Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Tinkle
Fire Beetle

Im getting that same error.

Faulting application eqgame.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module , version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:00 AM
lawless80
Fire Beetle

Default Same error

I am getting the same error on both pc's i run. I hope someone gets a fix. i have tried everything that has been stated and nothing work reinstalling now in hopes it fixes it..

thanks
Lawless
Old 12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
njlinus
Sarnak

Hey everyone, after having this problem for a few weeks. I installed a new video driver, dx9 update and anything including dancing on one leg. I forgot to check one thing. one minor detail that fixes my problem for now at least. i changed in display properties > settings I changed the Color Quality to Medium (16 bit). I have had no problems since then. might help some people
Old 12-20-2006, 03:45 AM
rup1033
Fire Beetle

Default The FIX!

The fix for this seems to be to right click eqgame's shortcut and go into the compatibility tab and select windows 98 compatibility mode.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:47 AM
rup1033
Fire Beetle

Default hate to double reply

Hate to double reply but it seems that only worked a little while, for some reason now EQ when I load it up crashes again, I just dont know anymore.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

check the support forums for EQ at: http://station.sony.com/

this is an issue with the EQ client, not the EQEmu server.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:51 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

This happenned to me the other day for the first time. Don't know what caused it, but when i shut down my server and tryed again eq fired right up (might not matter but running Mysql 5.0.24). Started server eq errored out again so i rebooted system and not run into the problem again YET. Don't know why it errored out with server running cause i don't think eq connects to any part of the server till hitting the login.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Monza
Fire Beetle

Default Beating a dead horse

Same issue on two machines now. First one, then the other. I did notice that I had used the "/Q" option to quit out of a few servers which was probably *not* the smartest thing to do, however, my character(s) seem to have stayed logged into that/those servers for quite some time afterwards, at least 25 to 30 minets. I can't say it was any longer than that because the individual on the second computer was tired of waiting on me and exited the game, then began having the same issue as myself. (note: these are two totally separate accounts.) I also noticed that a previously posted EQCLIENT.INI file, although containing the same information as my own, was in a different order. Hmmm...
Now that I am thinking about it, long after I had ended the game and even rebooted the computer, my router was showing information being sent to both computers that had been on-line playing the game...after a reboot, like the server was still sending information to my computer long after I had closed/crashed the game. Router looks silent now, going to try again. Nope, same prob. Guess I'll start with the DX stuff and work my way through...

Oh, one other thing, the graphic settings like the high-end models had auto-changed to enable everything on it's own when I change servers....why????
Old 12-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Monza
Fire Beetle

Default It's a Mouse or Video prob..

Okay, whomever said that it was a MOUSE problem was getting close to what might be, perhaps, the real issue. I have DX 9.0c and everything checked out just fine. I switched into windowed mode and noticed, like they did, that when the mouse was left *outside* the box while logging in, it was fine, but, if the mouse cursor was inside the EQ box then it crashed. I also noticed That on the server screen, and this may be of some help, that once the scrolling text for the "expansions" started scrolling by, I could move the mouse freely without any further crashes, but, again, this is in WINDOWED mode. Keep in mind that this was working just peachy for a few days until I changed servers from one of the two "main" servers to one of those hosted by the masses, that's when things went screwy. I did finally get logged back into one of the main two EQ servers and logged back out of the game, changed back into full-screen mode, but again, it crashed, no mouse movement at all, but, because it was in full-screen mode, the mouse was "inside the box"....what choice does it have???? It's in full-screen mode. :P Going to reinstall from scratch and wipe the whole directory out before re-installing so no files linger. I'll post more later.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Did you try the mousefix program that MS had posted for this problem? I remember it was for people who couldn't play Everquest in full screen mode - you installed then, when you ran it, it showed a list of programs to where you could change to "old compaitbilty: mode.
The name is "windows application compatibility toolkit 2.6" - this fixed my mouse problem under windows, your problem sounds a lot like what I had.
I have the program, but since it belongs to MS, i don't want to get screwed by them, for posting it. You can probably find it at MS site.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Monza
Fire Beetle

Default Got MS program no help.

The MS compatability program looks very useful indeed. It does not have Everquest listed, though. I read up a bit on it and the SP2 installed on XP is supposed to fix the old mouse errors so I cannot use the program. Again, it was a happy thought and looks to be a useful program for many of my other applications and games I play so I at least appreciate being shown the software.
p.s.: the scorch and burn install did nothing for me.
The easiest way for me to play EQ right now is to start it in windowed mode, then change to full-screen after I log in. It's just strange that the one single point that it stalls/crashes is right there at the server select screen and as long as you hold the mouse still and don't move it until AFTER the list of expansions starts to scroll down at the bottom, it's fine. It's just tricky holding it that still in full-screen mode, even if I don't hold it and somthing bumps the computer desk and so much as gives the mouse one byte of input at that screen in that first second or two at the server select screen, it crashes. <*sigh*> Maybe I should try a different kind of mouse connection like USB and see if that changes things?
I thought about changing IRQ's around in the system, just havn't been to MS to find out how to manually configure them in XP...not sure you can.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Monza
Fire Beetle

Default FIXED, strange, but true

Be sure to lough loudly when you read this. I replaced my ps/2 mouse with my other computers wireless bluetooth mouse and things worked just fine, changed back to the ps/2 corded mouse and it works like nothing happened. Then I Plugged the bluetooth back into the machine it was on originally, and it now works fine too! That was it????? This problem will more than likely crop up again, at least I have a temporary fix.
Oh, I almost forgot, my sound card, video card and USB devives all share IRQ9. That probably doesn't help either and since XP is supposed to be able to use more than 15 interrupts I find it odd that it only goes to 15 on my machine and well into the 20's on another. Hmmmm....personal vs. professional maybe?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Monza
Fire Beetle

Default Okay, I *think* I finally got it fixed. (Mouse-Move Login Crash)

I had to change the video resolutions for full screen and windowed mode to match my desktop resolution and color depth (16-bit). Then set the file (EQCLIENT.INI) properties to "READ-ONLY" so it cannot be changed back to anything else. Now I can move my mouse around all I want during login and EQ doesn't crash.

[VideoMode]
Width=1024
Height=768
WidthWindowed=1024
HeightWindowed=768
WindowedWidth=1024
WindowedHeight=768
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=16
FullscreenRefreshRate=60

This has been working flawlessly for a week now so I thought that it was time to update my post. Keep in mind that while the file is locked in Read-Only mode you can still change settings in the game like resolution/color/text/etc. like normal, but you will loose it th next time you run the game. If you want or need to change anything, just undo the read-only attribute, run the game, change what you want, exit the game, *DOUBLE CHECK THE VIDEO SETTINGS* (especially the refresh rate as it tends to get set to zero.) and then set it for read-only again.
I hope this helps others out there.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 PM
icen64
Fire Beetle

I cant get mine to work either been messing around with updating drivers and mouses and .ini files but none of it seems to work, quite frustrating, ive uninstalled eq ti twice and nothing.
saaaaaaaaaaaad panda
Old 02-04-2007, 09:07 PM
zuperzip
Fire Beetle

If you haven't noticed already this eqgame.exe error is one hell of an error. I'm starting to wonder if black magic is involved. Many people have tried to get rid of it but I'm pretty sure only a few have. I'm also pretty sure for some people there's more than one cause for this error.

I posted earlier in this thread and said I'd post back what I found. First, changing the refresh from 0 to 60 in the eqclient.ini file didn't help me. What I post below comes from very many logins to EQEmu since I posted last.

I play EQEmu on two computers at the same time. Of about 12 accounts I often play 7 at a time, 4 windowed clients on the first and 3 windowed clients on the second. Normally the eqgame.exe error comes and goes. When it's 'active' it hits me hard keeping me from getting past the server select screen through many attempts, though using the quick connect button seems to help a little.

I have one account that _never_ has the eqgame.exe error it doesn't matter whether I use computer one or computer two. Another person no stranger to the eqgame.exe error and in another country also has access to this account. They _never_ have the eqgame.exe error logging in on this account.

Recently I spent 2 weeks 100 miles from home. I took my one computer box with me. I never experienced the eqgame.exe error while I was there. For me one or perhaps three days is a long time to go without seeing the error, never 2 weeks. During this time others online would mention how the error was keeping them from logging into PEQ so the error was still occuring, just not for me. The day after I returned home with my computer I began seeing the eqgame.exe error again.

There is also this link to a post on the PEQ forums where I describe the error in detail and another experience with it. http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1861

I'm going to go through the threads here on EQEmu tomorrow and try some of the fixes I haven't tried yet. I'll post again if a fix works for me or if I find anything new.