Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:56 PM
ElvenWitchQueen
Fire Beetle

Default Fine Tunning Settings - Looking for specifics...

New installer works good, up and running with a few adjustments that had to be made for various connection errors. All smooth and adjusting DB settings and such to fine tune the game play.

Looking through forums for previous asked questions, found some, but not others yet. I have a few specifics I would like to adjust yet cant seem to find any settings for;

1). Would love to have the old skeleton models show up, but this is not a client thing. I don't see any db settings for this unless its in the npc_types table. Or perhaps 'expansion settings" (which would actually be my first guess, and if so, what do I need to set it too).

2). Also in regards to models, would like old models to show up regardless of client settiings. I like the newer elemental pet models, but the newer chars just move funny, despite the better detail. Thinking this may also be a "expansion settings" alteration?

3). And last thing, which may be more of error than a change, is once client is started in world with a character, there is always the welcome screen failed to load message at top of main chat window. First thought on that would mabie be suppress console errors in DB? More of a minor thing there, but to make it just go away would be great. :P
Old 02-11-2018, 12:47 PM
ElvenWitchQueen
Fire Beetle

So I found some interesting info on reverting the old skeleton models. However, there is some various issues with client version and server settings. Here is what I found so far.

The new skeleton models can be reverted to old by simply replacing them with the following sql command line;

Code:
update npc_types set race = replace(race,'367','60');
This replaces all new skeletons (367) with the old ones (60). (To revert back, just run the sql command again reversing the numbers.)

The problems is, in clients other than titanium, the animations do not work for the skeletons, they just move around in a frozen state, arms out-stretched. However in titanium, they are back to old skeletons as normal with their animations working fine.

I will keep playing with and searching for other settings, just wanted to note what I found so far.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:09 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

think globalload.txt on client side needs somethign for old skele and old wolf?

i know there are other posts, if not here on other ervers forums... a google search may be better. the info may or may not be too old at this point?

"eqemu old skele"

or somethign liek that. think there's a whole write-up about it that's quite verbose in nature, but at least ~8 years old or more? if any animation files are needed i bet you can find them in the post i am thinking of. i think some servers force old models, so that should be possible too. may need to edit code for that if there's no column like the npc_types table you show in the sql command above. have to point it to proper models and not allow the high res one? or you'll have to make a downlaod package and try to force them on the client side -- obviously people could avoid that.

brain fart: just edit your eq options... turn off new models. if it's a personal server you can self police alot of that.

Edit quick google: ** i did not read into it.. may or may not be good but shows you can find stuff more easily with google search rather than a forum search.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37857