Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Old 08-06-2007, 05:23 AM
Runeblade
Sarnak

Default Custom player model question

K been searching around for info on OZ and haven't found out how or if its possible to change, say, the look of a Race.

Meaning I want change the old dark elf model into this one.
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=EQ000411.jpg

Anyway I can make this happen? Just have to animate and if it works I can change afew others.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 AM
Runeblade
Sarnak

Default Helmet models

K I have no problem now importing custom models in. Their not textured atm but I can figure that out.

Main question is, when u put armor on a character it isnt really a model, just a skin. It sunk my idea of attaching custom models to my armor pieces to show up like weapons. Then I remembered that their is one armor piece that shows up a model, the head piece.

I made my own helm model and changed its model link to IT1001 and imported my helm model to use model IT1001 but it doesnt show when i equip it. It showed when i put it as a weapon on my hand but not on my equiped as a head piece. I dropped it on the ground and it showed up as a helmet so idk.

Here's a picture of it on the ground. Very simple with no texture.
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=EQ000420.jpg
*its alittle dark*

Any idea's? I have its 0,0,0 point around the middle so it should be showing close to the head somewhere but it doesnt :|.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:04 AM
chipdawg
Fire Beetle

I'm curious what your method of importing the new character model is.
I've been messing around with 3DSMax and Maya and want to add my own designs.
For player races and NPCs alike.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:15 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

I've said this before, but damn man, you get the necro-ward of the year. Almost a 7 year necro? legenday status. I've seen a few posts by people far smarter than I - check into it. Peeps got custom weapon models. Look around and be amazed. Scorp2k server had custom zones, now we have custom weapon models.

Miss you Scorp.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

dat awkward 7 year necro.

think it's been that long since I've seen my willy, will your sister necro that shit?

Old 06-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningsoul View Post
I've said this before, but damn man, you get the necro-ward of the year. Almost a 7 year necro? legenday status.
Awwww... I wanted that award.

Quote:
I've seen a few posts by people far smarter than I - check into it. Peeps got custom weapon models. Look around and be amazed. Scorp2k server had custom zones, now we have custom weapon models.
I've heard of that Scorp2k thing somewhere. Long, long ago. On a server far, far away.

Last edited by Scorpious2k; 06-02-2014 at 02:43 PM..
Old 06-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipdawg View Post
I'm curious what your method of importing the new character model is.
I've been messing around with 3DSMax and Maya and want to add my own designs.
For player races and NPCs alike.
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for as an answer. It's been a long time since I played with this, but Openzone imports 3DS files and I believe it also imports Anim8or files.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Packet
Hill Giant

Back in 2007, I was working on a little project for fun to see what I could bring over into EQ from WoW. Surprisingly, I was able to get quite a bit in minus the particle effects.

Also, /wave Skorpious2k. Miss ya buddy - It's been a long long time.

One last edit: A tip for importing your own custom zones. Create maps for Quake 3 Area first and then use the converter that WindCatcher built into OpenZone. I had more luck with UV mapping while importing quake maps than I did importing 3ds or obj files as terrain/objects given the severe limitations of s3d files. I really wish that Windcatcher wrote in support for the newer eq zone format which supported bump mapping and much a higher polycount.

Formerly "Richardo"
Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packet View Post
Also, /wave Skorpious2k. Miss ya buddy - It's been a long long time.
/wave

It's been too long... I might be coming back, how about you?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Packet
Hill Giant

I am. I'm actually looking for windcatchers source code for OpenZone. I was hoping I could rewrite it and resolve all these issues we're having. I figured that with openzone, I could include Zaela's methods (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38303) to include eqg formatt.

Formerly "Richardo"
Old 06-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
I am. I'm actually looking for windcatchers source code for OpenZone. I was hoping I could rewrite it and resolve all these issues we're having. I figured that with openzone, I could include Zaela's methods (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38303) to include eqg formatt.
Doesn't the source come with it? You know it's written in delphi, right?
Old 06-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Packet
Hill Giant

Yes and I believe Windcatcher never upgraded past Windows 2000 while writing OpenZone so it's likely a very old version of Delphi. I don't remember if he made it to Windows XP or not at the time. I'll probably write this from scratch using OZ as a reference for logic and procedures. That's good to know the source is included... I completely forgot about that. I am busy with working on a VS 2012 compile with Zaela's Weapon Model Importer. I've almost got it up and I'm just working on getting LUA 5.2 working. (Several functions deprecated since LUA 5.1 so I am dealing with that).

Once I get this working, I'll try to get zone geometry imported. If I can do this, I may not have to rewrite openzone although it would be nice to be able to place objects, water, lava, particles, etc manually without having to modify the original imported geometry. But first things first, try to figure out the eqg format.

Formerly "Richardo"
Old 06-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Yes and I believe Windcatcher never upgraded past Windows 2000 while writing OpenZone so it's likely a very old version of Delphi. I don't remember if he made it to Windows XP or not at the time. I'll probably write this from scratch using OZ as a reference for logic and procedures. That's good to know the source is included... I completely forgot about that. I am busy with working on a VS 2012 compile with Zaela's Weapon Model Importer.
Sounds like you are keeping busy.

Quote:
I've almost got it up and I'm just working on getting LUA 5.2 working. (Several functions deprecated since LUA 5.1 so I am dealing with that).
I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

Quote:
Once I get this working, I'll try to get zone geometry imported. If I can do this, I may not have to rewrite openzone although it would be nice to be able to place objects, water, lava, particles, etc manually without having to modify the original imported geometry. But first things first, try to figure out the eqg format.
It would be nice to have it in C/C++.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Packet
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
It would be nice to have it in C/C++.
That's the plan. I sent Zaela a PM to see if they'd be willing to share any advice before I start face-planting my keyboard. I've got the model importer source compiling and everything seems to be working so now I'm venturing into the nether with a broken compass and a mining hat. :p

So, on the topic of busy-ness. How've you been? Any new and interesting? Last we spoke was several years ago when I put together that awful flash website for you with the big blue scorpion. :p

Formerly "Richardo"
Old 06-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
So, on the topic of busy-ness. How've you been?
Just getting older.

Remember Dindoleki (my son)? He's a senior at FSU with a 4.0 GPA getting a Computer Science degree...

Myra, his twin sister, is in Kentucky about to graduate with a History Degree.

Me? I am just getting more and more grey.

Quote:
Any new and interesting?
Some people are getting me to help *whispers* with a new server. Sort of a next generation S2k server.

Quote:
Last we spoke was several years ago when I put together that awful flash website for you with the big blue scorpion. :p
It wasn't that awful, but it WAS flash. :P