Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 PM
horsechoker
Fire Beetle

Default EQClient.ini and fullscreen mode

I tried googling around a bit (as well as searching these forums) without much help regarding these two issues...

First issue - I can't seem to play in full screen mode. Whenever I full screen and click the spell bar my game reverts back to windowed mode.

This led me to try to edit the eqclient.ini file, which is my second issue.....problem is that file doesn't exist within my Everquest directory. I've got an eqlsclient.ini, but this file only contains a bunch of links.

Any idea on how to remediate these two issues?

I'm running win 7 64bit. I have an Nvidia GeForce GT 240M. My drivers are up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:15 PM
rcosner
Fire Beetle

Windows 7 sometimes puts variable files in a different folder, regardless of what the application normally does on XP. Do a search on your whole machine for that file name, it should show up in some out of the way application data folder. It also may be a hidden folder so make sure they are enabled. If you use a trader you will notice the bazaar log also can be in this other folder. I have 1 Windows 7 machine that does this, and one that doesn't. Not sure what setting it is, or if I even changed it. But there is how to possibly find it.

Even though I like Windows 7 better than Vista, I still don't particularly care for this behavior, it is very Vista-ish, by moving things and hiding them. Note I still run XP on 1/2 my machines.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:38 PM
syipher
Fire Beetle

If your spell bar is located near the location of where your windows task bar is then windows 7 could be confusing your click as clicking on the windows task bar instead.

This happens to me sometimes when I try to run VLC player in full screen mode and for some reason the windows taskbar just pops up out of no where.

I'm running win7 64, but I don't think it consistently had this behavior for the few minutes I've been playing.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:41 PM
syipher
Fire Beetle

Oh and on the welcome screen, try going into options. Once you finish setting up your options there, then it updated my eqclient.ini file. Maybe in your case it might just create it.

In either case, if no eqclient.ini file can be found, then you can just create one using notepad and just save the file extension as .ini.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
crikk23
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechoker View Post
I tried googling around a bit (as well as searching these forums) without much help regarding these two issues...

First issue - I can't seem to play in full screen mode. Whenever I full screen and click the spell bar my game reverts back to windowed mode.

ya having the same thing...making me made cant really play with this...have song bar in middle of screen and cant move it with out setting page down.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Here this is how you fix and solve that problem with getting error 00000000044 just remember how helped ya! 80)

Edit EQclient.ini Stroll down to the bottom and make sure FullscreenRefreshRate=0 is set to Zero then change screen size in EQ to the setting you want. Hope this helps everyone getting the Error Code 00000000044 this is how you fix that Error. After you change your settings go back and Edit EQclient.ini Stroll down to the bottom and make sure FullscreenRefreshRate=0 is set to Zero