Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Within99
Fire Beetle

Default response

Well i only quit for about 6 months or so, and I know it would seem ppl would want to hack or whatever, but you could just send a temp. new PW to our emails i mean.. only we could enter anyway, it be just like the forum PW recovery. Ive been asking for a week now for LS server recovery, I know a Week doesn't seem long, but its still a bum to know you have a good character floating out their when you wanna play and help your friends out who just got into it. I know theirs a way and we all trust our admins. I would love for this to be fixed within the week or a few days!!! I have a mage that i wanna PLAY!!! along with a few other characters.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:43 AM
blackmist03
Fire Beetle

Default useless account

so...there is no way to delete an account?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:34 PM
bluejam
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmist03 View Post
so...there is no way to delete an account?
Came here to ask this question. Please implement this. =*(

I have a sub-account from 2004 that was either compromised or I used a totally different password from my usual ones.

edit: I shouldn't have any characters on that account anyway because the only server I recall playing on 7 years do not exist anymore. Something with an "S" I think which was pwned by SoE due to "donations" or so (believe SoD is the successor) and a Velious only server that was reset every couple of weeks because of cheating faggots.
So since there's no public way to do this, the "safest" bet would be to PM Rogean on these boards and pray to the gods that he has time to check that andsee if he can make an exception? He could blindly delete that account cus if I ever had anything "important" on there, it's been long gone.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:34 AM
trevius
Developer

Just register a new account. It isn't that hard. The chance of Rogean deleting an old account he has no way to verify you are the owner on, for something that has 0 affect on you is literally 0%.

Even if a LS account was deleted and you created a new one, it would have a new Login Server ID (number), which would cause you to fail to connect to any server anyway as far as I know.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
bluejam
Hill Giant

Thumbs up

Oh well, just kinda annoying to have a slot I can't use. Also a hassle to set up a new email just to create another Emu account. :P
Thanks for the swift reply tho.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM
apple120223
Fire Beetle

So I don't have a login server lost password, it's just the password to the actual eqemulator.org website. Can anyone help me at least get the email that I used for it?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 PM
PhantomRogue
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple120223 View Post
So I don't have a login server lost password, it's just the password to the actual eqemulator.org website. Can anyone help me at least get the email that I used for it?
Nope. Far as I know, and have read, there is no way to get that account reset, other than finding Rogean and having him do it.

Would love to see in addition to the change LS Password, a forgot one, where you enter in the email used for the Forum account registration. Then fire off an email to that account (if it matches the original Registration one in the Site/Forum DB) with some random ID which would expire within 5 minutes.

Then they would go to 'change' LS Password, enter in that ID, the Sites Password and the new LS Password.

Gives you 2 steps of validation. 1 being knowing the email, and the other proving they still have access to that Email account. 2. they know the emu site's login information.

Now if you don't have access to that email account, then there is nothing that can be done. But it would pretty much solve 99% of the people who ask for LS resets (myself included).

I mean, in theory, if you assume the emu login isn't compromised, you can just add a captcha (free) to the 'forgot' screen, and have them enter the sites current password (instead of the current account password), and new one for the LS account.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 PM
apple120223
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRogue View Post
Nope. Far as I know, and have read, there is no way to get that account reset, other than finding Rogean and having him do it.

Would love to see in addition to the change LS Password, a forgot one, where you enter in the email used for the Forum account registration. Then fire off an email to that account (if it matches the original Registration one in the Site/Forum DB) with some random ID which would expire within 5 minutes.

Then they would go to 'change' LS Password, enter in that ID, the Sites Password and the new LS Password.

Gives you 2 steps of validation. 1 being knowing the email, and the other proving they still have access to that Email account. 2. they know the emu site's login information.

Now if you don't have access to that email account, then there is nothing that can be done. But it would pretty much solve 99% of the people who ask for LS resets (myself included).

I mean, in theory, if you assume the emu login isn't compromised, you can just add a captcha (free) to the 'forgot' screen, and have them enter the sites current password (instead of the current account password), and new one for the LS account.
Yeah I've contacted Rogean but it seems more and more often he tends to only login to the site every fortnight. Heck, I've been asking for just the email i used on the account. If I remembered which email i used i could just reset the forum account password through the email. I noticed that one of the admins on page 1 I believe have given part of some guy's email addy. I figured he could do the same for me. I mean, I know all the login server info, but i think more and more that I may have accidentally reset the forum account PW along the way and never kept track of it
Old 05-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Nasaan
Fire Beetle

The problem I have, is 1 of my 3 slots on this forum account is to an account I have no F*ing idea what I set the password to. I've not been able to access it in over a year or more.. I really dont care what character I created on it. I'd rather just be able to delete the LS server account deleted so I can reuse the slot.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:04 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasaan View Post
The problem I have, is 1 of my 3 slots on this forum account is to an account I have no F*ing idea what I set the password to. I've not been able to access it in over a year or more.. I really dont care what character I created on it. I'd rather just be able to delete the LS server account deleted so I can reuse the slot.
Just register another forum account and you will have 3 new LS account slots available :P
Old 05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
apple120223
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Just register another forum account and you will have 3 new LS account slots available :P
Trevius, I noticed that you were able to find out the email address for one of this guy's accounts http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...eqemu+password I was curious if you could do the same for the account romdo? It's all I need if you could please.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:46 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple120223 View Post
Trevius, I noticed that you were able to find out the email address for one of this guy's accounts http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...eqemu+password I was curious if you could do the same for the account romdo? It's all I need if you could please.
I won't give out the full email address, but it ended with "pntr78@gmail.com" if that helps.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM
romdo
Fire Beetle

Quote:
I won't give out the full email address, but it ended with "pntr78@gmail.com" if that helps.
woot! thanks for ending a nightmare trevius!!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Teekanc
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Can I have the same regards for account "teekanc"?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:30 PM
crzyjoe83
Fire Beetle

Can i also get the email address for the account rexican? Been trying to change my info and can't since i don't know what my forum account is.