Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Custom

Quests::Custom Custom Quests here

Old 04-15-2018, 06:37 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Default Quest to change player into a drakkin.

So I've been working on a quest that would permanently change humans into drakkin. The idea is the color of the dragon scale you bring the NPC, the color your character will become.
I was chugging along thinking it was gonna be super easy, but then I realized I had no idea how to set the player's drakkin heritage.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:48 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Keep in mind, unless you change it also, each class is locked to certain colors. My sk is atathus and I think black was the only other option if at all, while my dru and rgr are both blue and possibly my bard too. How it is in the db to determine the breath availability idk, but the color is in the appearance section.

And unless you wanna just make it a freebie aa like the did harmtouch and LoH to a certain point, you're gonna have to recreate the questions for the breath from the ground up as it seems almost all quests in TSS are missing.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:46 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

I disabled the Drakkin in character creation because I didn't originally plan for them to be on my server but I thought it'd be fun as a quest for end game content to allow them to switch over. I'm hoping that in the quest script there's a way to switch over the heritage that isn't class specific. Like just changing the value.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:39 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Question

I tried using "quest::playerfeature(drakkin_heritage, 1);" but it either doesn't work or it's temporary because once it disconnects me, my character's heritage is still white.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

I don't know the scripting side of this..

But, here are the functions for validating values: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...aces.cpp#L1645

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-20-2018, 03:54 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton634 View Post
I tried using "quest::playerfeature(drakkin_heritage, 1);" but it either doesn't work or it's temporary because once it disconnects me, my character's heritage is still white.
Maybe I'm wrong here, or just typically confused, as to what your intentions are ? but
if your goals are digging at the character models, you won't be able to change that
with any scripts or edits in the database. Those race models are built right into the
graphics of the game. For example, the color of the erudites, the color and tattoos
of the drakkins, etc.
But you can definately change the race, class, gender and the common features
with quest scripts. Some "permanent" changes will disconncect. Temporary ones will
be there, only until the character zones.
The graphics for those models are built into the client files. If one took the intiative to
learn all about graphic editing, software and creating your own models, there would
be possibilities.
Sorry if I misunderstood, but if I interpreted right, I hope this info helps. (anyone).
Old 04-21-2018, 02:08 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Drakkin deities are colors. Shown in hair options and tattoos. He wants to be able to set the deity in his quest as well as the race
Old 04-21-2018, 02:11 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton634 View Post
Try another class that can't be white, idk which you tried. Make an sk, run the script for atathus, reload and see if it repeats the white thing
Old 04-21-2018, 09:15 AM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

It's essentially a race change quest using "quest::permarace(522);" (race 522 = Drakkin).
"drakkin_heritage" is a value (1-6 depending on the color) stored in the character_data table.
What I'm basically trying to find out is how to change the "drakkin_heritage" value in the character_data table with a quest script.
So when the player returns a red dragon scale, it will change their "race" to 522 and their "drakkin_heritage" to 1 and so on.
Depending on the value of "drakkin_heritage" the client will load a certain texture color for the hair, tattoo and horns.
1-Red
2-black
3-blue
4-green
5-white
6-yellow
Old 04-21-2018, 03:35 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Ok, I see what you mean, sorry. I've never had an interest in the Drakkin model being on my server.
For me, it was like they took a good Die Hard movie and cast Sheldon Cooper as a costar, haha
Old 04-23-2018, 11:06 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Considering how many uber dragons there are in EQ, I can't see how the drakkin are the oddballs. Added later, yeah, but gotta have dragons before their blood can touch the humans blah blah.

Almost all my characters are drakkin. Most classes to choose from, and mostcustomizable least boxie look. Course, it doesn't hurt they have the least girly females that aren't furries or fugly lol. Out of curiosity, do you feel the same aboutzerkers, AS they too were added later?
Old 04-23-2018, 02:50 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

I'm not super crazy about the drakkin either. I don't care for their armor textures.
But I feel like we're getting a little off topic here. I still haven't been able to figure out how to change the drakkin PC's heritage using a script and I doubt I'll be the last person to scratch their heads over this.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Uleat
Developer

OP, do you have bots enabled on your server?

Compilin' Dirty