Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:55 PM
mangoo
Items Master

Can I have a pinup of you LE for my wall please?
Old 05-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Cloudrider
Fire Beetle

I got in to the server select by doing what some of the other posts said to do. Changed eqhost to read only (under properties after right clicking). Then patched for the may 18th patch, then changed the file after opening it. I didn't copy and paste, just deleted part and typed it in. Hope that helps, now I need help.

I got to the server select screen, but whenever i pick a server, i get booted back to login screen. Any ideas what to do?
Old 05-27-2004, 02:09 PM
mangoo
Items Master

Must connect to a DR4 server and LE's I believe has the only one and it's locked :(
Old 05-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Swampdog
Hill Giant

Correct me if I'm wrong KhaN, but I believe EQA is DR4 now as well.
Damn rl interupting fun anyways.. :P
Old 05-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Xeptix
Fire Beetle

EQA is DR4, among 3 or 4 others that've been up-n-down for the past 2 hours, and so has my ability to log-in, i now am unable to even get to the server select screen again ^_^ <3 betas

at least some people have been able to play so far, which makes the release worthwhile

EDIT

yay got into login server, but now theres no DR4's up ^_^ oh well i'll try again tonight, good luck and thx lethal
Old 05-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Jezebell
Discordant

I had my server up with DR4 but DR4 is totally screwed up right now, tons of stuff doesn't work, so I switched back to DR3
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 05-27-2004, 02:44 PM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
yay got into login server, but now theres no DR4's up ^_^ oh well i'll try again tonight
Im trying to get at least PERL to work, without PERL no need to get EQA server up, because the only thing people will be able to do will be sit on their ass in Astral Plane :/ I dont mind GM command, but PERL :/

Old 05-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

hmm the program jsut closes for me too, nothing seems to work.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:20 PM
ReHaB
Fire Beetle

Default Im still having problems...

By the way i DID NOT create a new EQHOST.TXT file... simply edited orginal one.... very odd.... i got DX9... cant figure out the problem... even before i patched i have always had problems logging onto servers.. usually took about 10 attempts before a success. Could use some help please!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

i did not CREATE a new EQHOST.txt i EDITED mine to say what it needed, ive made it read-only also, now the screen doesn't even go black and exit it just crashes.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:27 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Login seemed to work fine. BTW, I edited my existing file from my EQLive folder.

If you have trouble creating your own file, try using the DOS editor instead of notepad. The client might be picky about the file's carriage returns.

I was able to successfully create a character on the Greenleaf server and run around and fight. There were a few issues I encountered when I actually got in, but I think they are related to packets changing and just need another sniff from live.

I saw all pre-DR4 servers on my selection screen, but didn't try to connect to anything but DR4. Some of the people who say they got in but can't connect or create characters, make sure you pay attention to the version number of the server you're connecting to. Connect to *only* a DR4 server under the new login client. Suggestion to Lethal: Only advertise DR4 and newer servers to the client if they're connecting with the new login client, and only advertise DR3 and earlier servers if they're connecting with the old login client. Might cut down on the "I can't connect to xxxxx server" posts.

BTW, Scorpius2k's server showed a population of negative 617-something-million users on the server select :
Old 05-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
BTW, Scorpius2k's server showed a population of negative 617-something-million users on the server select
yah, noone likes his server so it has a negative population :P

Quote:
Suggestion to Lethal: Only advertise DR4 and newer servers to the client if they're connecting with the new login client, and only advertise DR3 and earlier servers if they're connecting with the old login client. Might cut down on the "I can't connect to xxxxx server" posts.
Yah, I thought about that, but if noone was running any DR4 servers, people would think its the login servers fault when no servers were listed. I'll just ignore the posts of people saying they get a 1017 error when they try to connect to servers listed, because if they had read the original post they would know they can only play on 5.7-DR4 servers. That said, if you are 100% sure the server you tried to play on was 5.7-DR4 and you still get a 1017 error, its probably a router or server configuration problem on that servers end.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Xeptix
Fire Beetle

seems like the bigger problems now are more on the side of the DR4 servers themselves than the login now, i havent seen any DR4 servers in 4 hours.

good times ^_^
Old 05-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Aswome Job =) i connected to 3 DR4 servers with new login no problem creating char and logging in, PERL is being sadly missed =( as on EQA our entire character creation process is nothing but a long list of perl scripts :( Anyway Amazing job and fast at that i didn't think you could find a fix that fast, but here we are and it works great! anyway its late and i need sleep. so... gnight.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 05-27-2004, 06:01 PM
capbob00
Fire Beetle

I was able to get DR4 to work with the Minilogin but when I make a new character and the tutorial zone starts to load up, World.exe says it found the starting zones and then crashes.

Then when I try again and select my server from the list World.exe crashes again with a message about bogus characters. I looked up my character in EQEmuAdmin and it looks like none of the information for the character got filled in.

Tried logging on to the Green Leaf server and it worked fine.