Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default BST Tiger Pet Fix

Finally got the BST a real tiger pet, instead of that ridiculous, inanimate stuffed animal. Had to make a little adjustment in pet.cpp and throw in a global spawn script to help, because it was still spawning the regular (63) tiger race. The size increase was my own preference. (I hate poodles), lol
Code:
case VAHSHIR:
			npc_type->race = TIGER;
			npc_type->size *= 3.0f;
			npc_type->texture = 4;
			npc_type->gender = 2;
			break;
This was for the BLpet09. (Spirit of Sharik spell). New tiger (on right) is race 439 with texture of 4.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:10 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

What's the global script you added?
Old 05-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Actually I just logged in to make an edit, after trying something out in the code. Didn't know if it would work, but no need for the script now.
I changed npc_type->race = TIGER; to npc_type->race = 439; then recompiled. works great just like that.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:10 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

They work fine on PEQ ...
Old 05-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
They work fine on PEQ ...
Have no idea. I've been seeing that inanimate pet tiger for years on this project. (just slides along when it follows you). Source code and database are always kept current. Can I borrow the PEQ devs for a little attention on the "vanilla" version we get ? :P
Old 05-23-2019, 10:41 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Have no idea. I've been seeing that inanimate pet tiger for years on this project. (just slides along when it follows you). Source code and database are always kept current. Can I borrow the PEQ devs for a little attention on the "vanilla" version we get ? :P
You get the same PEQ does.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:33 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
You get the same PEQ does.
Ya, I know, sorry, I was being sarcastic. If that pet tiger is functioning properly on the PEQ, I would be totally stumped of the issue being specific to my end. That pic I posted is a screen shot from a fresh DB this last Monday.(from the daily dump). But in all the installs I have done over the years, all I have ever seen was that inanimate tiger pet until I altered that source. It would be nice to know if others are seeing have been seeing the same thing for just as long, or maybe something in my globalload ? I see that on all my client versions (TIT, UF, RoF2).
Maybe I'll log on to the PEQ in a day or so, and roll up a beastie and see if I get the same thing.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:00 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Ya, I know, sorry, I was being sarcastic. If that pet tiger is functioning properly on the PEQ, I would be totally stumped of the issue being specific to my end. That pic I posted is a screen shot from a fresh DB this last Monday.(from the daily dump). But in all the installs I have done over the years, all I have ever seen was that inanimate tiger pet until I altered that source. It would be nice to know if others are seeing have been seeing the same thing for just as long, or maybe something in my globalload ? I see that on all my client versions (TIT, UF, RoF2).
Maybe I'll log on to the PEQ in a day or so, and roll up a beastie and see if I get the same thing.
You probably deleted the model from globalload.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:53 PM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

Huppy, just a thought on this.
I have a bst on peq grand design and the tiger warder looks just fine. I use all old models except for vah shir, but kept pretty normal graphic settings.

I decided to make a stripped down version of the client (RoF2 btw) to use less resources for the "less important" group members, so turned all new models off and turned doown graphic settings both in game and wth the OptionEditor application in the Rof2 folder. I noticed i saw the "stuffed toy" on those characters. I fiddled a bit with the graphic/option settings on the stripped client a bit but couldn't get the tiger back. As my main is a bst i on't see it from the other accounts very often but often wondered what I did to turn it into a stuffed toy.

But with Rof2/PEQ grand creation the tiger works fine, with old models (except vah shir) and with horses and elementals off.

I can do some testing on my setup if it will help you any.

Andrew
Old 05-25-2019, 01:33 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
You probably deleted the model from globalload.
Yup, that was the problem demonstar, thanks. I'd been using a modded globalload for a long time, but I still have all my original clean backups and the 63 race tiger works like it should. Guess I got years of cleaning up to do on the my global file.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:13 AM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

I have no idea what globalload does - but glad you have it sorted out. Yet another thing for me to learn and watch out for.
Better get those re-coding fingers warmed up Huppy
Old 05-25-2019, 08:20 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFeet View Post
I have no idea what globalload does - but glad you have it sorted out. Yet another thing for me to learn and watch out for.
The globalload.txt file in your client resources folder. It loads characters on a global basis, rather than just being confined to one zone, when your client enters it. For example, If you tried to spawn a character from potimeb in the PoK, it would probably show up as a human, if there's no global entry for it in your client.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:08 AM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

Everytime I talk to you Huppy I learn so much. I haven't tried spawing in a mob except via the spawn2 DB - with all the other NPC definitions needed. I'm playing with spells and loot tables atm. I have some ideas I know I can do within the existing server-DB set-up, but not thought about changing any graphics. I would like to play with some instances in the future and I can see where this sort of info will be useful.
As always Huppy, you teach me one thing, and I realise there are 10 more things I don't yet understand.