Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 08:41 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Default Time to go...............

Well, it's been fun....
But since it seems that Eqemu is now under the rule of Melwin, backed up by Wiz, the community has no chance of survival.

My suggestion is that everyone just quit now and join WR, since that's what they seem to be pushing for.

I don't know if the project will continue without me, but if any of the team members decides to continue, good luck, you're gonna need it around here.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Muuss
Dragon

You have no rights to stop now. 2 or 3 people's voices or actings means nothing against your input to the project.
Whatever you'll do in the future, please receive my thanks for what you yet did in the past.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:51 PM
mattmeck

I see a LOT of Melwin bashing, so much so that the people in all honesty should be banned, but the fact of the matter is not one person got banned or even a warning no matter what they sayd, did, or made drawlings of, some of which pissed me off because this use to be a work friendly place till these Melwin bashers started in.

Melwin may not be the greatest person in the world, but some of your worldbuilding people have shown a maturity level i would take a belt to my kid for showing. Basicaly you can do what you want, say what you want, and the second someone dose it back to you you run and complain.

If people should get Banned for flaiming you, they you should be banned for flaiming Melwin. and that is what these forums lack, consistancy. Certain people get away with whatever they want wile others get banned for sneezing.

Someone needs to enforce the rules on these forums, even the developers and world builders should be help accountable. Till this happens we will continue to see this happen over and over again, like it has been since i have been here.

I am sorry you are deciding to leave, but leaving because someone didnt get banned for flaiming you wile at the same time you flaim other is just pathetic.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:54 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Whoever here is right (Wiz Crew or PEQ Team) is not really the problem, because if PEQ project stop, EQEmu will be as usefull as a car without fuel.

Now, honestly, if PEQ stop because 2 threads were made saying "OMGZ PEQ IS THE SUX" and wasnt deleted by Melwin, i would say just create 2 threads about how WR is lame and you will all be egal.

Old 12-02-2004, 01:03 AM
Spike
Discordant

Just make me admin i'll clean up the forums...

Boot Melwin out, make me admin... it sounds good to me

I know alot about phpbb forums from being banned then learning my lesson, thx to Mattmeck...

Give me a chance at it and i'll do my best.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:22 AM
Muuss
Dragon

BTW, being able to make people leave is a form of power. Leaving is recognizing that power. Staying and ignoring it is a proof of strength.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Wiz
Dragon

I'm not even sure what this conflict is about, personally. Melwin isn't even around, as he's on vacation, and suddenly PEQ flips out. I removed the post since it made a whole ton of unfound accusations, if you want to provide a post with your parting that isn't full of drama, please do so.

The reason *I* allowed those PEQ-bashing posts was because I wasn't paying too much attention to the boards, and while I read them they still had a valid tone. I would allow someone (and has) to "bash" WR using a civil tone too.

So again, I don't know what the drama is all about.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaN
Whoever here is right (Wiz Crew or PEQ Team) is not really the problem, because if PEQ project stop, EQEmu will be as usefull as a car without fuel.

Now, honestly, if PEQ stop because 2 threads were made saying "OMGZ PEQ IS THE SUX" and wasnt deleted by Melwin, i would say just create 2 threads about how WR is lame and you will all be egal.
Go ahead. I'm not gonna delete them. There's been "WR sucks" threads in the past.

Seriously, critique is NOT against the board rules. The threads didn't turn into outright flaming for quite some time (and it certainly wasn't only from mysticalninjajesuswhoever), at which point they were moved to Drama Central.

And again, Melwin is away. He couldn't possibly have done anything about those threads.

What's the issue here?
Old 12-02-2004, 03:04 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Leaving to teach a lesson as well a sign of power. Frankly i think most of us have had it and are now saying, "have fun doing it yourself".
Old 12-02-2004, 03:07 AM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
Leaving to teach a lesson as well a sign of power. Frankly i think most of us have had it and are now saying, "have fun doing it yourself".
I keep thinking there has to be more to this, because a bunch of people can't possibly engage in drama on this scope as result of two threads by mysticalninjajesus of all people.

So what's the scoop?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:31 AM
wize_one
Dragon

1) bbum (the first account) ran arround here bashing people and the PEQ team . some admin had enough and banned that account.

2) gayfag (account #2) same shit. someone finally banned him

3) mysticalninjajesus (account #3) same shit but yet noone has touched his ass this time.

there is only so much shit you can take when you pour hundreds of man hours into something that you do for free that gets trashed on put down and all that stuff.

as far as the melwin shit, he's been being an asshat for a while, and basiclly the final straw was when it was brought up about bbum (et all) was the same moron that had been banned before and should be banned again, melwin took it upon himself to change the poll(the same kind the devs used to get input about banning kyle9).

anyways, take care TCS maybe our paths will cross again in the future.

p.s.
as far as the PEQ team-database i have no clue where it's going or whats gonna happen with it.
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:54 AM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wize_one
1) bbum (the first account) ran arround here bashing people and the PEQ team . some admin had enough and banned that account.

2) gayfag (account #2) same shit. someone finally banned him

3) mysticalninjajesus (account #3) same shit but yet noone has touched his ass this time.

there is only so much shit you can take when you pour hundreds of man hours into something that you do for free that gets trashed on put down and all that stuff.

as far as the melwin shit, he's been being an asshat for a while, and basiclly the final straw was when it was brought up about bbum (et all) was the same moron that had been banned before and should be banned again, melwin took it upon himself to change the poll(the same kind the devs used to get input about banning kyle9).

anyways, take care TCS maybe our paths will cross again in the future.

p.s.
as far as the PEQ team-database i have no clue where it's going or whats gonna happen with it.
Ah. I'm really not into this story, but in all seriousness, why don't you just brush him off? I've had plenty of people like him who keep bashing me and WR, but I don't give them the power to affect me.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:30 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

You are real well informed , huh Wiz.

Quote:
I'm not even sure what this conflict is about, personally. Melwin isn't even around, as he's on vacation, and suddenly PEQ flips out. I removed the post since it made a whole ton of unfound accusations, if you want to provide a post with your parting that isn't full of drama, please do so.
Quote:
And again, Melwin is away. He couldn't possibly have done anything about those threads.
If Melwin isn't doing the shit then it must be YOU using his account.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/vie...721c2cfe29c58d

Notice the date of Melwins post, funny how someone that's not even here can not only post, but lock it also.

Nice try Wiz, you and your Butt Buddy Melwin can have the whole mess.

I have no respect for you, coming in here and deleting post when you don't even have a clue what's been going on.

And what exactly have YOU done for Eqemu in the last year??
Oh yea, that's right, hoard all your fixes to the emu under the excuse that it was SOOO different that Eqemu couldn't use it, that is until FNW came along recently and somehow talked you into letting him see if HE could get some of the fixes converted.

I see that as more of a contribution from FNW than you, since YOU could have been adding them ALL ALONG, and actually CONTRIBUTING to the community.

The only time YOU are even seen on these forums is when someone mentions your Butt Buddy Melwin in a derogatory or inflamatory way.

Keep it up Wiz, you'll soon have your way, and there will be nobody left here but you and Melwin, and with the contributions the 2 of you have made in the past year that = Eqemu Dead.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:44 AM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsmyworld
You are real well informed , huh Wiz.

Quote:
Quote:
If Melwin isn't doing the shit then it must be YOU using his account.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/vie...721c2cfe29c58d

Notice the date of Melwins post, funny how someone that's not even here can not only post, but lock it also.

Nice try Wiz, you and your Butt Buddy Melwin can have the whole mess.

I have no respect for you, coming in here and deleting post when you don't even have a clue what's been going on.

And what exactly have YOU done for Eqemu in the last year??
Oh yea, that's right, hoard all your fixes to the emu under the excuse that it was SOOO different that Eqemu couldn't use it, that is until FNW came along recently and somehow talked you into letting him see if HE could get some of the fixes converted.

I see that as more of a contribution from FNW than you, since YOU could have been adding them ALL ALONG, and actually CONTRIBUTING to the community.

The only time YOU are even seen on these forums is when someone mentions your Butt Buddy Melwin in a derogatory or inflamatory way.

Keep it up Wiz, you'll soon have your way, and there will be nobody left here but you and Melwin, and with the contributions the 2 of you have made in the past year that = Eqemu Dead.
Yikes, a little bitter, are we?

Apparently Melwin did chime in. I know he is on vacation, didn't know he'd been hanging around here as well.

I'm not really gonna reply to your loltastic "What have you done". Your egotrip is fabulously dramatic, so I'll let you have it in peace.

I deleted your post because of the same fabulous drama, btw. Oh wait, no, it was because of my SEDULOUS plan to drive everyone away. It sure was a good thing FNW managed to threaten me into sharing my source. And you talk about ill-informed.

Why don't you ask FNW about that, really?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:45 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
Ah. I'm really not into this story, but in all seriousness, why don't you just brush him off? I've had plenty of people like him who keep bashing me and WR, but I don't give them the power to affect me.
sure that response works for a while, but eventually it's gone to far to just "brush off" as you put it. Melwin has lost his cool points with everybody except the WR crew. it's time to put him down. the poll speaks for itself. until of course he locks that one also
Closed Thread