Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Default Redemption - Inquire within.

Hey everyone. I would like to introduce a new-ish server with a semi-new idea. - Anyone who played on this server message me and I'll give you a rejuv potion that restores 10% of all HP/Mana/Endurance due to the char wipe we experienced.

Will note: THERE WILL BE NO CHARACTER WIPES AS I CONTINUE TO BUILD THE SERVER.

If you don't care to read any of this wall of text, join our discord and ask questions there. I'll be happy to answer ANY questions you have.

https://discord.gg/XH8pG5P

Redemption; Completely custom server.

Features;

Artifacts - No longer will you have to worry about 'is this weapon really better then what I have...' you have weapons that you obtain at level 1 that you will use through max level and raid content, there are stones that will increase the power of your artifact. But don't worry you can obtain ornaments so you don't have to have the SAME weapon graphic as everyone else. There are also different stones you can get that *can* give you an advantage, proc effects, regeneration effects, etc.

Three different progression types - You can solo all content (will take longer), or you can group content (will still take some effort, but can be done) or you can raid all content, that being said, raid content isn't *quicker* then the others, as the mobs are harder.

Loot by scripts - No loottables through the database everything is added via scripts, makes for easier drop chances and quicker on-the-fly changes.

Custom spells that scale with stats.

TWO BOX LIMIT (If you live in a house with other people who want to play, just ask we'll give you an exemption, however if you are caught ABUSING it and boxing their chars, you will be banned.)

NO MQ2 WARP, AFK FARMING OR ANYTHING GAME BREAKING! You can use MQ2 for Map, even melee I'm fine with that.

Custom Classes with custom sub-classes, example;
  • Warlord (Warrior) has two sub-classes;
  • Defender - A Tank, they utilize abilities to maintain threat, block damage taken, reduce damage taken, etc. You know, tank stuff. They use a sword and shield to really solidify the *tank* aspect.
  • Vanquisher; A Melee dps, they utilize abilities to slow their attackers attack speed, weaken their opponents, stun, etc. They use two swords starting from level 1.

Currently we have 7 main classes with 16 sub classes. More classes will be released with content release, or other methods (world bosses maybe? quests maybe? Who knows!)

This server was live about a year ago and had a very positive feedback, however there were a few game breaking things that had to be addressed, after months of debugging they were fixed.

QoL things;
You don't have 9 million spells most being useless. All sub-classes have set spells/abilities to take out the confusion. They all do something useful.
You can solo, group and raid content.
Scaling spells.
Active support.
Potions that restore percents of HP/Mana/Endurance... for a cost.

Some examples of healers;

Spirit Mender (Healer) has an ability; Spirit Mend. It is a TARGETED HEAL OVER TIME, what this means is that you cast Spirit Mend on yourself (so you can monitor the time, which is 30 minutes) and target the person you want to heal and it will heal them. There is a catch to this, as you may have expected, if you target NPC's it heals them too, this IS intended because of the sheer power of this targeted heal over time spell.

While;

Redeemer (Healer) focus their heals on single targets and are by far the most powerful single target healers on the server.

You may be thinking; 'Then why go anything but a Redeemer?' Well, some fights mobs do AoE that is required to keep your group up, so that's where the Holy Templar comes in, with their unprecedented group healing they have, they'd be perfect for those fights!

There's much, much more to discuss, please feel free to hop in Discord and I will talk it over with you!

Join our discord; https://discord.gg/XH8pG5P for updates, to get answers to any questions you may have, to obtain our files, to see our changelog and to see when the server is going live!

We look forward to seeing you in game and in discord!
Old 10-13-2019, 07:57 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Server has been unlocked. Come have some fun. -- YOU WILL NEED SERVER FILES OBTAINABLE FROM MY DISCORD
Old 10-24-2019, 01:01 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

The server is not dead - as I posted on my discord;

"Yeah
We were trying to get LUA to work
We got it to work
Now Perl is broken
@everyone - while fixing DoTs (Which are fixed btw, thanks @Vixenary ) we might have broke literally everything else... It's not like broken to the point of no fix, we could literally revert the binaries and get everything working again no problem but we want to isolate this problem. Vix is going to look at the binaries and see if Perl can be fixed. So until then server will be down as to not confuse people of it's status. -- THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE SERVER IS DONE WE ARE GOING TO GET IT FIXED BY EITHER REVERTING BINARIES OR FIXING CURRENT BINARIES, Vix is free around 1700PST, so looking at around 1800 before it's back up.
So tomorrow it should up and running correctly, and if it's the reverting binaries option then oh well DoT's will be reverted to SPELLS not SCRIPTS...
Which we are prepared for anyway, don't worry that won't take but 10 minutes to get them to regular spells."

DoT's have been plaguing the server with constant zone shut downs, it was fixed for a while, but it broke again... So -shrug- we'll figure it out.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Server has been moved to a dedicated host. No going down anytime soon. Come join the fun, Beta will begin here very soon. Levels 1 - 30 are avail right now, takes a bit to get to 30. Zones 1 and 2 are out. Any questions come in discord and ask! We'll answer!

And remember, THERE WILL BE NO CHARACTER WIPES AT ALL!
Old 12-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Slapit255
Fire Beetle

I have to post and give props for this one. This server is REALLY good! Thanks for putting in the work!
Old 12-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapit255 View Post
I have to post and give props for this one. This server is REALLY good! Thanks for putting in the work!
Thanks mate!

On that note it's just Redemption now, no beta or alpha tag. =)
Old 02-24-2020, 07:17 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Server is still up, development stopped for quite a bit, Dec 28th I ended up in the hospital, couple days later, gallbladder burst and no one figured it out, so they let me go, two weeks after I was hospitalized again, because hey a ruptured gallbladder is REALLY bad, who'da thunk it...

Anyway, I get the tube and gallbladder removed on the 12th, and home by the 15th. (Of March), I'll be back to developing around then. Apologies for total radio silence, I've been bed ridden.

Cheers!
Old 02-26-2020, 05:50 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Good luck.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:47 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

~~~New Patch~~~
~~Obtain New Spell Files in Discord~~

~ Server was on a lull for a bit, between sickness, and other things that happened in real life it put me in a bit of a slump... But! A new patch as dropped on the server, come join the fun!

+ Dulak now drops Stones 4 and Stones 5 in preperation for release of Plane of Innovation, find them in Dulak.

+ If you've collected all of your Artifact Stones you may give your Artifact, with all the stones in it to your class trainer in Freeportcityhall (they check) and receive your Artifact (Rank 1) - If something happens I can fact check if you had your full artifact, etc. But please, don't try to cheese it. They give you a message stating; '{YOURARTIFACT} is shimmering, bring it here, let me see it.' IF YOU DO NOT SEE THIS THEN YOU CANNOT GET YOUR RANK 1 ARTIFACT!

--++ WE ARE LOOKING INTO HEALERS, HOW MUCH THEY HEAL, THE COSTS, EFFECTS, ETC, EXPECT SOME KIND OF CHANGES.--++

So much more to be seen...

Discord link; https://discord.gg/zrFbfY7
Old 05-23-2020, 08:16 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Oh and another little fun thing, all mobs now drop money, so you can actually get your bad ass potions, come join the fun! Tier 1 is going to be dropped super quick. All mobs placed, just have to balance a bit more. =)