Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone::Bug Reporting

OpenZone::Bug Reporting Found a bug with OZ, tell them here

Old 07-03-2012, 01:19 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Exclamation OpenZone wont open .scn from Truespace.

I know GeorgeS uses TrueSpace as his main editor and I tried it out today and boy am I impressed, however I couldn't get Openzone on any of my pc's to open the .scn right, it opens and all i see is a blank document. I'm sure if some one as successful as GeorgeS openly (in various posts) says he choose it over 3DStudioMax as his MAIN editor it must work... :P where am I going wrong?

(Once I do get a working model in openzone, How would I go about putting that into the world? Save as object .s3d named global-something and include that .s3d in the client directory and put it as a listing in the GlobalLoad.txt file?)

Quote:
although I tried gmax in the past, I decided on using truespace as my main editor. I have 3dstudio 3.x and use it rather sparingly.

I do not know to what extent one can create a zone in (g)max - although I wager to say it's likely that's how the 'real' ones were made.

So far I have managed to import the Arena zone into OZ and export that as a S3D for preview. So I guess it's doable. Things like terrains need to be under a specific poly count as well.

I'm creating objects for zones now and should have several 100's for people to try mess with.

Later
George

Old 07-03-2012, 04:04 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I have to wait till I get home to be sure, but I believe these are exported as .obj. The scene file is intrinsic to OZ, and not same as TS7.

I no longer use TS, but 3DSMax nowdays, but principle is same.

George

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-03-2012, 07:27 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Question

I changed it to .x in TS and then tried to open it in OpenZone 8.6 [via import-> ".x" and got this error, moved down
to 8.5 and still the same error, trying to run as admin (in windows xp and it just crashed altogether - im using OZ in a
vmware of win xp since it doesn't work in win 7 64 bit that i know of, tho the server itself is on win 7 64 bit home premium 0.8.0 eqemu.
As for openzone 8.6 and 8.5 i tried in two totally different windows xp installations, Is it a bug or am i going wrong somewhere? :S

I also saw some one else/other people with a similar error(s) - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24461.

Mine is when i try to import .x fille.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLGanjika View Post
I changed it to .x in TS and then tried to open it in OpenZone 8.6 [via import-> ".x" and got this error, moved down
to 8.5 and still the same error, trying to run as admin (in windows xp and it just crashed altogether - im using OZ in a
vmware of win xp since it doesn't work in win 7 64 bit that i know of, tho the server itself is on win 7 64 bit home premium 0.8.0 eqemu.
As for openzone 8.6 and 8.5 i tried in two totally different windows xp installations, Is it a bug or am i going wrong somewhere? :S

I also saw some one else/other people with a similar error(s) - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24461.

Mine is when i try to import .x fille.

(SEE ABOVE POST FOR IMAGES)

[note: this is a continuation of the above post -

Forgot to ask before it stopped allowing me to edit]

what are your recommendations for filling out this TS menu: what works best for moving files into OZ?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
GLGanjika
Hill Giant

Question ts, 3ds and openzone?

sorry, misposted (honestly wasn't trying to bump or anything) :( - was trying to post in an entirelly different part of forums - in any case I guess i can update at least and say I have got it working in 3dstudiomax but when i place an item its just a bag and I -can- see it in everquest model viewer or whatnot - I didnt texture it but it should work... just a bag though, added it to global_obj at first and after i got the bag tried making one called admin_obj... where am i going wrong? :'(