Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Server Code Submissions

Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
KLS
Administrator

I think we can add something in, though it probably wont be right away. Regardless of that: thanks for the code submission... even if we don't use the exact code it got us talking about it and hopefully it brings with it a solution to the problem.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

This would be great on the solo server, since its hard to balance a hit vs. regen and the up time between battles.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
wraithlord98
Sarnak

I still have access to EQLive so can answer questions about it.

What Sony did, (to reduce down time) was to set up a hyper rest mode when you were out of combat for a period of time. If the mob is considered a raid mob, then it would take about 4.5 minutes to put you into "rest mode", if not - it takes roughly 15 seconds.

While in that hyper rest mode, you'd experience an excellerated HP and mana regeneration while sitting - which is broken the minute you get attack, stood up, or entered combat (please note - being on a mount is considered sitting).
Old 12-12-2007, 01:23 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Default Warrior

Also another note - not that I'm asking for it nor do I play/cheerlead for warriors, but they had an additional bonus to their regeneration to address the number of hit points they were able to build up. I do not have any specific numbers but I can guarantee that all classes now have an enhanced healing over time downtime and that it especially helped those classes that have an extra regen based on class.

I will see what I can find current number wise on the everquest forums.

-Mard
Old 12-19-2007, 01:00 PM
wraithlord98
Sarnak

I still play on EQLive - and will continue to do so until the emulator has been perfected. So if you have questions - feel free to ask.

Having been involved with the project on and off for ages now - I have to say kudos to the programmers still working hard on this endeavor - it's come a hell of a long way from where it use to be.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Default OOC regen

OOC regen should not be active if you have a dot or are diseased. Atleast that is the way it works on Live. I would like to see OOC regen implemented into the Emu. That is one of the features I actually miss.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:36 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

while I have not writen any custom code, I find an alternative fix for out of combat regeneration. I gave my players clicky heal stones, which heal for large ammount of hp but take a WHILE to cast. Thsi basicly substitutes out of combat recovery, while preventing you from using such stone in combat due to very long cast time
Old 01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

so, are we going to see this amazing feature- the OOC regeneration -implemented soon?

the fact that client does had the "box" is truly irrelevant- just check if player is not on the agro list of any mob, and he in fact is not - the reg/mana goes up by the variable % specified in the rules.
Having a dot on your person should not matter at all
Old 01-29-2008, 01:48 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Somebody's not reading the changelogs

==01/09/2008
KLS: Starting items will now be saved if they are placed in slots other than the primary 8, this includes inside bags and on the character's inventory and bank slots
KLS: Kick at level 55 or higher now has a chance to act as a spell interrupt as bash does.
KLS: (TheLieka) Stun Immunity for Frontal Stuns on Ogres
KLS: (TheLieka) Added out of combat regen to NPCs based on rule NPC:OOCRegen
KLS: NPCs with quests using the Perl Quest Parser should no longer stop if they do not have an EVENT_SAY sub
KLS: /autofire cleaned up some, fixed many situations where it shouldn't fire and it now will auto. use throwing weapons as well as bows
KLS: Ranged and Throwing attacks will break invis. correctly.
KLS: Added the following rules:
Character:HealOnLevel (Default: false)
Character:FeignKillsPet (Default: false)
Character:ItemManaRegenCap (Default: 15)
Character:ItemHealthRegenCap (Default: 15)
Combat:UseIntervalAC (Default: false)
Combat:PetAttackMagicLevel (Default: 30)
NPC:SayPauseTimeInSec (Default: 5)
NPC:OOCRegen (Default: 0)
Old 01-29-2008, 01:58 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

wait - it sais NPC:OOCRegen (Default: 0)
what about players??
and what abotu mana regeneration

oh Cavedude - I just downloaded your peq DB.. and I hope it includes all the latest things, like watermaps and whatever =)

Unfrotunately.. I can't seem to find instruction how to install it...

Th very first I did it was using the CVS... but nwo since I have the sql file - is there a simpler way of turning it into an actual db?

thanks much =)

Last edited by ChaosSlayer; 01-29-2008 at 10:03 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
KLS
Administrator

I haven't added PC regen yet, this is true. NPC do have ooc regen tho! Hopefully someday soon we can do pc regen it's a bit more complicated than npc regen though.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

update: oh Cavedude I have installed the Db i downlaoded from your main site and it is missing some of recent changes... I think - in particular there is no rules or variables section at all...
Old 01-29-2008, 02:53 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post
I haven't added PC regen yet, this is true. NPC do have ooc regen tho! Hopefully someday soon we can do pc regen it's a bit more complicated than npc regen though.
oh thanks KSL for looking into that =)

it would be good feature to have wihotu going crazy of %% rates for general hp/mana reg just to reduce downtime
Old 01-30-2008, 01:02 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

You need to use the newest (correct) CVS for that data. The releases don't have them.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:06 AM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Quote:
Having a dot on your person should not matter at all
On EQLive, if you are dotted or diseased PC OOC Regen *will not* engage until it is cured or has run it's course. That's why players squeal like a pig for a cure when they are tashed or malo'd.