Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Default Raid Addicts Promo's

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up the Christmas Promo's are still up and running and today also spawned the 16th Anniversary promo bot from this summer as well just to help all of the new and returning players. I'll be keeping these up for a week or two so you have plenty of time to get on and get the free stuff.

We have just recently launched 5 new levels to the server, and each of these levels your Hired Goons aka "Bots" get stronger with each level casting stronger self buffs. We have been striving for the last year or so to push out as much solo content as possible because that seems to be the interest lately with players.

There are still people who box however the main focus for content creation right now is solo , small group, group, 2 group and then a handful of raid missions.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:56 PM
shadeknight
Sarnak

Decent server with plenty of content. There's content you need a big raid for to get top end gear - so you have two choices, box 12-36 of your own army or try to form raids with the community.

End game mobs have 1bil - 2bil hp with high regen, powerful nukes/dots, a version of rampage called KMRA Rampage, and/or adds. Struggling through all of that can reward you with top of the line augs, weapons, and more. Pushing through the most recent content (Sleeper) with a group can net you Epic 6.0s, access to t7 quests, and more. There's a custom line of a debuff/slow spell clickie item (Electric Dog) which the 3rd, 4th, and 5th editions require groups/a raid to get - as well a line of items that buff either melee or spellcasting (pls add a hybrid one, Mort... )- and the 3.0 version requires endgame bosses like Ayonae Ro, John Frum, and a tough as a stale cookie raid against a Tinkerer.

Ranged classes take the charge here bar warriors - pet classes as well. One of the two main boxers runs 12+ necros/mages, a warrior, and a cleric. That's not to say you can't play a berserker, beastlord, bard, or any other melee class (even the other two tanks) - but more work will be needed. Wizards especially are easy to get to crazy high damage - which is intended, as Mort applies a retail/live-like class balancing. He does add new spells / modify old spells if you can (calmly) point out where numbers may be weak or spells may be missing.

Goons, while not on the player level, can do some absurd level of cool stuff. Paladin goons can, when geared, tank t5-low t6 content. Mine, for example, tanked one of the more annoying belly caster raid bosses (Belly casting is present in at least 3 bosses - which is where you can't cast unless you're right up on the boss) - while goon healing via the druid goon is but a shadow of actual druid/shaman/cleric healing. Goons are not there to replicate players, but they are there to help soloists do the solo content and some of the older (pre-t6/t7) content. You can get 2 wizards and 2 ranger goons with guks - and wizard goons are absurdly powerful. Rangers too, but you gotta make a choice.

tl;dr: content for all types, struggles to get endgame items like epics, bosses are not a breeze - could use more actual players. come on down if that's your cup of tea.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:28 PM
sarcoma2
Fire Beetle

This server has an insane amount of content, yes.

The playerbase is extremely slim.

Most of the "required" content needed to progress is locked behind massive raids. Unless you like juggling 64 of your own boxes, you're going to have a hard time getting much of anything done.

Server admin also loves to steal others' ideas and work, call them his own, and push out or ban anyone who questions this.

Good luck...
Old 05-13-2019, 06:05 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcoma2 View Post
This server has an insane amount of content, yes.

The playerbase is extremely slim.

Most of the "required" content needed to progress is locked behind massive raids. Unless you like juggling 64 of your own boxes, you're going to have a hard time getting much of anything done.

Server admin also loves to steal others' ideas and work, call them his own, and push out or ban anyone who questions this.

Good luck...
You need to do some history guy. The work on Raid Addicts goes back 15 years. Morty doesn't need to steal anyone's work, but I am assuming the word "ban" is what starts these kind of server flames, as usual. It's so obvious. Give it a rest drama queens.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:31 PM
sarcoma2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
You need to do some history guy. The work on Raid Addicts goes back 15 years. Morty doesn't need to steal anyone's work, but I am assuming the word "ban" is what starts these kind of server flames, as usual. It's so obvious. Give it a rest drama queens.
Fully aware of the history, thanks.

As for the use of work and ideas, I have first hand knowledge, but thank you for playing. You could also just ask KinglyKrab, but I digress.

As for the server review, it was 100% spot on, whether or not you would like to call it flaming.

And while, yes, I have been banned, it doesn't change those facts.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:30 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Ehhhh... you might wanna do some history.. he's not wrong.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:24 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Splose - No disrespect for you, but sarcoma's post, to start out with, was normal, "constructive criticism" about a server. His motives seemed totally legit until the last sentence, which made it obvious, he wasn't here for that "constructive criticism". He was here for a personal attack on the owner, only because he got banned. But tell me something. If all of this "alleged" history is true, how come nobody has ever come on here before, UNTIL, some pissed off player got banned ? Why didn't he come on here and make that allegation, BEFORE he got banned ? Sorry, I'm not that gullible. Anonymous nicknames on the internet are NOT witnesses to me. Until someone presents physical evidence, it's all fake news to me.
YOU, yourself, Splose, have encountered a disgruntled player on your EQAwakened server, coming on these forums with a personal attack on you, because he got banned:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...82&postcount=1

Did you want me to believe that post about you Splose ? No, I wouldn't, but not because your "Splose", because you're a server owner, just like any others, who deserves fair and equal treatment. I had to kick someone's ass off my Lockjaw server, years ago, for being an obvious troublemaker. It goes with the game.

This whole Server Discussion category has got out of hand with personal attacks and flaming by people who don't respect the Forum Rules that, unfortunately, have no enforcement or deterents to reduce it from happening. But guaranteed, if the OP's name on this thread was (for example), Akka, or Rogean, etc.,(instead of Morty) the thread would of got some real quick attention. But it is, what it is.

Many people come here with that "I love EQ" spirit, but it's too bad everyone can't just simply play the game. If a FREE server is not for you, (no matter what the owner is all about), then move on to a different FREE server.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:09 AM
sarcoma2
Fire Beetle

Actually, quite the opposite. The whole ban thing happened many months ago. I have long since gotten over both the ban and the personal disrespect he showed both to me and his longstanding playerbase at the time.

I have enjoyed several smaller upstart servers since. I have enjoyed Imperium and EZ as well. While I didn't necessarily agree with everything Sturm was doing, I can at least respect the direction he was headed.

I have nothing at all against any of these other wonderful places to play.

I just so happened upon Jordan Mortenson's post. I felt an obligation to not only give a review of the server but to also give fair warning to folks that the content is rather unplayable unless willing to box your own army.

While I was handing out warnings, it felt an appropriate time to also warn others not to bother offering anything helpful or constructive as it will either be met with "this is my server, you guys can f*** off" or "thanks for the idea. I shall now use it and take full and complete credit for absolutely all of it."

Now I've properly flamed him.

You may move on to the next thread.

PS - My experience was thus: there was a mass exodus over a few (needed) changes. These changes were quite a lot to bear for those that could actually do content, though, as it meant a lot of rehearing or changing of classes to remain viable (again...64 boxing content).

I made some design suggestions that were taken and implemented (which was the point, of course), but he then took full credit for the design concept.

This new content was good, but definitely needed tuning, to which I happily offered suggestions. After weeks of being ignored and some of the content being simply unplayable, I had a conversation about it in /ooc. That was the end. I was banned for questioning him in general chat. Removed from his FB group. Removed from the Discord group. And squelched from sending him any PMs on Discord. Just like that.

Then, right after, he felt fine retuning the new content in the exact same way I had been suggesting. Again, he took sole credit.

These are all fact. These are all my personal experiences with Jordan and his server. I do have the Discord conversations to back up the content side of the claim. That's about as much "proof" as I would be able to offer as the rest is now blocked from me.

Enjoy Raid Addicts.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcoma2 View Post
Actually, quite the opposite. The whole ban thing happened many months ago. I have long since gotten over both the ban and the personal disrespect he showed both to me and his longstanding playerbase at the time.

I have enjoyed several smaller upstart servers since. I have enjoyed Imperium and EZ as well. While I didn't necessarily agree with everything Sturm was doing, I can at least respect the direction he was headed.

I have nothing at all against any of these other wonderful places to play.

I just so happened upon Jordan Mortenson's post. I felt an obligation to not only give a review of the server but to also give fair warning to folks that the content is rather unplayable unless willing to box your own army.

While I was handing out warnings, it felt an appropriate time to also warn others not to bother offering anything helpful or constructive as it will either be met with "this is my server, you guys can f*** off" or "thanks for the idea. I shall now use it and take full and complete credit for absolutely all of it."

Now I've properly flamed him.

You may move on to the next thread.

PS - My experience was thus: there was a mass exodus over a few (needed) changes. These changes were quite a lot to bear for those that could actually do content, though, as it meant a lot of rehearing or changing of classes to remain viable (again...64 boxing content).

I made some design suggestions that were taken and implemented (which was the point, of course), but he then took full credit for the design concept.

This new content was good, but definitely needed tuning, to which I happily offered suggestions. After weeks of being ignored and some of the content being simply unplayable, I had a conversation about it in /ooc. That was the end. I was banned for questioning him in general chat. Removed from his FB group. Removed from the Discord group. And squelched from sending him any PMs on Discord. Just like that.

Then, right after, he felt fine retuning the new content in the exact same way I had been suggesting. Again, he took sole credit.

These are all fact. These are all my personal experiences with Jordan and his server. I do have the Discord conversations to back up the content side of the claim. That's about as much "proof" as I would be able to offer as the rest is now blocked from me.

Enjoy Raid Addicts.
Sounds about right.