights for now) and it's got some bugs in it. If nothing else I need to add a means to disable using shaders. The next release of SimpleClient will be tied to the next release of OpenZone, which is why I haven't released OpenZone 8.7 yet: I had to change the .XWF format to support some dynamic light info (basically flicker settings) and this means that the two have to be released together.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

WC, if you need, I'll host the files, as I do others' as well.
Anyway, thanks ahead of time for taking time to improve it more.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-28-2009, 02:44 AM
Darkriderone
Fire Beetle

Hey Windcatcher, just wanted to let you know that I'm still using Simpleclient, and am still building the world, but I suck at programming, modeling, hell I suck at everything. I just wanted to say thanks for everything you have put in so far, I really enjoy the customization options Simpleclient has given, and also the fact that I'm not tied down by the old game engine, so that their is lots of room to grow.

Then I realize that I have also posted this in the wrong thread.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Lol, that's okay. I'm still working on SimpleCilent, though very slowly. I'm trying to get dynamic lighting working using shaders, and it's hard to get perfect. I made some progress today in getting one bug fixed, just one more and I'll be able to release it. I'm also holding OpenZone 8.7 until SimpleClient is ready because I had to expand the .XWF file format to support dynamic lighting. They'll basically have to be released together as a matched set.