Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:15 PM
karecalt187
Fire Beetle

Default cannot connect mysql

This is what I get when trying to connect to mysql. I am following the advanced guide for server setup on windows. I get this when trying to setup mysql in step 3 of the guide...am I in the wrong directory someone else mentioned restarting but I do not see a command for that or file? Thank you

C:\xampp\mysql\bin>mysql -uroot
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061 "Unknown error")
Old 01-11-2018, 06:48 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Not exactly sure which part you are at... Probably the second half of this post.

Did you launch xampp and Start Mysql

Need to start it Everytime... You can set it to start always, but I have run into issues that it does not start.

Then when you go to CMD prompt you would type

MySQL -uroot -ppassword

Where root is your user (if user was account it would read -uaccount)

Where password is your password (if password was secret it would read -psecret)

Then you can do:
use peq;

Change peq to your database name. (If you save a SQL file from heidisql from your database it will put entries in the file to make the changes to the database you pulled it from... In the event you make multiple servers and want to copy an entire table from 1 to the other).

Or what part are you at? Looks like your trying to set password after you set the path?

If so just type
MySQL -uroot

In the CMD window. You don't need to add the exact location like you did when setting the path.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:48 PM
karecalt187
Fire Beetle

Well I skipped past the MySQL setting password at the beginning and kept going forward in the guide but it never told me to run xampp I guess....logical step. Let me try your solution I am sure it is something simple like this.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:58 AM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

trying to install EQEmu on Win 7 Ultimate x64 VM, the eqemu_install.bat file is hanging after creating the maps folder. any ideas?
Old 01-18-2018, 12:59 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladrone View Post
trying to install EQEmu on Win 7 Ultimate x64 VM, the eqemu_install.bat file is hanging after creating the maps folder. any ideas?
Be patient or re-run the batch file again
Old 01-18-2018, 03:28 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

I made sure all Windows 7 updates are current, I re-ran the installer and I still get to this point:

[Install] Fetching Latest Maps... (This could take a few minutes...)
[Copy] folder doesn't exist, creating 'maps/'

it has been sitting at this point for more than 2 hours now, is that to be expected?
Old 01-18-2018, 05:14 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

maps can take a while... how fast is your connection, their servres etc.. more than 1 factor at play. go make lunch or something. if it's not stuck, you're just adding time if you interrupt the download. 2 hours is probably safe to start over, though. make sure there isn't a y/n prompt.

you don't need to run xampp after installed/setup. just make sure 3 services are set to 'automatic' or add it to bat file to "net start"/stop services with server. i made sure to copy/paste exact names:

apache2.4
sqlwriter
mysql

you can find them in services.msc - run that as a command or click "services" button in task manager etc.. multiple ways to get there.

net start ...
net stop ...

will start and stop any service in a bat file / cmd prompt. or set them as "automatic" and not worry about them being ready.

if you've gone from advanced self install to installer, make sure to start 100% fresh. remove everythign and start clean for installer.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

thanks, i took your advice and went to lunch, when i returned it had finished! however, now that it has finished there seem to be files missing...
i do not see the eqemu_update.pl or the t_start_server or t_stop_server files.
here is the final output from the installer after the maps DL'd, this is a completely fresh install of Win7 x64.

format error: can't find EOCD signature
at C:/Perl/lib/Archive/Zip/Archive.pm line 695
Archive::Zip::Archive::_findEndOfCentralDirectory( 'Archive::Zip::Archive
=HASH(0x3414da4)', 'IO::File=GLOB(0x3dffc34)') called at C:/Perl/lib/Archive/Zip
/Archive.pm line 581
Archive::Zip::Archive::readFromFileHandle('Archive ::Zip::Archive=HASH(0x
3414da4)', 'IO::File=GLOB(0x3dffc34)', 'maps/maps.zip') called at C:/Perl/lib/Ar
chive/Zip/Archive.pm line 548
Archive::Zip::Archive::read('Archive::Zip::Archive =HASH(0x3414da4)', 'ma
ps/maps.zip') called at eqemu_server.pl line 1782
main::unzip('maps/maps.zip', 'maps/') called at eqemu_server.pl line 153
main::map_files_fetch_bulk() called at eqemu_server.pl line 450
main::do_installer_routines() called at eqemu_server.pl line 279
main::new_server() called at eqemu_server.pl line 818
main::show_menu_prompt() called at eqemu_server.pl line 553
main::check_for_world_bootup_database_update() called at eqemu_server.pl
line 79
read error at eqemu_server.pl line 1783.
Press any key to continue . . .
Old 01-18-2018, 06:28 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

having patience and re-running the installer pays off, thanks for the help. Appears to be up and running but I don't have a client install yet, hopefully soon!
Old 01-19-2018, 03:53 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

so the server is up and running and i am able to create a character but when i try to log in the server stops responding and the client either drops back to the server select screen or it just goes all black. in my World cmd window i can see where the character is zoning from character select to tutorialb... any help would be much appreciated

to check them off the list:

Windows IP Configuration
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : mshome.net
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::178:14a:ba5b:
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.142.162
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.240

I updated my eqemu_config.json to match my IP address and set the port number for Titanium
"loginserver2" : {
"account" : "",
"host" : "168.192.142.162",
"password" : "",
"port" : "5998"
},
"longname" : "Plane of Soulree Voker",
"shortname" : "Soulree Vokers Plane",
"tcp" : {
"ip" : "127.0.0.1",
"port" : "9001"
},
"telnet" : {
"enabled" : "true",
"ip" : "0.0.0.0",
"port" : "9000"
}
},

I updated the login.ini file on the server
[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 192.168.142.162

I updated the eqhost.txt on the client to match the Server IP and I added patchme to the shortcut for eqgame.exe

**latest update** I am able to log into the server now but other people are not able to, any ideas?

Last edited by Ladrone; 01-19-2018 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: to provide more info
Old 01-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

Default using local login server for remote sessions

is it possible to only use my local login server and not connect to the eqemulator.net but still be able to host remote connections?

how would I need to modify the eqemu_config.json file?

when I try to remove the login server 1 info the remote clients are unable to zone into the world...

right now I have it up and running, accepting clients from both the eqemulator.net and my local login server.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

For local login setup, see: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki...r-installation
Old 01-23-2018, 04:40 PM
Ladrone
Fire Beetle

Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply and the amazing work you have done to make this possible.

I apologize if this is something I should be able to understand easily but I am still not clear on how/if I can eliminate the public login and only use the local.

when I remove the loginserver1 info clients cannot connect to the world, maybe I am removing too much from the config.json file...
Old 01-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladrone View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply and the amazing work you have done to make this possible.

I apologize if this is something I should be able to understand easily but I am still not clear on how/if I can eliminate the public login and only use the local.

when I remove the loginserver1 info clients cannot connect to the world, maybe I am removing too much from the config.json file...
Ladrone, just make your loginserver entry named "loginserver" versus "loginserverX" and it should work fine as a single entry
Old 01-26-2018, 01:56 PM
uberbeans
Fire Beetle

Default Restore server

Hi all,

Everthing installed great. Been looking through the forums and can't figure out.

I use t_database_backup
It's saves file into the backup folder. But how do I restore it. I want to move the server from one computer to the other. Thanks.