Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:14 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Alrighty, i did regular mysql the only thing im trying different is instead of typing it in im just setting to the the Program file (x86) C:\mysql file hoping that will do something not sure though, ive tried alot of things, i guess this time ill also try reinstalling perl, though i still dont think thats the problem im getting but always worth a shot

Actually my solution above did work, only new problem is my Quests folder already has a green check, how do i revise it to the http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests
Old 03-19-2011, 11:28 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Edit: when i try to change it, it does this

Switch C:\eqemu\quests to http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests, Revision HEAD
Repository UUID '858f6fc0-2484-11de-a087-198e6c7179d9' doesn't match expected
UUID '1db01234-8a6e-11dd-8937-b3a01dae0fbe'

I deleted the old files like Maps and Quests and made news one that could actually have the URL process done to it, dont know if that works but we will see.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Bamzal
Sarnak

I am encountering compiling falures as well. I am currently at 2/5 successful.

ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1008
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express
MySQL Server 5.5.9
zlib 1.2.3

Ended up 1/4 success - they were failing because it could not find "zlib.lib"

I notice that a "zlib.lib" file was not included in my zlib download. Found this forum (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28678) which confirms that the official zip file calls the lib "zdll.lib" instead of "zlib.lib". So I made a copy of "zdll.lib" named "zlib.lib" and the compiler can now find that file...

However, that brought me to 2/5 sucessful and the other 3 are all failing on the same issue.

The 3 build failures are identical for World, Zone, and ucs, and happens during the linking stage:

2>Linking...
2>mysqlclient.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2005: _inflateInit2_ already defined in zlib.lib(zlib1.dll)
2>mysqlclient.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2005: _inflate already defined in zlib.lib(zlib1.dll)
2>mysqlclient.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2005: _inflateEnd already defined in zlib.lib(zlib1.dll)
2>.\../build/World.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
2>World - 4 error(s), 2 warning(s)

The guide was going smoothly until it told me to add "C:\mysql\lib\opt" to the INCLUDE list in Visual Studio because that directory did not exist. So I just added "C:\mysql\lib\" and continued...

Not sure why that directory is missing because I installed all components of the MySQL server (confirmed by going into add/remove programs > change).

Downloaded this MySQL Connector C++ 1.1.0 which seems to actually contain a "mysql\lib\opt\" folder, but that did not have an affect either way...

Since I had a "mysql\lib\opt\" path now, i tried removing "c:\mysql\lib\" but then the linker fails with this reason:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mysqlclient.lib'.

So it seems that I need to have "mysql\lib\" in the LIBRARY list, which puts me back to the previous error.

I believe my problem is somewhere between MySQL Server and zlib.

My thoughts are that with recent changes to MySQL there is no "opt" folder but just "lib" folder?

Also, in the zlib USAGE file and it states:

- If you wish, you may rename "zdll.exp" to "zlib1.exp", and/or
rename "zdll.lib" to "zlib1.lib".

It doesnt mention renaming it to "zlib.lib" possibly because it knows thats not compatible?

Either way, I tried naming the file to "zlib1.lib" and it brings me back to my first error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'zlib.lib'.

Now I feel strongly that perhaps recent updates with zlib and MySQL are conflicting with each calling their own "zlib.lib", and maybe zlib is recommending use zlib1.lib instead.

So what I think I need to do is somehow tell the Linker process to use zlib's "zlib1.lib" instead of "zlib.lib".

Any suggestions?
Thx
Old 03-20-2011, 03:03 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If you downloaded the zlib file from the link in the first post and extracted it properly you would have zlib1.dll and some text files in the root directory and 3 directories named include, lib, test. The zlib.lib file is in the lib directory and that is where you should point the compiler.

I use MySQL 5.0.91 and have no trouble with missing files. You might try the older version as it seems you have either installed improperly or the layout and location of files has changed.

You shouldn't ever have to rename files in order to get this to work. If you find yourself missing files it is always going to be that you downloaded the wrong thing or installed it improperly.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Bamzal
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
If you downloaded the zlib file from the link in the first post and extracted it properly you would have zlib1.dll and some text files in the root directory and 3 directories named include, lib, test. The zlib.lib file is in the lib directory and that is where you should point the compiler.

I use MySQL 5.0.91 and have no trouble with missing files. You might try the older version as it seems you have either installed improperly or the layout and location of files has changed.

You shouldn't ever have to rename files in order to get this to work. If you find yourself missing files it is always going to be that you downloaded the wrong thing or installed it improperly.
This link? For Zlib, go here -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libp...l.zip/download

Just checked, same one as I previsouy had. There is NO zlib.lib file contained in that zip.

Obvously something has changed.

In the LIB directory, there is:
zdll.lib
zdll.exp
zlib.def

Last edited by Bamzal; 03-20-2011 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: fixed link
Old 03-20-2011, 04:30 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Try here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuw...es/zlib/1.2.3/

You'll need both the bin and lib files extracted to the same place.

You may have to fiddle with the order of the library directories to get it to work properly. MySQL also distributes zlib.lib and if they are not the same version you will have linking errors as you saw. If you put the MySQL directory above the zLib directory it should work.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:05 AM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Default New problem

Ok, when trying to do the 1711 file as shown here

So first click on the 1711 file called 1711_account_restricted_aa.sql and click Open
Then click Start. It will source that sql in to your database.

It will say this when i try

[Err] ALTER TABLE `account` ADD `time_creation` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `suspendeduntil`;
[Err] 1146 - Table 'peq.account' doesn't exist
[Err] UPDATE `account` SET `time_creation` = UNIX_TIMESTAMP() WHERE `time_creation` = 0;
[Msg] Finished - Unsuccessfully

any ideas on how to fix this?

; I saw in guide it told me to delete first 3 lines ( that was the whole file basically ) but i did it and i just get
[Msg] Finished - 0 queries executed successfully

Also; when i try anything else i get

[Err] 1146 - Table 'peq.rule_values' doesn't exist
[Err] INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'Combat:NPCBashKickStunChance', '15', 'Percent chance that a bash/kick will stun');
[Msg] Finished - Unsuccessfully
Old 03-20-2011, 05:42 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Looks like you missed step 15 or typoed somewhere along the way.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:09 AM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Now lets say i did miss something (cus i did ><) is it easy fix to just do it and a fix will happens or what exactly?
Old 03-20-2011, 06:55 AM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Default Almostt

Ok, i typed my IP into the internet browser ( im with AT&T ) anyone work with them that knows how to forwards ports on the page, if so plesae let me know.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Compiling with MySQL Server 5.5.9 will fail as it's not supported.
I use 5.1.56 (32 bit version) which works fine.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Bamzal
Sarnak

Thank you Zandig and lerxst2112.

I now have a legit looking zlib but still running into the same errors:
"mysqlclient.lib(inflate.obj) : error LNK2005: _inflate already defined in zlib.lib(zlib1.dll)"

My thought is that MySQL is now the problem, and Zandig you just confirmed my assumption.

I will try downgrading right now and report back.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:39 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Can someone dummy down this part for me please ;; i use AT&T 2wire router and such and watching guides, it makes sense (none of these guides are about eqemu making but for other games and the general idea on how to open ports and such) but the numbers posted here make no sense on where they are supposed to go " Log in to your router and you need to forward the following ports to the internal
ip of your server computer : (These are the ones that worked for me)

5998, 5999
7000 to 7100 (Port Range Forwarding is essential for this)

Old 03-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Bamzal
Sarnak

Got it working... 5/5 successful.

Uninstalled MySQL 5.5 and installed 5.1. Right off the bat things were looking much better - MySQL actually came with that "/lib/opt/" folder.

However then I ran into errors using the zlib that I was recently suggested trying.

I had to go back to the original zlib download from the original post, download that package even though it only contains a "zdll.lib" and not a "zlib.lib". Then I just renamed "zdll.lib" to "zlib.lib" and it started working fine. Using that other zlib that you suggested lerxst2112 was causing errors in zconf.h while compiling.

So my understanding is that part of my problem was that I accidentally downloaded a newer version of MySQL.

But another part of the problem is that the suggested zlib download has since changed and you actually need to rename the "zdll.lib" to "zlib.lib" in the lib folder, in order for it to work.

Thanks for all the help again.
-Bamzal
Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Bamzal
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranovir45 View Post
Can someone dummy down this part for me please ;; i use AT&T 2wire router and such and watching guides, it makes sense (none of these guides are about eqemu making but for other games and the general idea on how to open ports and such) but the numbers posted here make no sense on where they are supposed to go " Log in to your router and you need to forward the following ports to the internal
ip of your server computer : (These are the ones that worked for me)

5998, 5999
7000 to 7100 (Port Range Forwarding is essential for this)

Those are the TCP and UDP port numbers that you should allow pass-through from your router to your server's local IP address.

You need to log onto your routers configuration page - a webpage. You type the local IP address of your router into a web browser to access it.

Find the local IP address of your router by going start>run>cmd then command prompt opens then type "ipconfig /all" and look for the IP associated with "Default Gateway" and that is the local IP address of your router (the one you type into your web browser). *unless you are not using a router but directly connecting your PC to a modem*

When I log in to my router's configuration page it has a section to specify port ranges and local IP addresses to allow the port open for.

Ie:
Allow / Enabled
192.168.1.1 BOTH (as in TCP and UDP) 7000 - 7100
and repeat for the others.

Hope that helps.

Edit: I just saw your picture...

Application Name is just a name for those saved settings on your router. Since you need multiple I just call mine Eq1, Eq2, etc. They have no bearing.

Looks like you cannot select "Both" so you need to repeat the process to open TCP and UDP, I am not sure which is required exactly.

Timeout I suggest using the default, same with Port Mapping. The router does not need to do any source/destination mapping.

5998 would go in the "From" Port(or Range) field, and 5999 would go in the "To" field.

Save the settings, then repeat the setup but with a different name and put 9000 into both "From" and "To" fields.

Keep repeating that process until all ports you need are open.