Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 09-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Flare83
Sarnak

i created a new level 1 paladin and started leveling today, and i'm hitting things for 250+. Did i merge something wrong or can someone else confirm this?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Flare83
Sarnak

after more testing my paladin using a 1hs damage 4 delay 29 hit for 250+ until level 23 then started hitting for 10-20 (seems more normal) 2hs damage seemed fine tho.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Flare83
Sarnak

i just readded the level check (think you forgot to put it back in after some editing) and eveything works fine again

Code:
if( GetLevel() < 28 || !IsWarriorClass() )
	{
		// Either the PC's level is less than 28 (damage bonuses do not begin to apply until level 28),
		// or the PC is not a melee class (only melee classes receive a damage bonus).

return 0;
	}
Old 09-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Cantus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare83 View Post
i just readded the level check (think you forgot to put it back in after some editing) and eveything works fine again
Hi, Flare!

Please check step #4 in the instructions on how to build these new Damage Bonus changes. The level check is still in there; I just moved it outside of the Damage Bonus function itself (after all, why bother with function calling overhead if you aren't high enough level to receive a damage bonus?)

Here are the relevant lines:

Code:
if( Hand == 13 && GetLevel() >= 28 && IsWarriorClass() )
{
	// Damage bonuses apply only to hits from the main hand (Hand == 13) by characters level 28 and above
	// who belong to a melee class. If we're here, then all of these conditions apply.

int8 ucDamageBonus = GetWeaponDamageBonus( weapon ? weapon->GetItem() : (const Item_Struct*) NULL );

min_hit += (int) ucDamageBonus;
	max_hit += (int) ucDamageBonus;
}
Sounds like perhaps you overlooked this when building the changes. No worries!

Take care!