Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Niteryder1969
Fire Beetle

Default Task Proximity

Past 2 days I had been working on entering the task in crescent called web of fears. Everything appears to be fine until I get to the explore bridge part. The proximities will not update when I enter the #loc coords. Has there been any known problems with proximities? I have been using either Navicat or Peqeditor. taskgiver and all works good. Activities are as follows
Taskid =272
activityID =1 followups from 0 to kill 10 spiders
step 0 to force next step
activitytype 5 explore
text1 the bridge
goalid 39 ref for proximity table
Goalmethod 0
goalcount 1
zoneid 394

Task decscriptions are in and dbl checked for tasks table. Proximity table does have the cords. Anyone have a idea what I am doing wrong would be great. Thx
Old 07-03-2015, 10:59 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

'step 0 to force next step' ?

As far as I know, step should never be 0.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Niteryder1969
Fire Beetle

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Task_Sy...sk_System_Main

step
•If the step column is zero for all activities in a task, then one activity must be completed before the next activity becomes available.
•If you want a player to be able to work on multiple activities at the same time, then those activities should be assigned the same, none-zero, step number. In these wiki pages, a task where more than one activity can be worked on at the same time is referred to as a 'stepped' task.
I was following this wiki page. If all the steps in the activities are left 0 it forces that activity to be completed before the next activity is available is the way I was understanding it. I may be wrong. Don't understand why the proximity isn't working though. The PEQ editor actually assigns the ID for the proximity table for you when you enter in the cords.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:11 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

OK, setting step to 0 is either new* or never used for some reason.

I assume you have done the obvious of restarting the server or doing '#task reload prox'?

There used to be an old issue if you had proximities that overlapped, but unless you have added one there should not be any other proximities in Crescent. Of course, that may have been fixed by now.

Also, whats the exact data you have added in the proximities table?

*i.e. added in the last 4 years or so.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Niteryder1969
Fire Beetle

Yes, I did try those with no luck. I have tried entering the whole #loc but I noticed in most of the table all the other entries are as follows and this is how I have them entered as well.

ZoneID 394
exploreid 56
minx -2368
maxx -2467
miny -1314
maxy -1278
minz -192
maxz -215

I have really tried to search the forum over even several years back but most are related to older quest related perls based off of npc prox.

Last edited by Niteryder1969; 07-03-2015 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: Make it more understandable about the negs on location
Old 07-04-2015, 04:50 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Try:

ZoneID 394
exploreid 56
minx -2467
maxx -2368
miny -1314
maxy -1278
minz -215
maxz -192
Old 07-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Niteryder1969
Fire Beetle

Thankyou for your attempt to help Dag... I finally figured out what the tricky problem is. Thought maybe I would still put it here just in case someone else tries to make a prox attempt in Crescent. The trick was I reinstalled the database and while I was working on rulesets something dawned on me to check the zone table for Crescent. Sure enuff, the database is defaulting Crescent Reach to #3 merc test ruleset. I changed it to 1 and bingo. I know now to always check that table for rule sets when making proximities. Thanks again my and have a great 4th.