Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:26 AM
700zx
Fire Beetle

Default Freeze at Character Create

When i'm creating a character on the Grand Creation server it freezes after i push the button to confirm my name. The confirm box eventually goes away but nothing happens on my screen and when i try to click back or forward it doesnt respond. I patched my client to 0.6.2, and i have all the ports forwarded to my router. The only expansions i have are luclin and velicious. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Yes patch all extension from live and apply your patch for 0.6.2
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:09 PM
700zx
Fire Beetle

i reinstalled, updated to live, downloaded all the expansions, and patched to 6.2, but its still doing the exact same thing as before. It seems as if its not even talking to the server because when i press get name nothing appears in the box and i have to write my own. Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Mhh that very strange if you have patched for All everquest extension. Are your sure :
you have directx 9.0c ?
Latest drivers for your graphic card ?
If you're are sure about your client and router, the problem is on windows software or hardware.

Have you try on another server ?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:36 AM
700zx
Fire Beetle

I have directx 9c and the latest video drivers. I tried another server and it does exactly the same thing as the grand creation server. Could it be that im installing using an old everquest disc i bought years ago? Should i download a newer version off of eq's site?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:46 AM
nadineemu
Sarnak

shouldnt make a difference if download the one from EQ or install the one from your old cd's as either way, by patching to live will overwrite all of the essential files.

Problem that i had once was eqhardware.ini .. and eqclient.ini, try deleting them. then repatch to live, and backpatch again, then try.

just a thought
Old 12-02-2005, 12:03 PM
700zx
Fire Beetle

I did what you said and its still a no go. I think its not even talking to the server after i start creating a character. Is there anyway i'd be able to find out?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:22 PM
nadineemu
Sarnak

700zx..... i can't tell on the Grand Creation server, but if you try to log into No PLace Like Home.. i could tell you what the server responce from my end is after you log in
Old 12-03-2005, 05:19 AM
700zx
Fire Beetle

Nadineemu i tryed logging in to your server at around 11:19 Central Time on Dec 3. I tried to create a character named Koko. Same symptoms as the other servers i've tried. All help is appreciated.

Last edited by 700zx; 12-03-2005 at 01:36 PM..
Old 12-03-2005, 05:36 AM
boogerific
Sarnak

I've had that problem several times. I tried different character names at least 5 letters in length and I logged on. I've also found that the faster I create a character, the more likely it is to work.

Boog
Old 12-03-2005, 05:41 AM
700zx
Fire Beetle

I've tried many names over 5 letters and gone as fast as possible and it hasnt done anything different but what i already described. I don't think this is coincidence. :(
Old 12-03-2005, 06:06 AM
boogerific
Sarnak

If you're using a firewall, it could be a port issue. You'd have to read your manual to figure that out though. I know EQ requires all ports in a certain range to be open. Could be corrupted files or something, or maybe you're using a software modem instead of a hardware modem. I'm using a software modem but I'll be getting a hardware modem soon. I've been having some trouble that points to my modem.

Boog
Old 12-03-2005, 05:20 PM
700zx
Fire Beetle

Im using a linksys router through a hardware modem and im pretty sure i have all the ports forwarded. 5994 - 5998 1024 - 6000 9000 - 9000 ? Another thought here... could it be a UI problem? If i replace the UI would that change anything?
Old 12-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

If you change the default ui, you must have problem of compatibility, try only default ui for create char.
But if you can't connect to server zone (this is after the char creation) this is i think a client compatibility problem.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:14 AM
700zx
Fire Beetle

oops i forgot to say i was using the default ui, i didnt change anything.