Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
kedra
Sarnak

Default CoH PvP 2: Any Interest In This Server Idea?

A lot of things are still up in the air right now, but here is the general idea:
  • Max Level: 51
  • Fully PvP with 1 item loot
  • Customized SMALL World (About 8 zones total - City, several hunting zones, dungeon nexus which branches out into several other dungeons.)
  • There is one safe city where all players begin and 1 additional town (perhaps a rival faction?)
  • Players may create their own guilds
  • All players start as 1 Human Warrior
  • Players may change their class anytime after finding Lore, No Drop item 'X' (ie. "Tome of the Magician", "Tome of the Monk", etc...These will be rare drops. Changing your class preserves your level, skills, spellbook, items)
  • Players may change their race after finding Lore, No Drop item 'Y' (ie. "Essence of Dark Elf", "Essence of Iksar", etc...these will be rare drops)
  • All items are No Drop
  • All Spells are Dropable
  • Classic CoH Loot system (If you're not familiar with this, it basically includes most Live loot up to about Kunark armor strength. Equipment drops randomly from mobs of the appropriate level and, in general, drop rates are high. Because of the high volume of items, you may never see the same item drop twice)

I may have forgotten a few things, but I think those are the major points.

Our ultimate goal is to develop a server where players don't choose their race/class right from the start, but, rather, they 'fall into' a certain race/class depending on the drops they get (spells, items, item X, item Y). I've been discussing it with a few people and it seems like it would be a lot of fun.

Would anyone be interested in playing on this type of server? Any feedback?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

So when you say you keep spells, does that mean you can still cast spells that arent from your class if you last change classes?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 AM
miotch
Sarnak

Location: Conveiniently located in your grocers frozen food isle.

i played on the origin of this server.
CoH 1 if you will..
There were 2 factions, freeport and Qeynos.
The PVP was quite intense with the small world. Unfortunately, the factions were lopsided. Once one side got stronger than the other side, no one wanted to be on the weaker side.. So all new characters created went to the weaker side, people played for a day or 2 while the stronger side womped them, and they decided not to play anymore.
Full pvp means no more teams? Not 100% sure on it since it still has CoH in the name.

I will say the GM/Dev did a great job, and was creative in the linear expansion of character progression from level 1. Picking sides, getting equip etc etc.. and the world set up was nice and tight.

The idea of starting as a human warrior is interesting, and the race/class progression is interesting.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Richardo
Banned

I dont like the idea of being able to change with the Tombs.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 AM
kedra
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWatchdog View Post
So when you say you keep spells, does that mean you can still cast spells that arent from your class if you last change classes?
The spells would remain scribed but unusable as the new class. So they could potentially come back as that class again and use those spells.

Additionally, they would have to remove all gear before changing their class to prevent the wrong class from having certain items equipped. And as far as race/class combinations go, they could choose to be a Troll Wizard if they want, but a lot of items may not fit them.

Last edited by kedra; 02-26-2008 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 02-27-2008, 11:15 AM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

me/zark will play if you bring this out. Btw you still in school? or will you leave us again in 6 months? ;p.

PS: sup kedra.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 PM
kedra
Sarnak

Yea, still in school. We're really just getting feedback right now on whether or not the public thinks it would work. We're not sure what we're going to do with it yet.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 PM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

I think it'll work. I liked COH1 alot. This idea seems cool.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
wysh3
Fire Beetle

Sounds good to me
Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Iovvdovvn
Fire Beetle

Hey, it's Xebekn. I would play more than likely and wtf CC. Play the emu but not our emu? You're gay.

P.S. Why is my handle Xebeknsz banned? lol

"You have been banned for the following reason: You are horrible at EverQuest.

Date bane will be lifted: Never"
Old 03-01-2008, 01:57 AM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

sorry xeb :( i don't play on bluebie servers : ).
Old 03-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Iovvdovvn
Fire Beetle

Meh, fair enough. I actually quit before item loot was taken out so props please. I would still play though if I wanted to play EQ at all. Get on aim.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

Default !

ogod. It would be amazing to get that server up and running. If it was as as much fun as I had on CoH1 I'd be on a ton.

--Jeice
Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM
kazowi2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycloud View Post
I think it'll work. I liked COH1 alot. This idea seems cool.
CoH 1 was the shit, that server was so badass, you need to come back out with it or something alot like it. These new rules are cool I still think there should be 2 rival factions like last time, and you can just pick a class and make it rather than tomes. With item loot will there be pts again to raid ST?

P.S. sup kedra and CC (im still palying vztz lols)

P.S.S. Warsaint banned my main account Kazowi lol because i rattted him out for hacking
Old 03-06-2008, 05:00 AM
crazycloud
Fire Beetle

Kedra you got a forum up and running?

PS: VZ = blue world.