Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Thorpa
Fire Beetle

This is an excellent idea!

I wish there was an avenue like this that we as players could fund a server long after the original devs were able to invest their time. If someone had put up a gofundme for Kildrukans Prophecy serve I would have whipped out the credit card and paid whatever Ransome they asked.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:38 PM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Hehe, well the idea behind this isn't for SERVER operator / developers this is for the Eqemu developers, the guys and gals who create the binaries and maintain the website etc. So far we have raised $1,093 for them but most of those pledges have come from players on Raid Addicts. At any rate hopefully these funds go toward improvements and advancements for all servers in the community.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:02 AM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Ok folks, kind of bumping this one because I would like to continue to raise funds for the developers! I have recently added several dollars of my own to this pot and would like to continue to have folks in the community who aren't Raid Addicts members contribute if possible.

Very Happy to be a part of this community

Morty
Old 07-17-2017, 04:59 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Just as the Welcome message states, many developers putting their great skills into providing the code/resources
for these servers to be created, giving opportunity for many players to have some "non-commercialized" fun.
One can freely assume the developers are NOT doing all this because they think they owe anyone anything.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
Just as the Welcome message states, many developers putting their great skills into providing the code/resources
for these servers to be created, giving opportunity for many players to have some "non-commercialized" fun.
One can freely assume the developers are NOT doing all this because they think they owe anyone anything.
Not really sure where you are going here, but if this was just a thank you post, would you be saying the same thing? "We don't need to thank the devs, they do this for free and spend their time and resources, why should I give up any of mine"? If KingMort wants to do something that appreciates active developers then power to him, you can support him or not.

In my personal opinion and it was mentioned before this creating an incentive could be good for bounty based projects. There are some things in eqemu people just DO NOT WANT to work on.. incentives could change that.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:02 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
Not really sure where you are going here, but if this was just a thank you post, would you be saying the same thing? "We don't need to thank the devs, they do this for free and spend their time and resources, why should I give up any of mine"? If KingMort wants to do something that appreciates active developers then power to him, you can support him or not.
I am so sorry for the way this may of been interpreted, but please, no, this really was to help support Mort's post.
It was not a "thank you" post, just simply to support the fact that the eqemu devs do put a lot into this project.
Some people may not understand that.