Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:36 AM
CodeMephit
Fire Beetle

Default Loginserver Crypto for Raspberry Pi (ARM)

I know the Raspberry Pi is by no means a powerhouse. I have been handed down three of the Raspberry Pi 3 boards. Each one exceeds the system requirements for a server that I have been able to find in these forums, so while not perfect, I think they will suffice.

As a learning experience and also as a project that I would very much like to see work, I am hoping to use all three of them together: one as the loginserver and the other two being zone servers (each hosting about half the zones).

The main stumbling block is the loginserver crypto for an ARM device. I know the code has been kept back by a handful of people to protect its integrity. I am asking, then, is there anything that I can do (i.e. provide to you guys) that would entice you to compile the crypto for the ARM architecture?

I have both Raspberry Pi 2b and Raspberry Pi 3b boards available. They are currently set up as building environments and have ssh capabilities. I would happily give access to one (or more) of you to log in, compile, and then delete what you need (or want) to when you are done, leaving the community with the compiled crypto that could be used to run the loginserver on a Pi.

Thank you in advance!
-CodeMephit
Old 12-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Letting someone set up a black box to route all your usernames and passwords through doesn't sound like the most secure plan...

Is the crypto even a secret really at this point? There are at least a few open examples of equivalent code out there...
Old 12-12-2016, 01:33 PM
CodeMephit
Fire Beetle

The offer to allow SSH into the systems was meant only for them to compile the libraries. Once that was done and the resulting file(s) were posted to github, the systems would be re-purposed to use as the eqemu servers. In other words, just a temporary setup.

If they were going to be production systems, then I would agree with you that it would not be a sound idea. However, these are nothing more than freshly burned images with a building environment installed.

Also, I could not really think of another way (short of physically sending a Pi through the mail to one of them) that they could have a turn-key build environment ready to go. I am open to suggestions though.

-CodeMephit

P.S. Just in case I was unclear in my original post, I want the resulting system to be a private login server, not public. It will be for my family to use.
The offer to create an account was not an offer to create a player account on the resulting EQ server, it was an offer to make a system account that could be used to SSH into the Pi and then compile the crypto libraries.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:50 AM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

For the time being... I wrote my own implementation, compiled and tested on an rpi 3b: libeqemucrypto.so (armv7l).

I used libcrypto from openssl where the official version uses cryptopp, so you'll need to make sure you have openssl on your pi (sudo apt get libssl? can never remember package names...) and if you're using cmake you'll want to put the lib in the specified EQEMU_UNIX_ENC_LIBRARY_LOC directory and change the CMakeLists.txt under $SOURCEDIR/loginserver:

Code:
63,64c63,64
< 	TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(loginserver "EQEmuAuthCrypto")
< 	TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(loginserver "cryptopp")
---
> 	TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(loginserver "eqemucrypto")
> 	TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(loginserver "crypto")
Old 08-03-2017, 01:15 AM
jia_jacky
Sarnak

Hi Zaela_S, I really like your idea about running the emulator on a Raspberry Pi. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 model B that has 1G RAM. I think it will be suitable to run the EQEmu. The issue is the EQEmuAuthCrypto. I have read your posts abou 'Loginserver Crypto for Raspberry Pi (ARM)', but the libeqemucrypto.so (armv7l) url was not available. Could you please tell me how to complie the libeqemucrypto.so on a Raspberry Pi?
Old 08-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

New link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7avkmg98n...crypto.so?dl=0

Dropbox killed everyone's pre-existing public links a few months ago for whatever reason...
Old 08-06-2017, 11:20 AM
jia_jacky
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela_S View Post
New link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7avkmg98n...crypto.so?dl=0

Dropbox killed everyone's pre-existing public links a few months ago for whatever reason...
Thank you for your kind help, and I have downloaded the file.