Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
501st
Sarnak

Default Empty zones

I updated my emu yesterday to the latest revision as well as the database. When i was done i sourced all my custom tables back in and then went to get back on EQ to continue editing. Keep in mind after updating i double checked to make sure everything was connected properly.

I got in EQ and when i got there to my surprise the zone was empty. I mean literally empty lol. Anything that could be interacted with was gone, mobs, doors, everything. I thought maybe it loaded in wrong and got off EQ and shut down and restarted the server and went back in. Still empty, and not just one zone or the zones that i customized but every zone. I tried spawning and spawn creating a test mob. It said it was successfully created, zoned out and back in and it was gone. I checked world.exe and eqlaunch.exe for errors and it was all clean and error free (aside from the typical SoF client errors that i have always gotten when running SoF and never hurt anything)> The Emu and database were both clean and error free and properly connected. The game itself wasn't missing files either. Even GeorgeS's editor tools indicated there were mobs in the zone. But the zones are just empty. My eqlaunch.exe also has the tendency to be "sleeping" when it's not supposed to as well. I'm beginning to think one of the .exes isn't connecting to the database to load the zone's contents but if that were the case wouldn't it give an error or not even connect at all?

I looked all over but haven't seen a single thing like this on the forums which leads me to believe i'm the only one who has experienced it which is troubling to say the least lol.

If anyone has any idea what could be wrong or how to fix it i thank you in advance
Old 05-30-2009, 09:17 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

If I had to guess I would say your missing these ?
make sure you do a back up before trying this, and check your database to see what ones of these are missing.

Code:
ALTER TABLE `respawn_times` ADD `instance_id` SMALLINT DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `duration`;
ALTER TABLE `respawn_times` DROP PRIMARY KEY, ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id`, `instance_id`);

ALTER TABLE `character_` ADD `instanceid` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zoneid`;
ALTER TABLE `character_` DROP `instZflagNum`;
ALTER TABLE `character_` DROP `instZOrgID`;

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD COLUMN `version` smallint(5) unsigned   NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' after `Accuracy`, COMMENT='';

ALTER TABLE `spawn2` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zone`;

ALTER TABLE `player_corpses` ADD `instanceid` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zoneid`;
ALTER TABLE `player_corpses` ADD INDEX `instanceid` (`instanceid`);

ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD INDEX `zone` (`zone`);
ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zone`;

ALTER TABLE `ground_spawns` ADD INDEX `zone` (`zoneid`);
ALTER TABLE `ground_spawns` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zoneid`;

ALTER TABLE `object` ADD INDEX `zone` (`zoneid`);
ALTER TABLE `object` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zoneid`;
ALTER TABLE `object` DROP `linked_list_addr_01`;
ALTER TABLE `object` DROP `linked_list_addr_02`;
ALTER TABLE `object` DROP `unknown88`;
DELETE FROM object WHERE object.type=1 AND object.itemid!=0;

ALTER TABLE `doors` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zone`;
ALTER TABLE `doors` ADD `is_ldon_door` TINYINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `dest_heading`;

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `adventure_template_id` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `npc_faction_id`;
Old 05-30-2009, 09:50 PM
501st
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslamarch View Post
If I had to guess I would say your missing these ?
make sure you do a back up before trying this, and check your database to see what ones of these are missing.

Code:
ALTER TABLE `respawn_times` ADD `instance_id` SMALLINT DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `duration`;
ALTER TABLE `respawn_times` DROP PRIMARY KEY, ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id`, `instance_id`);

ALTER TABLE `character_` ADD `instanceid` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zoneid`;
ALTER TABLE `character_` DROP `instZflagNum`;
ALTER TABLE `character_` DROP `instZOrgID`;

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD COLUMN `version` smallint(5) unsigned   NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' after `Accuracy`, COMMENT='';

ALTER TABLE `spawn2` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zone`;

ALTER TABLE `player_corpses` ADD `instanceid` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zoneid`;
ALTER TABLE `player_corpses` ADD INDEX `instanceid` (`instanceid`);

ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD INDEX `zone` (`zone`);
ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zone`;

ALTER TABLE `ground_spawns` ADD INDEX `zone` (`zoneid`);
ALTER TABLE `ground_spawns` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zoneid`;

ALTER TABLE `object` ADD INDEX `zone` (`zoneid`);
ALTER TABLE `object` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zoneid`;
ALTER TABLE `object` DROP `linked_list_addr_01`;
ALTER TABLE `object` DROP `linked_list_addr_02`;
ALTER TABLE `object` DROP `unknown88`;
DELETE FROM object WHERE object.type=1 AND object.itemid!=0;

ALTER TABLE `doors` ADD `version` SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `zone`;
ALTER TABLE `doors` ADD `is_ldon_door` TINYINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `dest_heading`;

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `adventure_template_id` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `npc_faction_id`;
I was apparently missing 2 of those. I replaced them and guess what, it worked! You sir have just saved me from starting over, i would say i love you but i don't wanna sound too creepy so i'll just stick with "thank you" lol
Old 05-31-2009, 09:09 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Glad it worked for you
Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 PM
501st
Sarnak

ok i really hate to say there's another problem (makes me feel like a nuisance lol) but i did stumble upon one last critical error. What you posted did fix everything except one thing, i can't make new NPCs. I can spawn them and can update existing ones fine but when i #npcspawn create a new spawn it says it was successfully created but it only added it to the npc_types table not any spawning data. And if i go in and manually make spawning data for it it still won't spawn. Just so you know i double checked what you posted to make sure there wasn't something i thought i had but didn't and also checked the changelog that was in my eqemu folder to make sure anything that said "required or recommended SQL" was also in my database and it's all there. I must still be missing something?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

go into the logs folder, there should be something in one of those files to tip you off to what is not right. If you see anything that you dont think looks right just post it in this thread.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:43 PM
501st
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslamarch View Post
go into the logs folder, there should be something in one of those files to tip you off to what is not right. If you see anything that you dont think looks right just post it in this thread.
Oddly enough there were no errors in any of my logs and i checked them from the past 4 days (to ensure i was looking at logs from before this whole thing started up until now). But i do have some good news and some bad =/

Good news. When i manually typed up the spawn information for a test mob i had missed a table. When i fixed that table it worked and spawned the mob correctly.

Bad news. Although everything is in essence working now it is still odd that #npcspawn create only adds to the npc_types table and not any of the spawn tables and that i have to make those manually and that i have to do a full reboot of the server to see new mobs or quests i added where as before i only had to repop the zone or at most zone out and back in. Odd but at least it works so it may be more complicated now but at least it's not fatal to the server as far as i can see lol