Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:05 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Default Your playing with Bots ... techniques?

So there are a few threads out there about Bots and fixes needed. Certain commands not working, etc. Even a few folks changing the code to work better for them. I am not one of those talented enough to go that deep into code. I will wait for the Dev Gods to make things better.

...BUT...

I figure I could ask the community on their techniques on how they handle playing and using Bots as group buddies. I am curious as control over a whole adventure group of Bots using current commands that work. How to keep them from running up to your mob as you pull, or switching targets, ect.

Right now I have a macro that I use to keep the Bots from attacking as I pull...

^guard

And then have them attack when I need them too...

/target Qithalas (my character)
^follow ownergroup

Of course I have to then pick out my target (if I have multiple pulls) to get them to attack.

Any other techniques you folks developed with the current Bot build?

-War
Old 06-09-2019, 07:27 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Well, I finally decided to make an account in Discord. And there are a few ideas there on this topic. But My question above still stands for those not in discord (yet). The is the address to discord if anyone wants to check it out. Please forgive me if 1.) I am not allowed to paste an address here 2.) I suck at pasting addresses.

https://discordapp.com

-War
Old 06-09-2019, 09:11 PM
Uleat
Developer

(to be kurt..)

On pulling, I usually target myself or one of the bots to keep them from attacking.

This keeps them in range and I am free to maneuver to a 'clean' spot for the fight.

If you want to force to only fight one target and not change, there is the option of setting Group->MainAssist (on yourself or another player.)

This will keep the bots focused on whatever target the MA has.

Compilin' Dirty

Tags
bot, command, control, solo