Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:38 PM
501st
Sarnak

Default Choker Icons

I've searched all over and can't seem to find any answer for this lol.
I'm running an unpatched (and legal) SoF client. I don't know if it matters or not but the discs were also purchased back probably 1 or 2 months after it's original release, not recently.

The problem i'm having is any item icon from the SoF expansion is appearing as a choker icon, the item graphics are also invisible if the graphic came from the SoF expansion. (in other words icons like the tradeskill jewelry or the gear sets etc). What concerns me the most is i'm also the one who reported noises from the new npc models from the SoF expansion were also silent, although the models were fully animated. None of these glitches occur for anything in the TBS expansion or lower however just SoF. I'm beginning to wonder if my SoF portion of the install got botched somehow but i'm not quite sure how that would happen =/ So it's all cosmetic stuff really but strange all the same.

If anyone has any idea what this could be or ways to fix it help would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Basically, items are gotten from Live using the current Live stats. If an item has an icon that doesn't exist in our client, it defaults to the choker icon. The only real solution is to go through the items on Lucy and find the icon that existed at the time of the client. If the item didn't exist at all, then you'll need to manually find an appropriate substitute.