Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:37 AM
12shot
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Stuck @ Server Select.

Hello,

Like my title says I'm stuck at the server select, I see all the emu servers, I've clicked on many different ones to play but once I press "Play Everquest" the game quits responding and nothing loads.

I've tried all resolutions, messed with all graphic settings, reinstalled completely. I have not patched the titanium package, I don't play live.

I would love some help on the Issue thank you!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Shendare
Dragon

How long are you waiting before giving up?

The EQ Client has a cosmetic issue where it goes into a "Not Responding" state for a while as it loads into a server.

I'd give it at least a couple of minutes, just to make sure it's really not loading.

You also usually cannot click in the window or press a key on your keyboard while the client is in this state, or it will often crash out without an error message.

Just the way SOE has the client coded.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
12shot
Fire Beetle

Arrow

Thank you for the quick reply Shendare.

This attempt I waited a complete 10min before touching anything after selecting a server and clicking "Play Everquest"

At the 10min mark I closed it out in task manager.

I would absolutely love to play this game, I played from classic to PoP on the Bertoxx server.

Here is some more info in case someone has any ideas on how to get me started.

Windows: XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2ghz

Video Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series

2 Gig of RAM

This is my work computer but it does run WoW with the graphics turned down.

Thank you for the help.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:26 PM
vales
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12shot View Post
Windows: XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600)
Is that SP2? I think it is, iirc.

Did you get the processor drivers for your CPU? I had the same exact CPU back in the day and you need the drivers for it.

Get them here.
Get the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 and AMD Processor Driver Version 1.3.2.0053 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64).

Also, you might want to check your laptop manufacturers for updates as well.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
12shot
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the quick reply Vales; I downloaded both the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 and AMD Processor Driver Version 1.3.2.0053 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64).

Installed, Restarted.

Tried 5 different servers and had the same results.

Anything else I can try? I'd rather not give up on playing this amazing game at work.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
12shot
Fire Beetle

I just tried the Shards of Dalaya server where they use their own patcher to run the game.

I didn't have any problems loading it.

My problem still persists though, I want to play on a realm that resembles the core classic EQ, so this server isn't gonna give me my 'fix'.

If anyone has more ideas or advice on how to get this running, please post.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
vales
Discordant

Try deleting your eqclient.ini file and then starting. The game will make you a new file when you start the game.

You did remember to put the patchme at the end of the shorcut and are using eqgame.exe, right?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
12shot
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vales View Post
Try deleting your eqclient.ini file and then starting. The game will make you a new file when you start the game.

You did remember to put the patchme at the end of the shorcut and are using eqgame.exe, right?
I have the patchme section correct and am using the eqgame.exe, I have to logout for the evening though tomorrow I will delete the eqclient.ini file and let you know how it goes, Thank you.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:43 PM
saltierfon
Fire Beetle

I have this exact same problem on 2 machines, desktop and laptop, both vista. Tried everything I could find in the FAQs but no dice.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 PM
trevius
Developer

The problem you are describing where it doesn't respond at all after you click to log in is the exact symptom you get if you try to connect to the EQEmu Login Server when you are using a fully patched EQLive client. I suspect you are either using the incorrect version of EQ, or you patched even a little bit before you got it setup properly. Make sure you are running EQ Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer completely unpatched and installed directly from the installation disks. Some people have confused EQ Trilogy with Titanium, but Trilogy will not work either and I have also heard of odd problems with Trilogy even if you have it installed in another folder on your PC.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:47 PM
saltierfon
Fire Beetle

I think I found the issue.. I have SoF unpatched that I bought today and installed and was trying to get into the VZ/TZ server. When I clicked Play Everquest from server select it would just give me a black screen that I had to kill with task manager. When I tried the PEQ server, however, it worked fine. I think the VZ/TZ server just hasn't updated their stuff so that you can log in with SoF and thus you need Titanium to get on.