Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::need work

Quests::need work This is where quests that are outdated or still need work

Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
daerath
Sarnak

Default Plane of Justice Trials

Regarding the PoJ trails and Seventh Hammer access, it appears that the trials of Execution and Burning are complete (based on the presence of #Event_Burning_Control and #Event_Execution_Control), but nothing exists for the remaining trials.

Before I dive into those and try to finish them, I wanted to make sure nobody was actively working on these, or that they haven't been completed already.

So.... Are those still needed? I'll probably have to reactivate EQ to get some specifics on them, so I want to make sure before I go down that road.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Yujiro93
Sarnak

I am looking for the trials + 7th hammer codes but havn't found anything about it on network or in EQEmu forums.
Seems nobody has worked on it and still need to be done.
Would be a great thing if you could do it. I'm not skilled enough to do codes for the moment and the this part of PoP is so fun. I'm really missing it.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:56 PM
bad_captain
Developer

http://www.peqtgc.com/quests/quests.php?z=pojustice

Usually, if someone is working on them actively, they will show as checked out. Search their forums to see if there are any posts about the status of work on the trials.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Jaekob
Sarnak

I have most of the trial of torture sitting in an email from someone else that I need to review and finish but other than that no one is working on the uncompleted PoJ trials over at PEQ. Feel free to submit any work you care to do on them.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by daerath View Post
Regarding the PoJ trails and Seventh Hammer access, it appears that the trials of Execution and Burning are complete (based on the presence of #Event_Burning_Control and #Event_Execution_Control), but nothing exists for the remaining trials.

Before I dive into those and try to finish them, I wanted to make sure nobody was actively working on these, or that they haven't been completed already.

So.... Are those still needed? I'll probably have to reactivate EQ to get some specifics on them, so I want to make sure before I go down that road.
I would love to see these finished. Coincidently I was there with a group last night on my private server. We experienced the bug that ports the Tribunal NPCs instead of the group in the Execution Trial. I added a line of code from Project EQ forums and that seemed to fix it but having the rest to choose from would be fantastic. I look forward to playing those if you decide to finish them, daerath.

Thank you.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
daerath
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny151 View Post
I would love to see these finished. Coincidently I was there with a group last night on my private server. We experienced the bug that ports the Tribunal NPCs instead of the group in the Execution Trial. I added a line of code from Project EQ forums and that seemed to fix it but having the rest to choose from would be fantastic. I look forward to playing those if you decide to finish them, daerath.

Thank you.
heh. Don't look forward too much. There's a reason that everyone did Execution. =P The other trials were *hard*.

We did them as a guild to give 7th hammer a beatdown and some of those trials required very specific classes to beat reliably. =P 7th wasn't a pushover either. He wasn't Fennin Ro or anything, but he was surprisingly difficult given that PoJ was a Tier 1 plane.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 AM
sorvani
Dragon

I am sure monks would all like it to be done when PEQ releases OoW and they can start work on their epic 1.5/2/0
Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Jaekob
Sarnak

If all else fails and no one writes the PoJ trials, it's on my list of things to complete before working on OoW.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:01 AM
joligario
Developer

I believe 2 other trials are finished but just need to be implemented. We'll have to look again.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
daerath
Sarnak

Quick update. I haven't applied for an account on PEQ to let me check out a quest yet, but I'm going to just go ahead and start anyway. I've been reviewing the existing trials and digging out my PoJ notes.

I'll keep you all posted.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Kalastrom
Fire Beetle

I dislike necro'ing a long dead thread, but has there been any progress on this? I ask because I've been attempting to create these trials on my own (and without EQ Live access too no less, lol).

So far I'm managed to get Flame working much better, and I've written Torture from scratch. After a little digging I've discovered that the DB is missing all of the mobs related to the Stoning Trial but Hanging and Lashing are okay.

The only other thing that caught my eye was there was no spell in the db for the Hanging trial like there is for the other 5 (Penance of <something>) which teleports the group to the trial. Is it missing from the db or is it something that does not exist at all?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

You should get with the folks over at http://www.peqtgc.com/. I believe there is someone working on them over there. If you post what mobs you need and your quest code, they're pretty good about getting into the svn.