Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 PM
cubber
Discordant

Default EQAlerter - A Python based audio alert system for EQ. With Discord Bot Support!

This basically is a Python alternative to GINA (https://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/) for Linux users that play the game in Wine. However I added a special twist by creating two versions of the program. One is standalone that uses the CMU flite TTS engine and the other is a Discord Bot version that uses the Discord python API and TTS as well as CMU's flite to provide alerts to an entire raid over Discord. The source code is available at my github repo here:

https://github.com/bullr/EQAlerter

Enjoy! I already have quite a few people interested in a Windows fork of this. I am not a Windows user or developer since I solely use Linux, however if someone from the community is willing to take up the effort I will happily provide commit rights to the github repo after a bit of vetting.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Hey Cubber - nice to see you around again!
Old 11-20-2017, 09:38 PM
cubber
Discordant

Thanks Akkadius. I have been lurking, but have been very busy finishing up my PhD among other things. Now I have a bit more time for little side projects like this again.

A lot of changes have happened over the past few years! The code base has really come a long way.