Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Lucian.of.mysidia
Fire Beetle

Default Hi! Im another noob lookin for help.

server:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator

4)Hit the ok button to checkout the latest source from cvs. If you recieve a password prompt just leave it blank and hit the ok button.
5)After a few minutes the source should be completely downloaded from cvs into the directory.

Hey guys. Im a bit new here and have NO idea how to do networking. I have never even touched pearl or mysql or any of the programs required for this. I know that may already have some of you sighing and rolling your eyes. LOL But seriously, everyone has to start somewhere right?

In the above portion of a tutorial I found on the boards (here: http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15803)

I get this error when I follow those steps.
cvs [checkout aborted]: Error reading from server cvs.sourceforge.net: 0: No such file or directory

Error, CVS operation failed

Is there another place to get the "source"? Are there any WORKING tutorials out there? I have seen maybe 5 or 6 and none of them are detailed enough or have broken links or I am just too dense to follow them . I would really apreciate some help. Im trying to run a small EQ server for just me and my brother who I havent seen in years. This would be a great way for us to "hang out" once in a while. I would also be open to letting anyone who helps me join us. (If such a thing interests any of you )

Please let me know.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=DevBranch
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:33 PM
1Boppoom1
Banned

are you trying to compile your own server or you in the wrong place looking for the bnaries lol
Old 01-04-2006, 10:49 PM
gottasummer
Discordant

1boppoom1, I found an error in your site, server ise should be server wise I believe, based on the client wise.

Anyway,
On Windows, the EASIEST way can cost you a little bit depending on how hard you want to take it.

I recommend going out to the store and buying Visual Studio .NET 2003, I happen to use Visual Studio .NET (2002, origional) Professional and it works fine for me, but it has been a while since I have ran a windows server.

Now you get out tortoise cvs, check it out, and then build the source, the copy the binaries and dll's into one directory, and place your zlib dll there too (I am not sure if that is still used or not... I don't think it still is)

Anyway, then you just put in your config files, start it up.

About mysql, you will need to get it from mysql.com, I recommend the GA release, although I happened to use mysql 3.x when I ran my windows server.. but the new version has advantages, you would need to ask someone those as I do not know.

Perl:

Go to activestates website and download perl, then I went and went on their site and downloaded then installed through ppm, the IO-Scaler I believe it was called.

Then I went and downloaded the PEQ database, it was smaller then, now it is about 90MB or so, but I believe when ziped, the download is smaller, about 10MB, I forget.

Anyway, start up a console window "cd" to the server directory unless you put the load_system.sql in your bin folder, then, type in mysql -u root -p
enter the password
type in create eqemulator;
type in use eqemulator;
type in source load_systeml.sql;

Start it up after you config all of your .ini files, and put in your spells_us.txt file

Oh yeah, and you might also want to get a portable TV and a big bottle of Dr. Pepper, as your going to be up tweaking it for a few nights...

Hope this helps.