Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-27-2005, 06:30 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Exclamation multi node server

Ok, i understand to have a multi-node server, you have to setup mysql replication, a link on how to do it is here
http://egov.sec.state.ri.us/howto/my...plication/view

i've got a server setup and a copy of the db on each computer. both also running mysql 4.0.24 one as master the other as slave

i can boot my main server fine and log in and enter to the differnet zones no problem.

When i try to enter the zone hosted on the slave computer, everything seems fine. I can still chat to people and do /server commands to see all the zoneserver and stuff (/who all too). This is all done whith the db.ini having the host point at localhost.
The problem begins when i try to log out it takes me out of the zone server, only to put me back into it no matter what zone i try to log into. lets say i have the slave boot up guka statically. I can zone into guka with no issues, but i can never 'leave'. What i mean is i can try to zone out of guka into the nexus, it shows me logging out of guka in the zone window on the slave computer, then it logs me right back into guka, only using the nexus graphics along with what ever spans i had in guka.

The only way i have been able to get the remote zone server (on teh slave computer) is to not use mysql on the slave computer, but instead point the host field in db.ini to the master computer instead. IE instead of localhost it is 192.168.0.x. I can boot up the zone as stated above and log into it fine, and get this i can zone out into the proper zone and not be tossed back into guka as before. The only thing is, is the amount of bandwidth that is used from host to slave. So this metheod is not desirable at all.

Mabey i have done my mysql replication wrong. Who knows
Old 05-28-2005, 02:25 PM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default forget mysql replication

bah dont need mysql replication just place in the remote address of the mysql in to db.ini and wait a half hour for zone.exe to load up.