Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Arkansas
Fire Beetle

I was just trying to shorten it for Titanium. Should had just put EQ Tit. Sorry my fault.

Sorry guys wasn't trying to cause waves. I done exactly what the Installer said to do but unfortunately it does not tell you anything about changing your own client nor files for playing privately. I was trying to do it like I thought and changed the address from eqemu default one in the get started to my own but still no luck. When the game launches I have no server show up for me. When I left it like the installer says it puts me in the public access servers instead. If I am misunderstanding then my apologizes but I am new. Just wanna really get this working. Not trying to be difficult all, sorry for any inconveniences :( If anyone has pics for how my files that I need to edit with my ip and just color yours out that would help alot too. I am a visual learner, sorry :(
Old 04-09-2018, 08:52 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

No waves, no worries, just a warped sense of humour, haha.
You would need to edit the eqemu_config.json file in your server folder, wherever that was installed,
as well as the login.ini file. All references made to an IP, would have to be changed to local address,
(if you're running client on same box, locally) and a server login server was running.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Uleat
Developer

Go ahead and move the into its own thread, please.

I'll leave the current postings for now.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-09-2018, 09:13 PM
Arkansas
Fire Beetle

I think I see where the problem was actually. http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...ctions-windows
When it gets to where it says Your Good to go I stopped from there. I am guessing you have to continue on too the Local Lan part as well ? Because where it says good to go mine still connects to public servers. After following the steps. It put this ip
in 192.168.197.127 and I never changed it because it never said too until after the good to go part.. So I guess I should had just followed it through. My fault for thinking the good to go was meant that I was ready to connect :( So EQ Host file needs to say

[LoginServer]
Host=127.0.0.1:5999 (except 127.0.0.1 will be my IP ?)

instead of

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998
Old 04-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Arkansas
Fire Beetle

Quick question. Is the starting area in Gloomingdeep or however you say it or is it at the starting city's like the old days when your using EQ Tit. client ?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:32 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Might want to start asking questions here:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587

(this thread is only relevant to the "installer")
Old 04-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Arkansas
Fire Beetle

ok sorry guys. Thanks for all the help.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Uleat
Developer

Like GRUMPY said, no need to be sorry

You are more than welcome to ask any questions that you need to further your gaming experience here.

We just need to ensure the questions stay focused on the thread topic.

New problems really need to be started on their own thread due to relevance and focus. A post about a server crash from 8 years ago probably wouldn't be relevant today

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-09-2018, 11:18 PM
Arkansas
Fire Beetle

k, thanks all for your help.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:36 AM
Varrin1
Fire Beetle

I used the akka install but when i go to start my server it says world.exe and zone.exe doesn't exist.. were those supposed to be created during the install?

Edit: Nvm I found the problem
Old 06-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Bleuraiven
Fire Beetle

Default Thanks!!!

I recently started this process and still have a long way to go. I was meandering through the process of getting things up, making alterations where necessary. Then, I hit the wall. No matter what I tried after reading through forum post after post, I couldnt seem to get the character to load. I was getting an error regarding the not able to connect to port 7000 from the client dbg.txt so I spent way too long trying to find out why the firewall settings that were clearly in place werent working. I finally decided I must have screwed something up royally and was in the process of rolling out 2 new virtual systems to attempt a clean install with server and client when I came across this...

Originally Posted by Laxative
Quote:
I did a lot of testing and found the issue to be centered around login.ini

See at work I can end up on multiple subnets depending on where I jack in.

If my login.ini was specific.
W.X.Y.Z -- the client can only connect from W.X.Y.Z

If I get less specific: W.X.Y. (notice no entry in last octet)
Then clients can be anything from W.X.Y.1-254

So, we have a big network I just went with W. (no following octects) now I can connect from anywhere inside our internal network.
I was putting this together on a large private network as well and it was like WoW!, why didnt I think of trying that.

So big thanks to Laxative for the saving me from continuing to bang my head against a wall.

And mucho thanks to those who developed the tools, the scripts, and continue to assist those of us in need.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:52 PM
kris1
Sarnak

I can't believe there is not a better explanation of how to use this. It's really frustrating.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1 View Post
I can't believe there is not a better explanation of how to use this. It's really frustrating.
What is frustrating? It would help if you give more information

Latest instructions found

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server
Old 07-10-2018, 10:21 AM
kris1
Sarnak

I'm sure it's me, and my own lack of understanding. So, I don't mean to blame anyone.

I'm just lost.
I feel like there should be more pictures showing what you should be seeing with each step?

Once I have it installed, and I have a server in a folder...

How do I start the server so that it's ready for someone to log into it. a picture of the desktop, with all the proper windows open, and stuff happening, would probably help. I feel like every time I try I get a different result. Again, I'm sure it's me.

I feel like this isn't any more complicated than setting up your eqhost file and shortcut, but I'm still not getting it. And I feel like, just like the first time I was faced with setting up my EQ install for EQEmu servers, once I get it right, I'll be shocked at how simple it is, and it's just the instructions that seem daunting.

Anyways, I guess where I'm stuck now is, how do I make my server accessible to a player, not the IP address, I think I figured that out, or can. But rather, what do i need to do from a freshly booted computer, to put my server in the state where it's playable...what files need to be run. In fairness to you guys, it may be working fine, and I just don't know that i already did it. I'm THAT lost. LOL

I'm sure these instructions are sufficient. I'm sure it's just me. And I'm sure that when i get it, I'm going to embarrassed for not having gotten it on my own. So I apologize for coming across as I'm sure I did.

I'll keep trying, and reading. I have a day off to myself today, so perhaos when I'm not trying at the end of the day, when I only have an hour, and am already frustrated, I'll have better luck.

OR!!!

Maybe a carpenter/stone mason should not be trying such things...LOL. I'm open to that idea.

Sincerely
Kris
Old 07-10-2018, 11:01 AM
kris1
Sarnak

Damn it!!! EUREKA!!!!

It was so simple I was tripping over it. Sorry for my outbursts.

K