Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:45 AM
cloudchaser001
Fire Beetle

Default Healer merc useless

Hi everyone,

right now, the healer merc is quite useless, since he starts healing whenever a char is injured, even if that char is only missing ONE health! this means, in combat situations he is spamming his healing until he runs OOM, which happens fairly soon after combat started.

The solution to this is quite simple: let him start healing when someone is missing about 80% (Suggestion) of the health he would heal with his heal spell.

greets

cloud
Old 12-27-2013, 04:33 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

In other words they work just like live.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Tyen05
Discordant

Not a bad idea to improve mechanics imo
Old 12-28-2013, 05:40 AM
cloudchaser001
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
In other words they work just like live.
no, you are wrong. on the live Servers they DO heal intelligently.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:19 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

In my experience they heal as soon as you are missing 1 hp. I'm sure there are differences between live and emu, but the "ZOMG he's missing a hit point!" freakout sure sounds familiar.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:37 PM
cloudchaser001
Fire Beetle

Quote:
In my experience they heal as soon as you are missing 1 hp. I'm sure there are differences between live and emu, but the "ZOMG he's missing a hit point!" freakout sure sounds familiar.
no, it just is not like on live, it doesnt even come close. I played for 3 hours now on live and in a full group the cleric merc was the only healer and he didnt went OOM ONCE. We pulled at a good pace and the Mobs we pulled were dark blue to the tank. We didnt overpulled though. On the Emu Server, that would certainly not be possible at all.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Taryth
Fire Beetle

Quote:
That's absolutely not true. There are different modes that mercs can be set to. In my experience, if a healer merc is set to "Efficient", or even "Balanced", they wont be wasting mana on 1-hp heals. They cast HoTs, and then, once you start getting lower, they begin casting instant heals.

I don't believe they CH, or at least they didn't the last time I played, but they're not terrible healers. I solo'd (occasional groups here and there) my Mage to 78 with my trusty Cleric merc, and it rarely went OOM.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:39 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

They ch on live. Most people just add it to buff block so they won't cast it though.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:24 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Then use the BOT version. Much better.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:09 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Bots are more of a hassle to use though, so I understand why some people would want to stick with mercs.