Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
uwill
Sarnak

Default Disabling defiant armor drops.

I searched the forums and it talked about editing lootdrop_entries to disable them, so I searched for defiant gear, found them in items@peq listed at 50005-50631. So I searched lootdrop_entries for 50005 and it's about a page long, I didn't know if this is the way to do it, or if there is a better way for disabling defiant gear from dropping. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:51 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwill View Post
I searched the forums and it talked about editing lootdrop_entries to disable them, so I searched for defiant gear, found them in items@peq listed at 50005-50631. So I searched lootdrop_entries for 50005 and it's about a page long, I didn't know if this is the way to do it, or if there is a better way for disabling defiant gear from dropping. Thanks.
SELECT le.* FROM items i
INNER JOIN lootdrop_entries le ON i.id = le.item_id
WHERE i.name like "Crude defiant%"

Change the WHERE clause to find the other types and just remove the rows all at once
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 10-31-2014, 05:35 PM
uwill
Sarnak

Thanks again devn00b!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:02 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

I've found a crap ton (slightly larger than a metric ton) of posts about defiant armor removal, and adding it, but does anyone know a quick and dirty way to raise the probability of the defiant drops? With bots and fast leveling, I would like to let players have more defiant armor to start with, but I don't want to hand it to them with a quest script or put it on a vendor. I would like it to be like a 10 percent chance.

Sorry for the necro.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

I found it by doing a search for "lootdrop" The thread starter misspelled increase and spelled it incream LOL. Anyhow, here's the query I found. I ran it on a test database on localhost and it returned with 32K hits or something like that. When I compare the entries with the server database that's up and running, the numbers are more, but I wanted to get a few sets of eyes on this since it's from an old post. What do you think of this to increase defiant chance of drop?

I don't understand what most of this is doing with ld at the end, and INNER JOIN I'm gonna have to look up. I'm super interested in what this is doing when it runs.

Code:
UPDATE lootdrop_entries ld  
INNER JOIN items i ON i.id=ld.item_id 
INNER JOIN loottable_entries lt ON ld.lootdrop_id=lt.lootdrop_id 
SET ld.chance = ld.chance * 4
WHERE i.Name like '%defiant%' and ld.chance > 0 and ld.chance < 25;
Old 08-20-2017, 08:25 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

I've never tried this, (I've done my "cleanups" manually), but it's something that was posted last year.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40357

http://xackery.github.io/eqcleanup/