Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldarr View Post
I demand rights to flame any server that uses crushbone orc model! Obviously since I use the model, anyone who makes another server where the orcs are attackable is personally attacking me.... /rolls eyes

The amount of childness in this thread from a certain individual (not Akka) is astounding.

-Vaion
I want to claim the rights to all the Gnoll models while they still available

This whole thing starts to looks like another King Mort venue...
Old 09-03-2013, 12:14 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

Makes me quite sad to see this.. /cleanup
Old 09-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Wow....

I thought I was bad.

P.S

Lillu, welcome to EQEmu forums, it's been a while.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Love you Maze! <3 Are we going to fudge around on your server and get some stuff done?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Love you Maze! <3 Are we going to fudge around on your server and get some stuff done?
You wanna do what to my fudge?

Anyway, I've already started on it, I just hate worldspawning.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I tried to log in and my character was deleted, was that accidental? And nothing, didn't want to say the 'F' word, you know?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

No I switch databases often because I like to make sure nothing breaks.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Okay, I'll be on later.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:24 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
I admit I was an asshole to Akkadius. I live up to it. Did I mean it though or want to cause him any grief?

Stress can make you behave erratically sometimes, but I don't believe Akkadius deserved any of this from the sounds of it. You honestly opened up a can of worms by letting it get to you in the first place regardless of Akkadius did something to directly try to irritate you by admitting it.

People are far more inclined and likely to lightly jokingly or harshly intentionally spitefully mock your server and forum name now than they were before. You unintentionally invited unwanted attention upon yourself. It's kind of sad, but it's the truth you shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Word of advice don't burning bridges you might need cross in the future or you might just be making things harder on yourself and be in for a rude awakening and everything that glistens is not gold. I don't think you need to give up on your server, but you probably want to re-access your approach to it if there is too much unwarranted stress right now to deal with surrounding and tied to it all.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowom View Post

Stress can make you behave erratically sometimes, but I don't believe Akkadius deserved any of this from the sounds of it. You honestly opened up a can of worms by letting it get to you in the first place regardless of Akkadius did something to directly try to irritate you by admitting it.

People are far more inclined and likely to lightly jokingly or harshly intentionally spitefully mock your server and forum name now than they were before. You unintentionally invited unwanted attention upon yourself. It's kind of sad, but it's the truth you shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Word of advice don't burning bridges you might need cross in the future or you might just be making things harder on yourself and be in for a rude awakening and everything that glistens is not gold. I don't think you need to give up on your server, but you probably want to re-access your approach to it if there is too much unwarranted stress right now to deal with surrounding and tied to it all.

He absolutely DID NOT deserve that. I've already apologized for everything that happened to him over personal text, these forums and everything else. I made a mistake. There is nothing else I can do but just hope people can understand that and move on. I am not a villain or bad-guy. I was just irrational from an ass-load of stress and took it out on Akkadius unfairly because of his success. I let my ego get the best of me and lost all sense of the word "Humble". I've learned to just accept things and to stop with the bullshit rising to the top and trying to be the best.

It's all about who can be the most humble wins in this world not who has the most players or who can be the biggest douchebag (which I was in this case).. I wish I could do even half of what he can. He's a marvel of emu. I should of just looked up to him instead of get down on him. He has helped me more than you can imagine and is a wonderful human being.

With that said, can we please get this mess cleaned up so people don't have to see 5 posts of Varlyndria? I want to see other servers in those threads. Not mine.. I have a lot of work to do on mine and I need to shape it up but that also requires players still having some kind of faith in me. I don't even want to post on here anymore until I know for sure it's going to be a humble one that has a big update with well thought-out changes, and even then, I will hardly post in that thread. I'm done with the lime-light stuff. I don't want to be there anymore but I want players to know the server exists and I am trying hard to keep it alive.

I'm sorry once again for everything.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Xiggie3
Fire Beetle

I am glad Drak can't delete stuff like this on these forums like he deletes stuff on his forums every time someone says something he doesn't like. Every time he comes up with a whacked out idea and posts some crazy stuff on his forums he deletes it after he realizes what a whacked out idea it was. That's after he roasts you for pointing out it was a bad idea even if you do it politically and nice. Like the time the server had been down for a couple of months and he starts begging for money because he couldn't pay his bills out of the donations anymore. What was it you were charging the server per month for office rent? $600? That's on top of charging the server for your ISP bill and your hosting bill. I'd post a link to it but you deleted that thread. In that thread you challenged anyone to go and make a server and dev it and work a full time job. You said it couldn't be done, and that is how you justified making your living off server donations. I've been playing emu since before they figured out how to get agro to work. You're the only person I have ever seen go as far as you have with making an eqemu server their primary source of income. I could name off tons of people who fully developed their own servers with less help than what you have received while working a full time job, and some of them more than one job.

I realize my post can be seen as a bit trollish and definitely out of place being here instead of on the servers forums but some of this stuff needed to be said, and said in a place where Drak can not censor or delete it. People have donated their own money only for you to take your server down for months. And how many drastic changes have you made to your server? People didn't donate to have the rug pulled out from under them and to have their characters completely redefined and in some cases rendered completely useless. Especially when you further limited the IP. Not because of a bandwidth issue, but in a bid to control how people play your server. I tried to tell you how that was going to work out for you and you roasted me for it. Again I would post a link but you deleted the thread.

You asked on your forum, (again another thread that was deleted) why people were not playing on your server. It's not so much the content, some of your content is frikken genius. You're inconsistent, you moderate your forums more strongly than the Chinese government, you make drastic changes to content, you come off as extremely money hungry because you never miss an opportunity to encourage donations, and when you ask for feedback if you don't like a response you launch into the person about how wrong they are. Basically, what is wrong with your server is you. It's really sad too because you have some brilliant ideas and are very talented. If a server had you as lead dev but someone else who was making the decisions it would go far.