Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:04 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Hello there,

long time admin here, after switching to the json config file, I along with Ladrone, Durinor (around page 14) seem to be stuck with allowing remote login to get past character select.

I can connect to the server without issue while on the same server (I always start my testing that way) as soon as I try with my laptop, from the same subnet, or a different subnet I cannot get past character select.

I suspect an inbound block of port 9000. Even though I can see the rules getting created.
however, this is my eqemu_config.json config

Code:
     "server" : {
          "chatserver" : {
               "host" : "",
               "port" : "7500"
          },
          "database" : {
               "db" : "peq",
               "host" : "localhost",
               "password" : "eqemu",
               "port" : "3306",
               "username" : "root"
          },
          "mailserver" : {
               "host" : "",
               "port" : "7500"
          },
          "qsdatabase" : {
               "db" : "peq",
               "host" : "localhost",
               "password" : "eqemu",
               "port" : "3306",
               "username" : "root"
          },
          "webinterface" : {
               "port" : "9081"
          },
          "world" : {
               "http" : {
                    "enabled" : "true",
                    "mimefile" : "mime.types",
                    "port" : "9080"
               },
               "key" : "MuduK65lzq6azJgrsN7kMvEjtAQuxuB",
                    "loginserver" : {
                    "account" : "",
                    "host" : "10.198.16.120",
                    "password" : "",
                    "port" : "5998"
               },
               "longname" : "Orion Everquest Server with PEQ",
               "shortname" : "Orion PEQ",
               "tcp" : {
                    "ip" : "10.198.16.120",
                    "port" : "9001"
               },
               "telnet" : {
                    "enabled" : "true",
                    "ip" : "0.0.0.0",
                    "port" : "9000"
               }
          },
          "zones" : {
               "defaultstatus" : "0",
               "ports" : {
                    "high" : "7400",
                    "low" : "7000"
               }
          }
     }
}
Here's the login.ini
Code:
[database]
host = localhost
port = 3306
db = peq
user = root
password = eqemu
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 10.198.16.120
auto_create_accounts = TRUE

[security]
plugin = EQEmuAuthCrypto
mode = 5

[Titanium]
port = 5998
opcodes = login_opcodes.conf

[SoD]
port = 5999
opcodes = login_opcodes_sod.conf

[schema]
account_table = loginserver_server_accounts
world_registration_table = loginserver_world_server_registration
world_admin_registration_table = loginserver_server_admin_registration
world_server_type_table = loginserver_server_list_type
Eqhosts files are right because I can login on the same box as the server.

If my files are verified to be correct for LAN access (across subnets) I'll start looking into see if the auto firewall rule creation is working right..

This is the one part I always had problems getting right, even in the prior .xml file

thanks
Laxa
Old 01-29-2018, 11:00 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Hi!

For good measure, I ran another complete fresh install (earlier today was at work)

I changed as little as possible, still can't connect from any computer other than the server.

if anyone else has resolved, I'd love to know how.
Getting the server list which is good, almost there

laxa
Old 01-29-2018, 11:16 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

well crud,

I changed the same three entries on my home computer: (the two 127.0.0.1) entries in the eqemu_config.json and the login.ini and it's now working at home..

GO FIGURE..
lax.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:37 AM
Uleat
Developer

Did you enable 'external' access on your database?

Maybe the installer does that..not 100% sure on that one...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-30-2018, 11:53 AM
laxative
Hill Giant

hi!

Well I'm almost all the way solved now. .. I did a lot of testing and found the issue to be centered around login.ini

See at work I can end up on multiple subnets depending on where I jack in.

If my login.ini was specific.
W.X.Y.Z -- the client can only connect from W.X.Y.Z

If I get less specific: W.X.Y. (notice no entry in last octet)
Then clients can be anything from W.X.Y.1-254

So, we have a big network I just went with W. (no following octects) now I can connect from anywhere inside our internal network.

so adjusting local_network = **** was the issue for me.

So when I would like to have clients access from outside the router (hosting a server) I may need to specifiy the outside router address..

Seems to me there should be a remote_network setting in the login.ini file to help us get that.

local_network = 192.168.1. (all clients on 192.168.1.1-255) - or whatever
remote_network= 77.67.58.58(madeup) allows the clients to connect from outside the router (assuming router is port forwarding)

this used to be done inside the xml ??

hope this helps others?

laxa.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Skyy1999
Fire Beetle

Hi - I ran the installer, everything looks good and where it's supposed to be.

I'm running into an issue some people further up in the thread encountered.

Using the start_server login bat files just shows the world.exe starting up then shutting down over and over.

Someone up thread suggested going into a command prompt and trying to start each exe in order, starting with loginserver.exe. When I run that separately it gives me the following message:

[Login Server] Logging System Init
[Login Server] Config System Init
[Login Server] MySQL Database Init
[Error] Failed to connect to MySQL database. Error: Unknown database 'peq'

I know my SQL login info is correct because I can log into it via the command prompt with no issues and MariaDb starts up correctly. All the MySQL login info and database name is set correctly in the required config and ini files. I'm not sure why it doesn't see the peq database though since the installer indicated it was created.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the solution way back at the beginning of the thread - I didn't have a true clean install, previous Xampp/other programs were still installed and in the path variable - cleaned it all out, reinstalled, got it working.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:50 PM
ElvenWitchQueen
Fire Beetle

Default A Moss Viper (DELETE ME)

I love the new installer, and didn't know where to post this one, but is from the default database install.

Blightfire Moors - no map, but even more peculiar is the moss viper that says delete me.

Any thoughts? (took screen shot used as avatar...)

Edit: (Resolved)

'a_moss_viper' didn't show up in table search but did show up in whole database search. Why the last name of those vipers were 'DELETE ME', I have no idea, seemed liked perfectly healthy and functional vipers. :P

As far as the missing blightfire moors map in ROF2, I simply copied missing map files from other client versions.

Last edited by ElvenWitchQueen; 02-09-2018 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Resolved issue.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:09 AM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

Default start server not working

the start and start with login are not working, I launch the shared_memory as admin first, then I open the launch_world file followed then by login_server as admin. that is the only way I have been able to get it to work.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Couple quick questions with this before I even start (still building my server box hardware)
1. you said removed xp from list, but does that mean xp64 won't run this at all? or just don't want to list it as it's so old?. I like it for it's tiny footprint, and it's based of server 2003.

2. Is server 2012 the only windows server that will work? i.e. server 2003 or home server 2008 as long as 64bit, will they work? or at least probably?

3. how big is the total download after starting the installer? I'm assuming it's much bigger than a client eq folder, but I have no idea. My ISP is extremely slow, like dialup speed unless it's o'dark thirty, and I can only download about 30gb a night, maybe 35 before it drops back to 56k speed.

oh and ..
4. after this is fully installed on a clean untouched windows, can other things THEN be installed without messing things up? Or should I run this on a virtual machine only and leave everythign else on a different windows? The home server I'm building is for mainly a media server/software storage, but other than spanned volumes, I don't intend to do anythign but store stuff, let the devices accessing it work out the playback of the files on their own. SO basically I want to build the server, and have it also store 4-5Tb of audi/video/ebook and software files. Is that possible without messing up the emu server? (LAN server)

Thank you.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:09 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Ok I finally got everything going and 99.99% ready to launch, but near end of install got error world.exe is not valid win32 application. When I closed it the installer continued.

Setup luginserver etc, then went to launch with t-start-server (same with login server) and again get not valid win32 etc. After closing this one it popped through several cms Windows, then stopped at launching the zones. (Note to self..get rest of zones)

This time every time I close the error box it pops back up with a new line. The 3rd error results in change from:
Access is denied.: 0/30 UCS: DOWN queryserve DOWN liginserver: UP
TO
Workd: UP Zones 1/30 ucs down queryserv down luginserver up

Each error increasing number of zones up and changing previous line to start with access is denied.

So I close error til I'm at 30/30 zones up. See ucs down and queryserv, so I run ucs and same error, not valid win32, yadda yadda yadda

So while I'm finally so close I can smell it, I have some barriers.

Yes I'm 64 bits os, yes fresh install though it had to be started twice, first time I again got the not connected to internet thing, but this time turning off firewall fixed it, the other pc's and os's it didnt.

So, it's possible Perl or Maria got installed twice bc they run before any download, but this error doesn't sound right for that.

Ran the scripted installer so nothing outside it got installed that shouldn't. (Read someone with this error had 64bit and 32bit Perl installed)

Any suggestions? I know I'll have to run every .exe in the folder again once fixed as it seems every exe is triggering it.

Don't mind the syntax, typing on phone not pc, no c&p or screenshots or logs to post right now.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Arkansas
Fire Beetle

I followed all the steps but as soon as I run the eq batch file after running a while it gives this error

[Error:eqsmu_server.pll MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic
database upgrading to continue...

I do not se a MySWL at all in the Files I downloaded ?
Old 04-05-2018, 08:23 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
I followed all the steps but as soon as I run the eq batch file after running a while it gives this error

I do not se a MySWL at all in the Files I downloaded ?
If you did not install reference this:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...er_Setup_Guide

Download MySQLThere are two methods to this. One is to manually download and install MySQL, the other uses XAMPP (link) to install. The bonus for the latter method is if you want to install the Peq Database Editor tool (and most people will want to), then you will most likely need to install XAMPP anyway!

§Method 1Download the Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer version of MySQL Community Server*here**and put it in the*C:\EQ\Installs*directory.The current version as of April 2, 2014 is 5.1.73. DO NOT download the essentials version (it does not have the required developer components). Download the one called mysql-5.1.73-win32.msi . When you click on the download page it asks you to register - you do not need to. At the bottom of the page is a link that says "No thanks, just start my download". Use that link.

§Method 2Download the latest*XAMPP. This guide was written using the "7.1.1 / PHP 7.1.1" version*xampp-win32-7.1.1-0-VC14-installer.exe. Simply install XAMPP using the defaults but ensure PHP and MySQL are included, and remove Perl from the list as you will install it yourself.

If you have xampp.. run it and start MySQL. I am not familiar with any new guides, so not sure what it refers you to.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Arkansas
Fire Beetle

Thanks Bub, I was lost and that helped a lot! Does the MySQL or XXAMP have to be 64 bit or does it matter. I am running a 64 bit windows 8. Or is it that the 32 goes for any ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
If you did not install reference this:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...er_Setup_Guide

Download MySQLThere are two methods to this. One is to manually download and install MySQL, the other uses XAMPP (link) to install. The bonus for the latter method is if you want to install the Peq Database Editor tool (and most people will want to), then you will most likely need to install XAMPP anyway!

§Method 1Download the Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer version of MySQL Community Server*here**and put it in the*C:\EQ\Installs*directory.The current version as of April 2, 2014 is 5.1.73. DO NOT download the essentials version (it does not have the required developer components). Download the one called mysql-5.1.73-win32.msi . When you click on the download page it asks you to register - you do not need to. At the bottom of the page is a link that says "No thanks, just start my download". Use that link.

§Method 2Download the latest*XAMPP. This guide was written using the "7.1.1 / PHP 7.1.1" version*xampp-win32-7.1.1-0-VC14-installer.exe. Simply install XAMPP using the defaults but ensure PHP and MySQL are included, and remove Perl from the list as you will install it yourself.

If you have xampp.. run it and start MySQL. I am not familiar with any new guides, so not sure what it refers you to.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Arkansas
Fire Beetle

Still not working probably doesnt help that I have no clue if I am installing MySQL right or not. Any Help anyone ? I tried that site but it's not working even with there directions. It gives the same error.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:39 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Did you check your windows path variables to see if something like this is in there ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin;

Also, check your windows services to see if there is a MySQL running at all.