Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:01 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

To make stuff less mystical, zone-dynamic_##.log are from each dynamic zone (sounds like you have about 20 of them, you can change this in the DB, testing wise you won't need more than 5, actually server you might need more)

The rest of the numbers are PIDs

eqemu_<executable>_<PID>.log are the logs for that executable (zone, world, ucs, etc)

eqemu_quest_zone_<PID>.log is for that zone's quests

eqemu_debug_zone_<PID>.log are just debug statements, this is mostly to help you debug whats going on.

eqemu_error_<executable>_<PID>.log is error messages from the executable, these can sometimes be fatal or not.

crash_ etc is from a crash.

So I guess look at the crash and error files to see whats going on, you might need to reference one of the other logs to get the full picture.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Havok2all
Sarnak

Ok, so I went through all of the files and it appears many of them are just detailing in the logs what is occuring during start up, and are not really errors. I guess I made too much of an assumption in reading the walkthrough that it was logging only errors. My mistake.

I did find a couple of the logs stating:

Could not load EQTime file eqtime.cfg

These are found in the eqemu_error_world logs. Any idea what is causing this?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:12 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

You need to move the eqtime.cfg form the DB archive into the root server folder.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Havok2all
Sarnak

Ok, thanks demonstar55, that corrected that error, but I am still getting the same end result. When I do the start.bat, the 4th window just states 0:sleeping and nothing happens. All the other windows state:

Using database 'peq' at 127.0.0.1:3306

0:sleeping window is all blank.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:43 PM
joligario
Developer

What are you expecting to see that you aren't?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Havok2all
Sarnak

According to the walkthrough, I should see 4 windows after clicking start.bat:

C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\world.exe
C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\eqlaunch.exe
C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\queryserv.exe
C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\ucs.exe

I have all of them except C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\eqlaunch.exe. Instead the 4th window says 0: sleeping. I guess i am expecting to see the fourth window say C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\eqlaunch.exe?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

'0: sleeping' is eqlaunch. It 'silently' starts/stops zone processes based on settings.

Have you tried to actually log in yet?

It's not uncommon to see 'errors' in the logs due to the way messages are generated and the level of client version support.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Havok2all
Sarnak

I'm sorry Uleat, I stepped away a bit. First time I started the server I didn't see my server, but tried again and it was there. Think I just missed it the first time I looked. Then I created a character and started trying things and forgot to come back and update.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me get this working. You guys rock!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Havok2all
Sarnak

Ok, so I got my server working and so far everything seems to be working ok.

I wanted to get bots working on my server. I have attempted to use the walkthrough from here http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37295 , but it is not working for me.

When I attempt to use the commands in Mysql like:

UPDATE `npc_types` SET `class` = 71 WHERE `lastname` LIKE '%Mercenary Liaison%';

DELETE FROM `rule_values` WHERE `rule_name` LIKE '%bot%';

UPDATE `rule_values` SET `rule_value` = 'true' WHERE `rule_name` = 'Mercs:AllowMercs';

Mysql tells me unknown column in where clause for bots and mercs. I am not really concerned about mercs, but would like to get bots working. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Probably a silly question, but did you remember to set your database before you ran the query? (IE: use peq; )

If it's still not working, you can use a program like HeidiSQL to pull up the database and run the query from there. If it still doesn't work, well, someone would probably actually need to see your database structures.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Havok2all
Sarnak

I think i got them working, although I did not use UPDATE or DELETE commands. So far, so good. They seem to be working correctly.