Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjaf4t View Post
Just a couple of observations from the peanut gallery:

1a. Lines 113-114 in eqemu_install.bat you could just do

SET PATH=%path%;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin

on one line instead of two, this is only esthetics though.

For whatever reason it wasn't playing nice at the time so I decided to go with two separate statements at the time

1b. Why not a line:

setx /M path "%path%;C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin

for the Perl install step as well as the MariaDB install step? I'm sure you have a reason, I just haven't had enough coffee this morning to get it myself.

2. You don't get any issues from installing 32-bit Perl and 64-bit everything else?? Doing my prerequisite setup on 64-bit Windows (back when, manually and the long way around), I had installed ActivePerl-5.16.3.1604-MSWin32-x64-298023.msi instead, because it never occurred to me NOT to install the 64-bit version. And then never gave it another thought until now ....

You can use Perl x64 but I'm using a very proven recommended version that we've always used and it doesn't really matter if you use 32 vs 64. What matters here is that it works.

3. Why not do the Perl.rar as a self-extracting archive instead? Then you could completely skip the WinRAR install step.

I want WinRAR installed for folks because the db backup/compression relies upon it if people wanted the functionality. Plus who doesn't have WinRAR installed or want it installed.
Responded inline. You didn't even mention if it worked for you or not?
Old 01-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculler View Post
Installed last night on Windows Server 2012 R2 and it worked like a charm.

Very smooth install.

Nice job, Akka.
That's good!
Old 01-02-2016, 07:04 PM
dpjaf4t
Fire Beetle

<facepalm> Yes, it worked (except the script did not delete the various installers for me even running it as administrator, but this is totally a trivial point). Sorry for not saying so up front.

Excellent work, it's definitely a boon for getting a server up and running, quickly and conveniently.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Dremis
Fire Beetle

Default Windows 10

Seems to work perfectly on Windows 10 also. No issues installing and no errors when running. Now if I could just figure out how to make my ROF client connect to it... lol.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Toony
Sarnak

Installed on VMWare with Windows Server 2008 R2 x64, very smooth install.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:49 PM
andy5427
Fire Beetle

Thanks Akkadius, I just installed your wonderful re-pack a week ago. I think I should have held off a week for this.

Quote:
Now if I could just figure out how to make my ROF client connect to it... lol.
I'm a bit new at this but wouldn't the answer be to run the updater which has an option to add all the opp codes. I used it on an old server on another machine I made last year. It worked and even added ROF2.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Dremis
Fire Beetle

I'm prolly newer than you are LOL. I finally changed the listening port in login.ini from 5998 to 5999 and am able to see and login to my server now. Everything seems fine except there is no sound when I cast spells. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to find and use GM commands and How to add pet toys to a merchant.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Sisca
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremis View Post
I'm prolly newer than you are LOL. I finally changed the listening port in login.ini from 5998 to 5999 and am able to see and login to my server now. Everything seems fine except there is no sound when I cast spells. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to find and use GM commands and How to add pet toys to a merchant.
Check HERE on the wiki for GM commands.

For editing merchants and such I prefer to use the PEQ database editor. You can either install the PHP app yourself and run it on a local web server or connect to Akka's EOC. I prefer the latter as it lets me get to my db from just about anywhere as well as having some other useful tools.

Now to my install...

Installed it to a Surface Pro (the original version 1) with an external USB drive running Windows 10 Pro.

Install worked like a charm.

Server starts with no problems and I'll be attempting to login later this morning once I get a client setup to connect to that box.

Only issue I see are a couple of errors when the login server launches but it seems to be listening so I'm not sure they're critical.

Errors are:
1. [Error] Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream address 127.0.0.1.

2. [Error] Mysql query returned no result: SELECT ifnull(WSR.ServerID,999999) AS ServerID... {not going to write out the entire query string here unless you need it.}

After those 2 errors I get the "Server tried to login but database couldn't find an entry but unregistered servers are allowed" message that I always have on my functioning server.

Once I get a client setup I'll try connecting and let you know how that works but the server itself seems to be functioning.

UPDATE:
Adding a new user account to the login server table got rid of my second error but I'm still geting the first one.

From my main desktop I can connect to the login server and get to server select but once I click play it goes to a black screen and just sits there (RoF2 client) or goes to "Not Responding" and I have to end the task (Underfoot Client).

Running the UF client locally seems to work just fine though so I'm probably missing something to allow remote connections.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Dremis
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the info. I found the GM commands shortly after my last post. I'm gonna look into PEQ editor and Akka's EOC.

Now maybe I can return the favor.

Quote:
Errors are:
1. [Error] Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream address 127.0.0.1.
I get this on mine also but I can still log in and play (at least on local machine) All my config files are set up for my lan IP instead of localhost. I'm using ROF client. The only way I got it to work was to change the listening port in login.ini to port 5999 since ROF uses that port instead of 5998. With it set to 5998 I get the black screen lockup you describe.

I'm about to copy my client to my sons pc and see if I can log in across my lan.
I'll let ya know if it works.

FYI I'm running a private server local/lan only using private login server.

EDIT:
Client on son's pc working great. Can connect across LAN.

Last edited by Dremis; 01-04-2016 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Add info
Old 01-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

2012 R2
2008 R2
Win10

All fine.

Good stuff.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
2012 R2
2008 R2
Win10

All fine.

Good stuff.
Very nice Maze! Thanks for testing!
Old 01-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

The only thing I've been seeing with errors lately is anything related to the loginserver, which yes if you're looking to login from another PC on the network you will need to use the address that it resides on the network with and not 127.0.0.1 because that is only a locally significant address. With that there is some basic networking to be aware of.

Otherwise it looks like the new installer is ready to go from what I can see.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Sisca
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremis View Post
Thanks for the info. I found the GM commands shortly after my last post. I'm gonna look into PEQ editor and Akka's EOC.

Now maybe I can return the favor.

I get this on mine also but I can still log in and play (at least on local machine) All my config files are set up for my lan IP instead of localhost. I'm using ROF client. The only way I got it to work was to change the listening port in login.ini to port 5999 since ROF uses that port instead of 5998. With it set to 5998 I get the black screen lockup you describe.

I'm about to copy my client to my sons pc and see if I can log in across my lan.
I'll let ya know if it works.

FYI I'm running a private server local/lan only using private login server.
Yeah changing the address to point to the actual port instead of the loopback fixed that error.

The second error - the query returned null error seemed to be fixed by adding an actual user to the login tables. Can't believe I forgot that part.

Once I got past all of that I was still getting the lockup after server select from the remote machine. Went through and specified the IP of the server machine, rebooted and ran the update pl script just to be sure and now it seems to be working fine.

Akkadius is there any chance of providing an option for bot installs?
Old 01-04-2016, 08:29 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Everything works great on Windows 2012 R2 server with full features.

Quick observation so far. Looks like I can enable 100 dynamic zones no problem. But there is a weird loop I am seeing with more than 100 where it cannot fire off UCS or Queryserv and never finishes loading zones.

The other observation is the DB seems to be Halloween event enabled! Is there a way to easily disable the Halloween event?

How often will the source executables be updated and option to pull executables that have bots enabled?

Celestial
Old 01-04-2016, 08:52 PM
hurikaNe
Fire Beetle

I'm brand new to hosting and your hard work made the process INSANELY easy.

Thank you so much.

As mentioned above I noticed PoK had Halloween event enabled.

Still testing and fine tuning to have the experience I want for my friends and I.

I'm still confused how to turn expansions dynamically on and off because all of my efforts have not achieved what I want but I still need to read and look more.

I found a thread that mentioned "World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings" but I can't find it in rule_set, am I looking at the wrong place?

Sorry to throw off the thread a bit but that could be something related to the pack installation i guess.

Thanks again! your effort is mucho appreciated

Edit: My Specs Win 7 x64