Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:40 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Question char_create_combinations (Vah Shir)

I've been successful at removing all undesired race/class combinations from my char_create_combinations table except Vah Shir.

Whenever I select to create a new character, it always picks a random race/class combo to start. Sometimes that random race will be Vah Shir, even though I've removed every reference to race ID 130 (Vah Shir) from the char_create_combinations table.

I do have Luclin enabled, but only because I want to use the AA's. I don't want the Vah Shir.

If I try to forcibly make a Vah Shir, I can't, which is good. This is ONLY happening when EQ picks the random race/class combo after selecting an empty character slot.

Is it not possible to remove Vah Shir from the character selection screen's "Random" race/class selection?
Old 10-18-2019, 09:27 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

You have to remove Vah Shir from char_create_combinations and from char_create_point_allocations, then reboot.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:49 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Question

Thank you chrsschb.

Since I've already removed Vah Shir, Drakkin and Froglok from the char_create_combinations table, I'm left with a lot of unnecessary ID's in the char_create_point_allocations table.

I've been trying to figure out which ID's in the char_create_point_allocations table are for Vah Shir, Drakkin and Froglok so I can remove them, but it's proving to be quite difficult.

I made a list of all the ID's that are still in use in the char_create_combinations table and compared that to the 108 rows of char_create_point_allocation ID's that are still existing and I found that the following ID's do not exist in my char_create_combinations table, so I THINK I can safely delete them from char_create_point_allocations and achieve my desired result of no selectable Vah Shir, Drakkin or Froglok during the "Random" race selection of character select:

ID's that I THINK I need to remove from char_create_point_allocations are:
0, 1, 12, 59, 65, 66, 69, 70, 71, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 86-108

Does this sound right or am I way off? I couldn't find a good resource that cross referenced the two tables together, so this is the best I could come up with.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:00 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Ok I think I figured it out after looking at my original database from back in June 2019 before I removed any of the races or classes in the char_create_combinations table. My research indicates that the following ID's in the char_create_combinations table will corresponding to the correct ID's in the char_create_point_allocations table for removing Vah Shir, Drakkin, Frogloks, Berserkers and Beastlords:

Vah Shir (Race ID 130)
Remove the following ID's from char_create_point_allocations table:
75-80

Froglok (Race ID 330)
86-93

Drakkin (Race ID 522)
94-106

Beastlord/Berserker
0, 1, 12, 59, 65, 70, 71, 76, 77
Old 10-21-2019, 01:08 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

The new wiki at http://eqemu.gitbook.io has all the database documentation.

As far as the allocations, if you look in the char_create_combinations table you'll notice that it uses the allocation identifier from char_create_point_allocations. So if you already deleted those rows, you'll have a hard time mapping them manually.

This query should pull all the ones you don't need anymore.

Code:
SELECT * FROM `char_create_point_allocations` WHERE `id` NOT IN
 (SELECT `allocation_id` FROM `char_create_combinations`);
https://eqemu.gitbook.io/database-sc...nt_allocations

https://eqemu.gitbook.io/database-sc...e_combinations
Old 10-21-2019, 02:15 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Thanks for all the help, but even after removing all references to Vah Shir from both tables, I am still able to make a Vah Shir. Quite frustrating, as I was hopeful this was the missing link. (yes, I restarted the server)
Old 10-21-2019, 03:04 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Those 3 tables control the options/choices for toons at startup. It works for everyone else. If it's not working for you, then something is screwed up. Check your rule_values table also. World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings false

char_create_combinations
char_create_point_allocations
start_zones
Old 10-21-2019, 07:05 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I triple checked all 3 of those tables and I have removed Vah Shir, Drakkin, Froglok, Berserker, and Beastlord from all of them. There is not a single 1 I missed.

I also have World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings false.

I know you say it works for everyone else, but it doesn't work for me. Is there anything else I could try?
Old 10-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Some stuff is hard-coded and is only disabled server-side and not visually.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Sorry struggle, I have no idea what's happening on your end. It can probably be a number of different reasons, but I guess it all depends on your whole DB setup, what client you are using, etc. If you want easy way to start troubleshooting, first install a fresh database, get it updated and then make those relevant changes to see what happens. If it works, then you know the issue is somewhere in the affected database.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:53 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

All good. I am just going to disable Luclin completely by putting World:ExpansionSettings = 2. That's the only way it stops happening. I was just hoping I could somehow keep AA's but without the Vah Shir, Beastlord, etc.

Thank you everyone for the help, at least I learned a lot from you all =)
Old 10-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

You give up too easy. People do that when they get impatient. I remember back when I was having to learn a lot of basics, one time I spent 3 full days looking for a solution to a problem and, in the end, it was a simple "typo" of one measly little character in that infamous alphabet of ours, lol
Old 10-21-2019, 08:28 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I've literally tried everything I could think of, plus every suggestion provided on this forum. It appears to be a hard coded thing, which I have no way of altering since I am terrible with code. I'm sure one day I'll take a look at it again, but for now I can rest easy knowing I gave it 110% and found nothing that would achieve my desired result.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:52 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

I tried to replicate your issue (somewhat), using an RoF2 client. I removed the vah shir from the create tables, and it would NOT let me create a vah shir toon. This is with all expansions enabled. You will notice that option disabled on the char select screen.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:27 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Thanks for posting this Huppy. I think we are getting to the root of the issue now. I use the Titanium client, so it looks like these methods don't work for Titanium, but they do work for RoF2.

Thank you for all the help, I truly appreciate it! =)