Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-08-2004, 06:15 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default A WORD OF WARNING.

Scheduled update for All EverQuest servers on Wednesday December 15, 2004 at 3AM PST (-7 UTC)

im guessing DO NOT PATCH. that day or after untill it's cleared.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 12-08-2004, 09:03 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

This patch is supposed to be pretty big too.

They're gonna supposedly revamp Mistmoore and Paw and make them 60+ zones... whoever got the idea to do that should be shot.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:20 AM
oobah
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
whoever got the idea to do that should be shot.
Lol.

Personally i think it would be kinda cool. but just me. course i havent played live for months...
Old 12-08-2004, 12:49 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

So far none of the revamps have been "cool". The Temple of Cazic Thule is now a wasteland, and even higher levels it was designed for don't go there.

Mistmoore always was a nice mid-level zone, and Paw provided lots of enjoyment in the classic era. Now that they've proven they can instance zones, I just wish they'd run two instances of these revamped zones so lower levels can experience it as well.

Don't even get me started on the PoM revamp...
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:23 PM
sianyde
Sarnak

Quote:

They're gonna supposedly revamp Mistmoore and Paw and make them 60+ zones... whoever got the idea to do that should be shot.
Why does SOE continue to cater to the 60+ crowd? Is it b/c those are the only ppl playing anymore? It's not bad enough that the new expansions are designed for the high-end game, but now retooling existing zones?

Paw was a great 30's zone. I actually met some of my better in-game friends there.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianyde
Quote:

Why does SOE continue to cater to the 60+ crowd? Is it b/c those are the only ppl playing anymore?
Yes.

The low levels are just a phase where you get PLed to 60+ now.

Oh and they so stole the idea of a 60+ mistmoore from me! :p
Old 12-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Whoever designed the revamps at Sony needs a bullet in the head from 1 foot away.

Please.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpx725
Whoever designed the revamps at Sony needs a bullet in the head from 1 foot away.

Please.
Why a foot away? Make the person whos shooting a Sony rep and so when the gun fires it will launch back into the shooter and knock them out too.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Speedz
Hill Giant

This just stinks of Sony trying to make EQ unplayable, or less enjoyable in hopes that all the current player base switches to EQ2 and then justifies them in shutting down EQ1 and consolidating/selling off all the old crap systems and other hardware that hosted EQ1....

So then they can make more room for the hardware it takes to Milk the EQ2 cash cow.....

COMING SOON to a PC near you.....10 useless expansions only geared to those who pay and/or contribute the most financially to the SOE fund, and useless or unplayable to the average user.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:19 PM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Why would they want LESS people to use EQ1? That's a cash cow that's been researched and marked up, and mints money at this point. It's the high life of its economic position...

The only reason they made EQ2 was to compete with the competition. EQ1 is what they want to keep at current levels. This DOES mean catering to the high-level characters. They're loyal customers, and are more receptive to continuing with EQ1.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Spike
Discordant

Quote:
This just stinks of Sony trying to make EQ unplayable, or less enjoyable in hopes that all the current player base switches to EQ2
Is that what's going on now? As soon as I saw the stupid ring around the characters thing I was like... omfg it stupid as HELL! Then I disabled it and felt ok about it.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:16 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

you just found out about the target ring? eq2 has it too. its a useless unrealistic eye sore.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Spike
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja
its a useless unrealistic eye sore.
I agree!

No I was actually talking about I found it a long time ago, but once I noticed this change I figured EQ is going down the drain, so I just stuck with EQ4.4 for a while.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:23 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

yeah.... the target ring is the least of eqlive's problems.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Celestial
Sarnak

When i was in Plane of Earth, the target ring looked like a giant butthole that was sucking the player up.