Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 11-29-2004, 11:50 AM
gakins04
Fire Beetle

Default Bazaar like Item Search

I'm trying to create a item search like the bazaar in the game but i'm having some trouble with classes in the items table. anyone know the format classes uses or can point me where i can find some information on it? i've done a search on the subject but i've been unable to find anything. i appoligize if this subject has already been covered.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I believe the classes field is a bitwise OR with each bit representing a class that might be able to use the item.

IE, if an item is set with a value of 11, that would be 0000000000001011 in binary, and PRESUMABLY that means that clerics, warriors, and rangers could use them (cuz cleric has a class value of 1 = first bit, warrior class=2, next bit, then ranger=4 (I think), two bits down. I might be wrong about what bits mean what classes, but it is a bitwise OR.

The slot works the same way. It's rare, but some items can fit in more than one place, so the slot field is a bitwise OR to accommodate these items too.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Muuss
Dragon

I used this in Eqbrowser (php) :

$dbiclasses=array();
$dbiclasses[65535]="All classes";
$dbiclasses[32768]="Berserker";
$dbiclasses[16384]="Beastlord";
$dbiclasses[8192]="Enchanter";
$dbiclasses[4096]="Magician";
$dbiclasses[2048]="Wizard";
$dbiclasses[1024]="Necromancer";
$dbiclasses[512]="Shaman";
$dbiclasses[256]="Rogue";
$dbiclasses[128]="Bard";
$dbiclasses[64]="Monk";
$dbiclasses[32]="Druid";
$dbiclasses[16]="Shadow knight";
$dbiclasses[8]="Ranger";
$dbiclasses[4]="Paladin";
$dbiclasses[2]="Cleric";
$dbiclasses[1]="Warrior";

(in fact, its the squares of the normal classes)
51 would give 32+16+2+1
Old 11-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Oh...erm..so Berserker + Necro would be: 33792
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:58 AM
gakins04
Fire Beetle

Default Full Class and Slot listing

Ok well i've found out how exactly to do what i wanted so i'm gonna post some info for anyone else that wants it. ATM i've broken down the class and slots so i'll post it and some examples in the tutorials forum. If no interest exists just delete it. If so i'll continue to update it with more info as i break down more. My hope is that i will have the ability to see all item stats and effects but that is a while away.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Muuss
Dragon

If i can give you a tip... go to my webpage (link in my sig) and download eqbrowser 1.3. It's written in PHP and contains a good part of what you talking of If you're good enough at C++, you can also visit eqemu source code, i took most of the structs from there (no need to re-invent the wheel, isn't it?).