Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:15 AM
starblight
Sarnak

Default How to list server status on a private server

I have a private server running on windows. I am trying to figure out how to get a list of people currently logged into my server. I have looked on the forums and googled with no luck. The EOC tools have some ways that look like they are under development but are not done yet. Thanks in advance for you help.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:01 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

/who all

/10char

Old 09-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

There are many ways to do this.

One of which is to query the character table now that it doesn't have the blob stuck in it, it actually makes sense to query it live from an external source versus the time it would take the index when the blob was in existence.

Code:
SELECT id, name, FROM_UNIXTIME(last_login) FROM character_data WHERE (last_login > UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 600)
This essentially gets players that have been active within the last 10 minutes. This won't reflect the same as the server list per se (all of the time) but it is still just as accurate
Old 09-04-2015, 01:28 PM
starblight
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
/who all

/10char
What dose /10char do I tried it and got a error I never even thought about /who all working so used to the server being too full. thanks for these tips I will defiantly use them but I was looking for more in line what Akkadius posted so I can check without logging into a client.

Thank you Akkadius for following up with exactly what I was looking for.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Shendare
Dragon

As some sort of spam control, the boards won't let you submit a post with a length less than 10 characters, so if someone needs to make a tiny response post and they get the error message about it being too small, they often add '10char' in some way to get around the restriction without having anything additional they want to say.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:49 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
As some sort of spam control, the boards won't let you submit a post with a length less than 10 characters, so if someone needs to make a tiny response post and they get the error message about it being too small, they often add '10char' in some way to get around the restriction without having anything additional they want to say.
This.

10char
Old 09-13-2015, 05:49 PM
sculler
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblight View Post
What dose /10char do I tried it and got a error
I found it extremely amusing that you typed the command /10char in Everquest. Sounds like something I would do
Old 09-13-2015, 06:07 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
There are many ways to do this.

One of which is to query the character table now that it doesn't have the blob stuck in it, it actually makes sense to query it live from an external source versus the time it would take the index when the blob was in existence.

Code:
SELECT id, name, FROM_UNIXTIME(last_login) FROM character_data WHERE (last_login > UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 600)
This essentially gets players that have been active within the last 10 minutes. This won't reflect the same as the server list per se (all of the time) but it is still just as accurate
I like doing it this way better than the old way we had to
Old 09-13-2015, 07:07 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

I use the compiled web interface that is on port 9080 in the build I have.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:59 AM
starblight
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpyou127 View Post
I use the compiled web interface that is on port 9080 in the build I have.
This sounds interesting. Are you running a local server? can you tell me more info so I can setup my own?
Old 09-14-2015, 01:17 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

If your running a windows server you can install xampp to enable a simple web server. (This might not be needed). Make sure your firewall is allowing 9080 to the server both directions.

In your configuration file make sure it reads like this:

Quote:
<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. Defaults are shown -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
Make sure in your database that you have one user account in the "ACCOUNT" section, that has a password. This password must be "SHA". this is the account that logs into the web interface. It doesnt have to be any account that has characters associated with it.

Its been a while since I have set this up, so it may have been removed from the current compile. I actually hope it hasnt because I love being able to see who is on the server as well as which zones are booted, etc... There are many sections of the interface that actually do nothing, at least in the version I have. I was actually hoping that this could again be looked at as a great way to manage a server and interact with players without having to "login" with a client such as being able to CHAT or OOC.

Celestial - GM of Celestial Mansion v.1
Old 09-15-2015, 03:20 AM
starblight
Sarnak

So I was able to find how to enable it in the config file and it now gives me a login password window but the account I made dose not seem to be working. I made an account the same way I would for a user with the required password all caps. I then logged but did not make any characters. when that did not work I tried setting status for the account to 255 with no luck. Any suggestions?
Old 09-15-2015, 12:39 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Within the account section of the database:

1. Create a user named 'Admin'
2. Give it a status='255'
3. Add a password that is converted to MD5 for example:
a. Password is: password
b. md5 is: 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99
c. I use this online hash: www dot sha1-online dot com

Last edited by jpyou127; 09-15-2015 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: Changed SHA1 to MD5
Old 09-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Shendare
Dragon

If you've got heidisql (and probably navicat), you should even just be able to use:

UPDATE account SET password=SHA('yourPassword') WHERE id=yourAccountID
Old 09-15-2015, 12:57 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

The password I have is an MD5 based in the database section 'Account', I became confused as I thought it was SHA1. The section 'Account' in the database is where the internal web application he is wanting to enable pulls its login account info from.

I know the login server accounts in the database here 'tbloginserveraccounts' is SHA1.