Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:13 PM
ElvenWitchQueen
Fire Beetle

Correct, that looks funny because that's not my lan address, that is what eqemu_server.pl installs as default, those have been change to my lan address. That was merely posted to show the files installed by the new console installer.

SO, in answer to your question, no 127.0.0.1 are not being used, that was just the example file.

Also, since I think allot of confusion here is between the old setup and the new installer using the eqemu_server.pl file, or the new installer bat file which I used on clean install of windows. Allot is different, including a new file called, win_server_launcher.pl which does allot of strange things in the background, and preconfigured bat files for start up. Example the 't_start_server_with_loginserver.bat' file which is included in install looks like this,

Code:
@echo off
cls
echo *** CLEARING OLD LOGS ***
del "logs/zone/" /q
shared_memory.exe
start perl win_server_launcher.pl zones="30" zone_background_start loginserver kill_all_on_start
exit
as you can see, it points to win_server_launcher.pl and starts everthing accordingly.

Its interesting, but hard to find what your looking for because it operating differently than old setup.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Aardil
Fire Beetle

I agree fully, I only suggest the tenet as hers is set to 0.0.0.0
its shot in the darkl.

you may very well be correct as I have zero exp with this new code.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:47 PM
Turmoiltoad
Forum Guide

Maybe check the bind settings in my.cnf?
Old 02-06-2018, 08:53 PM
ElvenWitchQueen
Fire Beetle

Default Fixed, with Explanation

So, apparently something that previously worked before isn't working now so had to remove an IP digit ... figures

in login.ini the line,

local_network = 172.16.0.1

worked before, as that would cover all computers on the network connected to the router, but it does not now. So, by using,

local_network = 172.16.0.

works fine.

However, this doesn't really answer why the router gateway 172.16.0.1 is not being recognized when it should, actually used the gateway address on the older eqemu setup and worked.

So, if anyone else has same issue, I guess try deleting the last number in local network ip address :/

Very strange.....
Old 02-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Aardil
Fire Beetle

The reason behind this is probably the default 192.168.16.1 is the access to your router/ modem (the address you use to get to your router port forwardinmg and such).

By setting it to 192.168.16.1 it is trying to access your router settings.

Now if it was like the old school set up, you would use 192.168.16.45 (if thats the IP of your pc that is hosting the sever).

I have seen a post or two about dropping the last digit. I guess thats what the new system requires.

Tags
client disconnect