Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:07 AM
Cryomancer20x6
Fire Beetle

Question Bots not casting spells (at all).

I installed the server using Akkadius' repack with the bot option installed. I can log in fine and generally play with no issues. However, if I create a bot that has any kind of spell casting ability (even bards), nothing happens on that end.

The install .bat file showed it pulling from the latest binaries, so I don't know if that is the problem or not. Do I need to drop a version etc? I'm looking for this to be a server that I play on alone without any kind of WAN connection or a PC capable of running more than one instance of the game at a time, so a bot solution would be ideal for me.

All of the pure melee classes (rog, monk, war) seem to run fine overall but will not activate any of their spell-like abilities with the SoD client and the corresponding spells files. Spells work fine for any player character no matter the class or level, so I'm kind of at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:49 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Did you run eqemu_server.pl and update bots database? I believe just running the update should fix this (some updates may not work but it's fairly easy to fix this)

When you update look for issues in the text, those files tend to pop up in the updates staged folder (it will create this folder when run)

Use CMD
CD c:\Eq\eqemuserver\updates_staged
MySQL -uUSER -pPASSWORD
Use peq;
Source filename.sql;
(Go to whatever your folder is... And use your user, pw and db name)

If you have an error the table likely exists with different columns so you can fix that or drop the table and source again. (Backup DB especially if you do not know exactly what you are doing).