Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Fyrre
Sarnak

Default poofing GM items

Players on my server are having problems with my own created GM items randomly disappearing when they log off. I did not set the items as no rent either. What is the problem here?
Old 06-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Bigpull
Discordant

Gm items should only be possessed by gm's, otherwise whats the point of flaging the item gm only?
Old 06-30-2003, 06:04 PM
Fyrre
Sarnak

I didn't ask for opinions. On my server, I have approximately two dozen GM items which are results of GM events or killing difficult, high level mobs which I added.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:28 PM
IANumtin
Hill Giant

I think you're missing the point. What Bigpull was trying to say is any item flagged for a GM isn't suppose to be used by regular players, hence the GM flag. If an item is in fact flagged only for a GM and players are somehow equipping the item, that's probably your bug and the reason they are "poofing" when they log.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:12 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Bigpull has coded eqemu - he knows what he's talking about.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:55 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Thats working as intended.

Changes to the server code check for GM items in the possesion of non GM accounts, and delete the items from their inventories.

I think BP was just making a statement on the justification for it working that way.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:56 AM
mangoo
Items Master

I think that Fyrre might have a Semi/Non Legit server where people can summon items. Using GM flag on items to ensure that those items can't be summoned by normal people so that they can be given out in events and quests. To Fyrre, the GM flag check can be easily removed in Client::RepairInventory() in the source code.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

If that is the reason you're flagging items as GM items, You need to add a check into the summonitem function and disallow summoning of GM items by non GM's aswell as removing the chunk in repairinventory that deletes them.

Now if you do all that and clients start to "bleed to death" or get locked out of thier characters, your not allowed to complain to us.
because iirc GM flaged items on a non GM flaged account act like multiple lore items, and will bleeed the character to death and stick them in a death loop.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:30 AM
mangoo
Items Master

GM flagged items on account status of 0 does not bleed characters and the summonitem function does not need changing unless users are given a higher status than 0.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

No he would definatly want to disallow summoning of gm items if they are rewards. just a quick
"if (item->IsGM() && GetGM() != item->IsGM()) return;"

We want them to be able to possess Gm flaged items in a reward senerio on a server that allows #summonitem, but not to actualy summon them.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:17 AM
mangoo
Items Master

I thought that there was already a check for it somewhere?

EDIT: #summonitem calls Client::SummonItem() which does check the GM flag. Status < 100 cannot summon GM items.