Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:30 AM
imp34
Fire Beetle

Default Have EOC/SQL/DB/Queries -- next?

So here is what I have done and what I am getting more comfortable with:

--Connected to EOC (WHEW!)
--Using HeidiSQL to make queries on the PEQ DB. I think I'm comfortable finding another DB to find and modify (which I'll probably do).
--Logging into my LAN server using the invaluable guides found on here and the github stuff.

Now... here's my question:

Once I start modifying the PEQ DB (or whichever DB I use in the future) on Heidi and EOC... how do I take those changes (the DB) and apply them to my client/server? I'll settle for a link or someone pointing me in the direction of this next step. I'm having a hard time finding anything.

EDIT

I understand that there's a difference between the "login/client" and the "server". Can someone explain to me how the DB (the thing I'm modifying with EOC and MySQL, right?) and the "server" that the login are logging into become the same thing? Or am I not understanding this correctly?
Old 10-30-2019, 03:07 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

The way I understand it is that the database (your .sql file) holds all of your players accounts, names, levels, races, deities, items, NPC's, rules, aa's, factions, zones, etc. If you make changes to that .sql file, that means you are simultaneously making changes to your server. Some changes can be applied using #hotfix in game, others need a fresh server restart to see the changes. For example, change the name of "a bat" in Greater Faydark to "an epic bat" in your SQL file and then type #repop in game and your "a bat" should now be called "an epic bat". You've effectively just made changes to your "server's database".

The actual server itself is just a series of programs running on your PC so that there is an actual world to even login to. The server is just referencing that .sql database so it know's how to populate your world with your specific settings.

Some things, like quests, are in the quests folder server side, and would need to be altered there. Hopefully this helps a little.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:12 PM
imp34
Fire Beetle

So if I use a different database than PEQ, then I need to go into the config/login files and change the PEQ db stuff to the new DB name?

And that addresses my concern?
Old 10-30-2019, 03:17 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I believe that is correct. You would also need to make sure the username/password to login to that database is accurate as well.

So if you go from using the 'peq' database to using 'vek' database (just as an example) then you would need to update your credentials to reference the 'vek' database instead (eoc will ask for this too).

You'll need to load this SQL file in your SQL editor of choice too (I use HeidiSQL).
Old 10-30-2019, 03:18 PM
imp34
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugglegenerator View Post
I believe that is correct. You would also need to make sure the username/password to login to that database is accurate as well.

So if you go from using the 'peq' database to using 'vek' database (just as an example) then you would need to update your credentials to reference the 'vek' database instead (eoc will ask for this too).

You'll need to load this SQL file in your SQL editor of choice too (I use HeidiSQL).
Thank you so much! That makes sense! I'm trying to wrap my head around all this and I'm incredibly excited to learn it.

I appreciate you taking the time